The Last of Us TV Show

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
newest episode was pretty good, really felt like for once the show did something better than the game, with Ellie and Riley's relationship and just generally how Riley acted, imo this episode showcased a relationship in the apocalypse far better than episode 3. though it does have the same problem as episode 3 in that its not very relevant to the plot

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the last 2 episodes are going to need to be at absolute BREAKNECK pace if they're dedicating 2 whole episodes to flashbacks

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the last 2 episodes are going to need to be at absolute BREAKNECK pace if they're dedicating 2 whole episodes to flashbacks

I think they're gonna end Winter next episode and the last episode is gonna be the ending of the 1st game.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
I liked episode three, I liked episode seven, however I feel like if you got 2 filler episodes In a nine episode series there’s an issue

If there was 13 I’d be more content, but it feels like the “story” episodes are packed with too much or waters down the rest of it.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I liked episode three, I liked episode seven, however I feel like if you got 2 filler episodes In a nine episode series there’s an issue

If there was 13 I’d be more content, but it feels like the “story” episodes are packed with too much or waters down the rest of it.

episode 6 was so fucking breakneck that it feels odd to have dedicated 2/9ths of the series to just flashbacks

every problem in ep 6 was resolved in the last 3 minutes, and all the problems appeared in the last 5 minutes

Deleted member 28

What a pathetic string of words
Nebulae
episode 6 was so fucking breakneck that it feels odd to have dedicated 2/9ths of the series to just flashbacks

every problem in ep 6 was resolved in the last 3 minutes, and all the problems appeared in the last 5 minutes
I thought they wouldn't be able to cover everything in the game and that was BEFORE I found out there's only 9 episodes and 2 of them are literally flashbacks

I think it's interesting that they are expanding on the stories of other characters, but I personally preferred the whole "it's just me and you" dynamic of the game, where the focus is squarely on Joel and Ellie and you just briefly experience and learn about other people's lives with the rest put up to interpretation

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
I think the flashbacks are fine in a vacuum (the respective episodes were honestly quite good) but I do agree that it feels somewhat like Book of Boba Fett delegating two whole episodes to the Mandalorian.

Also I thought this week's episode was pretty cool.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
newest episode was pretty good, appreciated how close it was to the game. my only real complaint (which is still a minor nitpick) is how they slightly changed the ending, in the game, Joel is meant to stop Ellie midway through butchering David's face and comfort her quickly before leaving the burning building, though in the show they changed it to where Ellie leaves of her own accord and Joel runs into her. I don't see any real reason as to why they changed this other than for the sake of change but that is really a minor nitpick.

also, I hope in the next episode they do up the appearance of the infected, cause so far I feel like the infected really have barely made an impact at all.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
also, I hope in the next episode they do up the appearance of the infected, cause so far I feel like the infected really have barely made an impact at all.

considering what the last episode is, there'll probably be little to no infected present, if we're going by the game

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
considering what the last episode is, there'll probably be little to no infected present, if we're going by the game
In the game, there is a sequence in a tunnel where a bunch of infected are just before they reach the hospital, so hoping this is included in the final episode

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I think they said they didn't want TLOU to end up like The Walking Dead, where the Infected are the focus when its a character-driven story. I can understand that, at least.

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
I think they said they didn't want TLOU to end up like The Walking Dead, where the Infected are the focus when its a character-driven story. I can understand that, at least.
this makes sense. that, and i think the lack of infected is fine either way at the end of the day. the show gets across a very good point that after a certain point in an apocalypse like this, the infected aren't even the biggest problem, people are.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
this makes sense. that, and i think the lack of infected is fine either way at the end of the day. the show gets across a very good point that after a certain point in an apocalypse like this, the infected aren't even the biggest problem, people are.

Not to mention I think people forget that in TLOU a lot of the Infected fights are strictly gameplay encounters rather than narrative ones, which makes them really difficult to include in a way that doesn't just tack them on.

Plus TWD started like a month after things went to shit in S1 and we were learning about things as Rick did for the longest time. Meanwhile anyone who's still alive in TLOU knows how to deal with the Infected by now because its been 20+ years, and when they have shown up its been for a reason in the story.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
Spoilers for the whole story: I feel like what the game did well in showing was the danger of both the infected and the people, which ultimately is what caused a moral dillema at the end of the game, by allowing Ellie to die, Joel would potentially save humanity, but we as the player have been shown through David and the likes that perhaps humanity was not worth saving at this point. Whilst, by stopping the surgery on Ellie he is condemning humanity to be forever plagued by the infection, making life an eternal chore, for his own selfish desire of a daughter-figure, but we as the player know that this is done for good and justifiable reasons.

imo I feel that by not showing the danger of the infected as well as the game did, it kinda detracts from this final moral dillema as, like you've said, the infected aren't even the biggest problem, it's just been hammered in how bad people are without exactly showing just how bad the infected are, so it's kind of leading the viewer on inherently that humanity isn't worth being saved instead of showing equally both dangers like the game did. Sorry for the miniature essay lol, just wanted to try my best to articulate why I think the infected should have been shown a bit more.

Straven

Proton
Nebulae
the last episode was alright, I do feel like 40 minutes was not enough for this episode, especially considering 10 minutes of it was dedicated to a flashback, because of this the rest of the episode felt quite rushed with them trying to fit as many set pieces from the game that they possibly could, also the ending in the building felt way more dramatic in the game than the show atleast for me.

honestly, imo whilst the show did try their best to convert tlou's story from a game format to a show, I just dont think the game translates that well to a show setting and the show itself was not given enough time to really tell the full story with justice, let alone add on additions like flashbacks to provide context (also, whilst I liked the world building the flashbacks brought, I personally more enjoyed the story being told purely from Joel and Ellie's perspective). overall the shows like an 8/10 for me.

Josh

Nucleus
Nebulae
one of the best episodes of the season. loved it. very very minimal complaints if any honestly.

those who know...
escR3RO.jpg