Serious the "help zak not be homeless" thread

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
so for most people this is going to look like it came out of nowhere but maybe two or three people here who are close to me will have seen this coming

basically i've been living at home still, since it was the cheapest option by far and basically the only thing i could afford in the job market around here, but that was still really fucking far from ideal because to way understate things, my relationship with my mom is a fucking dumpster fire

so for a while i had been planning on moving out of state to get as far away from her as possible, and given that a close friend of mine in texas who i'd visited a few times was due for a promotion and was planning on moving out of his home to get an apartment, my plan was to just ride things out for a few months and get the fuck out as soon as i had saved enough money

unfortunately, shit happens, i was let go from the seasonal job i had because it was seasonal, and due to a car accident and some unrelated mechanical problems, my insurance rate went up and i had to burn through most of my savings repairing it because it isn't actually my car, i borrow it from my father. meanwhile, my friend is still transitioning from his old building to the new facility which is still under construction, so for the next few weeks he's gonna be working less hours on a less consistent schedule, which means he's only making about as much as he used to

now i figured that was just a setback, but about half an hour ago, following another blowout argument, my dearest mother served me the 30-day eviction notice required by law (and was originally going to kick me out immediately until i threatened to take her to court over it), and so right now i'm out of a job, out of money, out of plans, and soon to be out of a home unless i can cobble together a plan to get something figured out by halloween

none of you owe me anything, and the fucking shocking amount of donations i've gotten in regards to the map thing have been what's kept me going through the car fiasco, and i'm beyond grateful for everything you guys have done, but if you have some spare change or a few extra dollars to throw around, all i need is enough money to ship my PC and stuff across the country and get a one-way plane ticket, anything beyond that is going straight into rent money for my friend so i'll actually have a place to stay

https://ko-fi.com/O4O7G2S2

it feels really fucking scummy to do this like i'm begging for money, but to be honest i basically am just begging for money, so fuck me i guess lmao

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I had a good chunk of cash saved for the big map release celebration, but you can have that now instead I think.
I'll just prepare a second reward payment instead

D

Deleted member 1381

I don't have a lot to spare at the minute since I've had to spend some money on birthday gifts for my dad and my grandmother whose birthdays are like 9 days apart so I'm pretty broke, 3 bucks was all I could throw in, it's not much but if everyone here chipped in at least that it'll add up. I get paid this Friday so I'll see if I can throw some more in then

good luck man

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: List

tera

Atom
Nebulae
Really wish I can help you out my man, shitty to see you're facing such a situation but unfortunately my parents are rather strict with me about money.
All the best to you dude.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
It's been a long while since I ever played gmod rp, but when I did it was fun and you did add to the experience on the multitude of servers we did play.

I made it a self policy to not donate to large nameless charities but rather local ones, and you are an internet local here.
It's only $15 but I hope it helps in the long run.
Good luck man.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
important update time, since i owe it to people to keep them informed

some pretty severe health problems came up with my grandfather recently, which destabilized the whole house and put everything on a much tighter budget than before; as a result, dad managed to convince dearest mother to not kick me out, since she needs rent money from me much more than previously

so as it stands, i've managed to at least hold myself secure through the end of the holidays, and it's a lot more uncertain as to whether or not things are going to be secure enough by then that she can afford to kick me out. the money you guys have given me went towards covering my rent until the end of december, and this also gives me more time to keep looking for a job, build up some cash on my own

i really can't thank you guys enough, that money is a little more stability, and a little more time for my friend in texas to get things sorted out for himself; hopefully, by the time december ends, i'll have a much more solid, much less uncertain plan to get out of here

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
important update time, since i owe it to people to keep them informed

some pretty severe health problems came up with my grandfather recently, which destabilized the whole house and put everything on a much tighter budget than before; as a result, dad managed to convince dearest mother to not kick me out, since she needs rent money from me much more than previously

so as it stands, i've managed to at least hold myself secure through the end of the holidays, and it's a lot more uncertain as to whether or not things are going to be secure enough by then that she can afford to kick me out. the money you guys have given me went towards covering my rent until the end of december, and this also gives me more time to keep looking for a job, build up some cash on my own

i really can't thank you guys enough, that money is a little more stability, and a little more time for my friend in texas to get things sorted out for himself; hopefully, by the time december ends, i'll have a much more solid, much less uncertain plan to get out of here
I cant give you money but I can certainly give you my thoughts and prayers and hope that things really get much better for you more than they have already!

blackopy

Proton
Nebulae
You should enlist in the service man, you workout, get fed, and sit around in garrison with a roof over your head most of the time doing fuck all and have plenty of time to play games and hang out with friends. Just a though, best of luck and healthy wishes with your situation.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You should enlist in the service man, you workout, get fed, and sit around in garrison with a roof over your head most of the time doing fuck all and have plenty of time to play games and hang out with friends. Just a though, best of luck and healthy wishes with your situation.
Don't think he can due to medical history

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Don't think he can due to medical history
p much this, i've got a decent loss of use in my right hip due to an implant, which would disqualify me from things

besides, i'm too much of a bitch for the military anyways lmao

Rolyat

Medical Roleplay Extraordinare
Nebulae
If you marry me zak, I can take you on a dependent which will give us money for housing and an apartment. Give you time to find a job in my area, build up revenue of your own, and then we get divorced when you're good to go. The government would partially cover the cost of food and rent so that you'd only have to cover a small portion for a half-decent place. I don't know what the rates are for Basic Allowance for Housing where I live (it varies state to state, city to city).

Niick

Quark
Nebulae
I'm actually in a situation very close to putting me in the same scenario, with domestic violence thrown into the mix

Don't feel like a scumbag, everyone needs help sometimes. and when you've helped this community as much as you have, of course you can reach out to them for help.

The mere feeling you have that begging is normally a bad thing just goes to show you that you're a good person.

I wish I had something to give you more than a "feel-good" message, but I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. Best of luck man.