This is what happen when you let a maniac dev a server

BurningMadness

Firekeeper
Nebulae

So long story short, I tried to make my own french roleplay server, I wanted it to be the perfect balance between scripts and roleplay, I truly think scripts can heavily enhance the roleplay for everyone if it's correctly made.

But one thing I couldn't code is active and nice players that don't abuse the shit out of clockwork, guess what, that's what happened, plus problems with salesman, biolocks ,spawner and forcefield saving that forced us to replace them after each restart.
IT was a mess to look at and to understand but everyone enjoyed my coding and server/clients performance impact where minimal.

Speaking of my coding, it was compact and well written, but I was limited by a few things and I did too much, really TOO MUCH.

It would be a shame if I wouldn't share some of my ideas and realisation so here we go.
And a final note, I enjoyed coding every single of those things, so don't tell me it was a waste of time, its just a way to pass the time like another, some play csgo, some roleplay, some do jogging, me I code complex shit that will never serve anyone because of their complexity and also because almost every single community said fucking awful things about my server to prevent players from even wanted to visit me, send treats such as dox, ddos, hacking for not wanting to give my work out, they can go bap themselves in the lower back of their hitbox.

I also want to point out, we had the possibility to deny any loot on death on the fly with a simple command for s2k events or to simply reward a player for his actions, this meant worrying about loosing your script wasnt a big issue when you had an admin approval for a well written and prepared scenario.

I will actively respond to you and accept feedbacks even if I'm never gonna remake a server ever again.

Also i really like this community, so, thanks for reading, I hope the following will distract, surprise, amuse or even inspire you! :smiley:

unknown.png

Durabilité sand for Durability
"Resort" stands for spring
"Cannon" stands for cannon
"Munitions" de type stand for the type of ammo
"Munitions" stands for ammo
"Aide et information" stands for "Help and information"
"Améliorer" stands for upgrading
"Change le" stand for change the
"Modifier" stands for modify
"Nettoyer" stand for cleaning
"Réparer" stand for fixing
So, I found then only adding durability was quite boring, I wanted to do more so I added durability to the cannon and the string, a quality, and the possibility to individually remove them and remplace them with a new one, they had their own data so you had to remove the spring and get it fixed on a workbench, if you replaced it with a spring of a lower quality, it would stay low quality.

Durability affected the jamming of the gun, the cannon affected its damage output and the spring affected the ROF, recoil and spread.

The more the cannon or spring where damaged, the more durability would suffer.
You could also switch the ammo type, meaning a pistol could fire 9x18, 9x19 and even .45hpr, but they would suffer from heavy durability damage and a lower reserve if not adapted to the calibre. Also changing the caliber would require a special kit able to replace important elements of the weapon, meaning weapons had to be able to support such activity, pre-war weapons would suffer from this lack of option.

Calibre type 1 was intended for non-armoured target such as headcrab, it was cheap to produce and to come by.
Calibre type 2 was intended for armoured target, it was rare if you were not a combine officer.
Calibre type 3 was intended for the resistance as an end tier ammo, extremely powerful but also extremely rare.

Players could also clean their weapons and fix them, do to so they needed a specific kit that was reusable as long as you had the needed materials for such as oil and screws for example, the difference was, cleaning was meant to be for short term fixing, having more effect if the gun was in a good shape, as for fixing, it was meant for... Fixing heavely damaged weapons, very costly and had to come by, the kit was more efficient as the gun was more damaged.

A final note, players had to know how to do to complex things such as fixing, modifying and manipulating a weapon, they could learn them with different goods, for a coder pov, it was done with a shared var, 1 = basics, 2 = advanced and 3 = expert.

With this system I was aiming to obtain more excitement for a player to get a gun and have more complexity to it than just press m2 to shoot and get ammo, players who got a weapon where confused at start, but it created more roleplay as they heavily relied on experimented members, kinda forcing them to still work together and even creating weapons expert whitout ever requesting an admin to obtain advantage over non expert players.

unknown.png

"Equiper d'un masque à gas" stand for "Equipped with a gasmask"
"Propreté" stands for "cleanliness"
"Fiabilité" stands for "Reliability"
"Ballistic" stands for "Ballistic"
"Chimique" stands for "Chemical"
I think you can easily guess the rest, if not, yell at me.
Clothing was a big part of my coding as players had to deal with all kind of damages such as cuts and gas, the xen fauna was really present in my lore.

To explain this rather simply, players had to worry about cold, durability and cleanliness, citizens cloths would help against cold but as the cost of a weak viability, meaning direct damage to them would heavily damage their clothing, a dirty cloth would mean a weaker cloth and also more exposure to sickness, a damaged cloth would simply reduce its effectiveness on all part.

Every aspect of cloth could be improved, it had a limitation as some cloths may not support heavy modification due to its quality, meaning cheap cloths would help in short terms but cut any possibility of improvement.

Armoured cloths where the only way a player could obtain armour, using differents types of protection such as plates, they would add armour util they reach their maximum armour capability.

And I guess that's everything. just like for guns, this added a real sence of progression and the dirt elements allowed shops to open as laundromat and more.

unknown.png

Just TnB clothing working with bodygroups and having various effects such as better protection agaist cold, it was a pain in the ass to made.

unknown.png

A bunch of scripts, those at the center are mainly for weapons and armours manipulation, most of the models are from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Misery.

unknown.png

A fully reworked body system, this state is when nothing special is happening to you
"Besoins Vitaux" stands for "Vital needs"
Faim stand for hunger
Soif for thirst
Fatigue for tired
"Conscience" stands for "Consciousness"
Etat du sang" stand for "State of the blood"
Circulation" means "traffic" if that makes sense
"Immunité" sand for "Immunity" for sickness
Clareté" stands for "clarity"
Hunger and thirst are quite common, as well as the requirement for sleep, but what I wanted to accomplish with the sleep thing is if you play your chara for 8 hours you may want to rest, resting would mean a 2h temp pk, leaving you to play someone else but coming back with your wounds healed, I never activated this caus there was no point forcing 12 players to rp someone else and I was afraid of how badly recieved it could have been.

Temperature mean the more time you waste outside, the more likely you are to become sick, depending on the temperature, it allowed us to force players to seek a warm place, meaning they were more likely to find peoples as "hot spot" where rarer in the resistance side.

Consciousness was basically linked to pain, the more damage you take, especially without protection, the more slowed down and likely to fall unconscious you where, forcing peoples to rely on painkillers if they where too wounded, it also forced peoples to roleplay their injury and allowed me to include a long treatments procedure depending on the quality, it was very complex to make as I had to make sure smalls cuts wouldn't lower your consciousness to 0, it was constantly checking the player's state to make sure nothing ridiculous was happening to the player, and it worked nicely.

Traffic is basically how much blood is left in your body, this heavily affected consciousness and your immunity, heavy blood lose would mean longer and painful recovery, leaving the player extremely vulnerable to sickness and weak to any form of danger. After a few days, they stopped running into zombies and punching them to death as the incredible blood lost following a false move was a no go.

Clarity is how clean your blood is, instead of forcing players to use only one medical script per fight, the more powerful a medical item was, the more clarity it would take away, meaning fast and efficient medicine was limited by your own body, as slow and common medicine such as bandage where not efficient in combat.

If a player got sick they would suffer from various effects depending on the sickness itself, immunity would react with a ratio of "cure:1-sicknesstype/1 immunity" meaning certain sickness where too strong to naturally be pushed away, strong sickness would only happen if the player was heavily weakened, various medicines where made, but they where hard to come by, a good state (well feed and stuff) would help the player, a black headcrab's venom was a "sickness" in my coding but for roleplaying reasons, it wouldn't kill the player if his health reaches 0 (caus amputation and more elements I wouldn't code as players can roleplay them).

Here's how it looks like when all the effects where called
unknown.png

And here I go! I could add more stuff but I don't know yet if it even interests peoples, I think its a good start, as I said, my primary goal is not to flex or anything, but more to share and to distract, I made all of this and its never gonna get used, so why wouldn't I talk about it ?

If you read everything, thanks to you for your time! :smiley:

Credits where credits should belong even if probably no one care, but I can"t just don't credit them: Grafik for his help, Gr4ss for his incredible work, Robot & Viz for their supports, Bansse, Amin for testing, KNG for participating in some works.