Serious The Worst Experience You Had on A Serious RP Server

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
did you enjoy your time on tthat server, i hear theres lots of rape there and tbh im kinda frightened now of any fallout rp thru ss13
im an admin there and the rape issue is pretty overblown, doesn't happen that often if your character isn't epic erp bait or if you learn to actually be cautious and catch red flags. a raider with blood stained clothes asking you to follow him into an alley way so he can show you something cool is probably not good news.

though the server has been in development hell for a while and an overhaul has been 3 months overdue - imagine if alex said helix was set to come out in one week and the server still ran clockwork 3 months later. thats pretty much whats happening right now so server population has died down hardcore, from 100+ players most nights, to where we are now that 30 is an exceptional number. if you or anyone else wants to try it out i'd hold off until new features are pushed through and people start coming back to the server because unless you know the mechanics really well and can provide your own fun, 90% of the fun on that server comes from interactions with players who for the most part are batshit fucking crazy

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
90% of the fun on that server comes from interactions with players who for the most part are batshit fucking crazy

that's 70% of any ss13-oriented server, though.

go to a place where every round is a toss between a murderthon and a loose singularity and beneath all the acid-syringe nobodies and c4>backpack>suicidebomb-types, you're guaranteed to find either a good ss13 antag buddy or find out a new experience to grief/murderbone people, typically by having some random drug you and carry out the procedure on your unconscious self.

ruben slikk

Nebulae
that's 70% of any ss13-oriented server, though.

go to a place where every round is a toss between a murderthon and a loose singularity and beneath all the acid-syringe nobodies and c4>backpack>suicidebomb-types, you're guaranteed to find either a good ss13 antag buddy or find out a new experience to grief/murderbone people, typically by having some random drug you and carry out the procedure on your unconscious self.
the best times you have on ss13 are generally when you're semi-new and are aware of the mechanics and know how to play, but you're still discovering new ways to wreak havoc upon the station everyday

finding such a game when i was a depressed and insecure mess of a 14 year old with no outlet to express myself was very fun, liberating, and also got me banned on literally every single server

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
the best times you have on ss13 are generally when you're semi-new and are aware of the mechanics and know how to play, but you're still discovering new ways to wreak havoc upon the station everyday

finding such a game when i was a depressed and insecure mess of a 14 year old with no outlet to express myself was very fun, liberating, and also got me banned on literally every single server
Its kinda weird to think you can even get banned on a SS13 really for doing dumb shit when thats the point of the game lmao

Zyzz

Proton
Nebulae
I logged onto a server and the first thing that I saw was "pulls down pant and unzips dick"
[doublepost=1538408545][/doublepost]
Its kinda weird to think you can even get banned on a SS13 really for doing dumb shit when thats the point of the game lmao
Also, most of the furries causes the influx of stupid rules. Most servers really didn't have strict rules besides Goon and some other 'heavy roleplay' servers. I remember griefing for solid four rounds before admins messaged me because someone whined over it.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Also, most of the furries causes the influx of stupid rules. Most servers really didn't have strict rules besides Goon and some other 'heavy roleplay' servers. I remember griefing for solid four rounds before admins messaged me because someone whined over it.
Don't get me wrong I like the RP SS13 servers cause they're usually not too serious while still giving you a job and leeway to do whatever you want but there are some places its fucking unbearable to play at cause you get banned for the smallest thing.

ruben slikk

Nebulae
this used to be my viewpoint too until i got staff. doing dumb shit isnt the problem, i sometimes find myself observing people technically breaking the rules but not doing anything because they're not doing harm to anyone's experience and what theyre doing is mad funny.

but when the shenanigans youre doing are just plain stupid/overdone/boring and do nothing but detract from other people's experience that's where a problem begins to arise.

ss13 is such a player centered game and your experiences are so dependent on how other :heyzeus: are playing that people being shitty need to be fucked off else people will just get mad and fuck off from server

Zyzz

Proton
Nebulae
Don't get me wrong I like the RP SS13 servers cause they're usually not too serious while still giving you a job and leeway to do whatever you want but there are some places its fucking unbearable to play at cause you get banned for the smallest thing.
I enjoyed the light RP chaos, back on Hippies launch and old goon was the best imo. Now I haven't touched the game as it seems awfully dead to me. Last time I was on the Alien server was still a thing and the top server was some furry ERP server.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
but when the shenanigans youre doing are just plain stupid/overdone/boring and do nothing but detract from other people's experience that's where a problem begins to arise.
Oh yeah no of course like there has to be a line between being disruptive to be a cunt and being disruptive in a way that doesn't just instantly fuck the round over.

A lot of places don't make the distinction between the two and everything is classed as the former.

ruben slikk

Nebulae
A lot of places don't make the distinction between the two and everything is classed as the former.
that's the issue of servers like bay12 who ban you permanently for the slightest problem but that's a different thing, it's more of a case of a community of players who all want nothing but the most utmost serious roleplay and whose concern is more over building a story throughout a round than epic shenanigans so obviously anyone who doesn't abide to that vision has no reason to be on the server. though their permabans aren't exactly for the same reasons as ones on gmod servers since they're mostly to gauge who actually gives a shit enough to come and appeal it and who doesnt give a fuck and is just here to fuck shit up.

Hippies launch
thank you so fucking much. top 3 best experiences i had on ss13, *superfart is literally the best thing ever.

idk if anyone here has played the game long enough to have been there when noxiousnet's server was a thing, but that was some fucking wild shit. pissing on the floor in a high traffic hallway so people ran through, slipped on it, then running up to shit on their face to stun them and then loot them lmfao

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
idk if anyone here has played the game long enough to have been there when noxiousnet's server was a thing, but that was some fucking wild shit. pissing on the floor in a high traffic hallway so people ran through, slipped on it, then running up to shit on their face to stun them and then loot them lmfao
My first experience with noxiousnet before I came to Gmod was SS13, sad that server went under. Genuinely good stuff.

Think my weirdest moment was walking into one of the maintenance corridors way out of the way cause I thought something fishy was going on and like every single surface a few tiles in was covered in shit, there were about six dead guys and a lone clown running by at the far end. I still don't know what the fuck I walked into lmao

Zyzz

Proton
Nebulae
I remember figuring out that you could cut wires and shit and cause problems on the station, I remember mixing medicals and creating loads of random crap before dipping the captains cigar in the beaker, turns out I had some nasty chemicals in there and the stupid fool got blazed.

After a while I figured out how to create bombs which lead to me having extreme amounts of fun, the explosions in SS13 used to make me laugh my socks off for no fucking reason, I just thought blowing shit up while seeing people try to run away from it and failing was funny.

It turned out that you could cause a huge explosion if you stacked the bombs on a tile, which I did. I placed all of them in my bag before throwing them at people and it would cause the entire server to freeze up for twenty seconds before everything slowly loaded. At that moment people were instantly gibbed or insta-critted anywhere near the explosion.

Turns out making a pure plasma smoke bomb + igniter on signaller worked great too.

Dr Heckyll

Molecule
Nebulae
I remember figuring out that you could cut wires and shit and cause problems on the station, I remember mixing medicals and creating loads of random crap before dipping the captains cigar in the beaker, turns out I had some nasty chemicals in there and the stupid fool got blazed.
CIA tries to kill Fidel Castro, 1963 (colourised)

Never played SS13 lads. Is it fun? Do people still play it?

Eli

Proton
Nebulae
Getting my character's dick cut off by a CP on a random RP server. Wouldn't really call it a bad experience cause it was funny as fuck.