HL2RP 'The new metro map is terrible' Thread| Agree/Disagree , and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toriwarior30055

I am Santa Claus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
I like the map, I used to think it’s too big for our target population size but the factions have chosen to settle in areas that are close to eachother and a good walking distance from the combine base. The scale of the map isn’t a big disadvantage, and the unused areas have often been used as event space which is nice :)

Sometimes it’s too dark though lol

Reactions: List

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
I enjoy th cqc and schizo gaming.

But I don't want to be here for ages either since this is supposed to be a brief stop in the middle of a journey I think

(too dark and cramped, makes me not wanna explore)

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I like the map, I used to think it’s too big for our target population size but the factions have chosen to settle in areas that are close to eachother and a good walking distance from the combine base. The scale of the map isn’t a big disadvantage, and the unused areas have often been used as event space which is nice :)

Sometimes it’s too dark though lol

you can retroactively shrink a map by just propblocking certain areas

limit da traffic until there's room to expand

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
shit thing to do though

maps have a certain flow, propblocking is a bandaid solution at best

I don't think this is entirely true. Especially when you have the ability in Helix to make teleports between areas and such, you can augment a map's flow quite easily. Block some things here, throw down a "maintenance corridor" here*, etc.

* assuming there is a space to build these things, ik some maps do not have room to build stuff like that.

Last edited:

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Especially when you have the ability in Helix to make teleports between areas and such
teleport doors get camped and result in messy PK's/appeals/etc.

maps rely on passive and combat places, a teleport door in the latter is a shitshow waiting to happen

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
teleport doors get camped and result in messy PK's/appeals/etc.

god I hate neb's PK culture so goddamn much

ik it works for y'all I just absolutely loathe it for how much it prevents, but that conversation is not for here

either way, I don't think blocking things off and shrinking a map w/ props is outright bad.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
god I hate neb's PK culture so goddamn much

ik it works for y'all I just absolutely loathe it for how much it prevents, but that conversation is not for here

either way, I don't think blocking things off and shrinking a map w/ props is outright bad.

Camping TP doors is prohibited regardless, and if it isn't, it will be, like HLA's soundtrack album

Status
Not open for further replies.