The Void's Blade

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.gif

Between the Oscillation of Life and the All-In-One after is the realm known as The Void - the dark passage all our essence must traverse when we leave this plane and return to where we came from. The Vortal Cord is all that ties us between this place and the nexus beyond but there are those on this plane who have desecrated this balance - severed their cords willingly and become abominations.

167448.gif

The Void is not simply an empty space but a realm where those abominations are imprisoned beyond the veil. Once, there was an ancient order upon our Homeworld that kept the balance of life and enforced The Will of The Void - seeking out the few aberrations and fiends which escaped this prison and dared to trespass upon our realm and sent them back to the darkness.

We are barely a shadow of that sacred order, but our duty is known: we are faced now with the greater master - the Ulathoi - who has since been weakened by the fall of their citadel - their forces scattered and thrown into disarray now they are cut off from their wretched homeworld.

The Void beckons for those that have forsaken their cords and become something which does not belong.

It is high time we answer, kin.

Will you lend your blade?

ezgif-5-bcca12ee81.gif

Last edited:

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Class post. Thanks for sharing

I knew I recognised this from somewhere, if you know, you know :^)

167448.gif

Reactions: List

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Now only the Cicada Campaign would need to return... and the age old alliance is forged once more

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Will you join me, kin?

Attend me now and listen well.

To be a Blade of The Void is to knowingly give up your life - to know you only have a limited time in this sacred realm before your inevitable return to the All-In-One, for the path of protecting this place from the beings that would taint it is one only travelled for a short time.

You may think there is a foolishness in it, that our essence is best preserved for later or that other paths are better.

Perhaps you are correct, each of us has a path to walk in this realm.

But for us, there is a calmness in our odious duty - like a still body of water reflecting the pale moonlight.

For someone must protect this place, must keep it clean and pure lest the darkness festers and rots.

To hesitate dooms us all to a most wretched fate.

Our time in this realm must end eventually before our return and rebirth, and so to pass on protecting the cycle, I see no better path.

Even one that cannot see the tapestry of Vortessence that we are all woven of such as yourself will one day walk these lands once more.

So, I ask you again kin...

Will you join me?

ezgif-5-bcca12ee81.gif

[If anyone - Vort or Human - would like to join, send a DM my way with a bit about your character and your experience with HL2RP if any. If we get enough people on board, I'll probably make a cell application and see if we can't get something going. All of my vort characters will ICly be part of this order, so it won't just perish with my first character.]

Last edited: