the population pendulum swing

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
in the past couple of weeks, I (& others) noticed a very strange population layout between civie whitelist & combine whitelists

everyone on the combine whitelist tends to get online en masse in earlier hours, easily up to 10+ while the civie whitelist is not online

later on, the civie whitelist starts connecting near the end of the day at rly late hours (GMT wise) while the cop population begins dwindling down

this happens cyclically every day and it's such a strange trend I've genuinely never seen it before

any idea why it's happening? how to mitigate it and have everyone be on at once (if thats even necessary all the time tbh)

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Implement a ratio system of the good old days for cop to citizen ratio, how it used to be was for every 2 civilians, 1 cop would be allowed to flag on. It worked for what it was back in the day, not sure how viable it is these days.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Implement a ratio system of the good old days for cop to citizen ratio, how it used to be was for every 2 civilians, 1 cop would be allowed to flag on. It worked for what it was back in the day, not sure how viable it is these days.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This is going to get dumbed to hell, but i think the population is getting past the honeymoon phase of HL2RP2. There used to be a large population of players online at once initially, it is currently steady but not as it was initially.

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
This is going to get dumbed to hell, but i think the population is getting past the honeymoon phase of HL2RP2. There used to be a large population of players online at once initially, it is currently steady but not as it was initially.
i don't really believe this, considering a few days before asheville swap we hit 50 players without any prompting. the catch is that it happened late fucking night

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
when-the-money-vince-mcmahon-big-chungus-wwe-gif-16018373.gif

cops after being paid by the rothschilds to flag off whenever there's more than 3 people on

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Due to timezones perhaps?
I'm not too sure. On quite a few Occasions i've been online all day until about 2AM GMT and the population usually peaks at around 11PM-1AM my time. Until those times it's usually quite dead for the Citizen Faction. I mean, right this moment the Citizen/Combine ratio is 6/12

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
Not many of us are combine mains, so what I notice is that some guys flag onto their Rebel char, but I am not sure it could be the main reason. Not many of us are in the America timezones, so that is also not the cause. I will admit the ammount of people that stay very late in night is mind numbing, so.

What definitely straggles me is that we get many CMB in the early hours first.

cop hours are european timezone hours
rebel hours are north american timezone hours

this is proof that europeans are jackboot fascists and americans are true freedom fighters

I assume many europeans are in the rebel faction, too, but I am not going to memorize your IPs, so... I will be giving my possible reasons this happens and let you figure that out.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
A lot of cops used to be in GMT, so that might be why.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
could be exams? i'm knee deep in midterms for uni right now, so maybe thats a factor in this weird population rn
I know people meme on "hurr exams cope" but I think given pop is still very healthy and its just odd hours, exams could be a big part of it.

Reactions: List