The Unofficial Brutal Death Metal Thread!

The Red Devil

Proton
Nebulae
Round 2! Let's do this guys!

Suffication! A classic!

Dying Fetus! My favourite death metal band from the United States!

Gutfed! Awesome death metal from Turkey!

So, what are your favourite brutal death metal bands? I'd love to find out!

The Red Devil

Proton
Nebulae

Havent updated this thread for a while but....better late then never right? We start off with Katalepsy, kick-ass slam!

Kraanium! Really enjoyed this album. Didn't really get into their other stuff but this album sure is great!

Genius.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
Metal is dead because of people who took it too far and ruined the genre by making this hardcore garbage.

Metal was good, bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, Rammstein (I'd argue), Rush (unless you consider Rush 'progressive rock'), Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath, etc. are slowly dying off and the next generation of metal makes me question how anyone can listen to it.

It seems to be the scene that's driving it and it just let's angry white men grow out their hair, dye it and scream into a microphone and guitarist to just go ham on the guitar while the drummer looks like he's having a hernia.

I still listen to metal to this day, but every metal fan I know seems to suffer from family problems, got bullied in school or are just high out of their minds on drugs or juice.

As a question for you fans of brutal metal, what is it you like about it, what are your thoughts on the direction metal have splintered off into and do you see modern metal surviving the next 50 years?

Reactions: List

The Red Devil

Proton
Nebulae
I am not a big fan of Deathcore as it tends to be music written by kids who think it's ''C00l'' to be in a sick metal band. It's mostly formulaic garbage and is very overproduced. When it comes to bands like Katalepy and Kraanium, they have very small fanbases so I do not see it replacing anything.

It's all an accquired taste really. You either hate it or love it. Not all metal bands are Br00tal these days. There are still a great number of bands that do classic metal, trash metal etc. This genre, as I said has a very small fanbase. You do not have to like it of course, and that is completely okay.

Last edited:

bubblegum

you should see me in a crown
Nebulae
i love metal of all kinds

rly into pantera lately tbh

Ace

angsty teen looking for attention
Nebulae
Id rather listen to a guy farting into a microphone for 10 minutes than clicking one of those youtube links.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Metal is dead because of people who took it too far and ruined the genre by making this hardcore garbage.

Metal was good, bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, Rammstein (I'd argue), Rush (unless you consider Rush 'progressive rock'), Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath, etc. are slowly dying off and the next generation of metal makes me question how anyone can listen to it.

It seems to be the scene that's driving it and it just let's angry white men grow out their hair, dye it and scream into a microphone and guitarist to just go ham on the guitar while the drummer looks like he's having a hernia.

I still listen to metal to this day, but every metal fan I know seems to suffer from family problems, got bullied in school or are just high out of their minds on drugs or juice.

As a question for you fans of brutal metal, what is it you like about it, what are your thoughts on the direction metal have splintered off into and do you see modern metal surviving the next 50 years?
i wouldn't really say that it's dead, you just gotta look at the right places i guess
powermetal has really stuck with me, probably because it's more melodic i guess

also, avantasia is fucking sick

Last edited:

Labyrinth

oily black man
B A N N E D
Nebulae
just naming a few I like out of countless other bands.

Oatherbreaker
Electric Wizard
Amon Amarth
Sleep
Seeds of Iblis (might trigger the pc police)

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I like Rammstein and Nomy.

Over_Lord

Quark
Nebulae
I'm a fan of metal to a certain level.
Like i dont really tolerate just screaming in the mic, or making a demonic voice or just horrificly distorted guitar play.
McGee pretty much summed up most of my favorite metal bands.
Slipknot is pretty dope too.