Rejected THIS PROJECT IS RETIRED

• Thread starter Deleted member 7099
  • Start date
Nebulae
here's an idea dump i had about combine occupied china not long ago with merlin

its mostly lore shit but if you like the ideas you can integrate them into the map in all manner of ways

e7f2dca9cae081386b2101e58d812668.png

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 7099

here's an idea dump i had about combine occupied china not long ago with merlin

its mostly lore shit but if you like the ideas you can integrate them into the map in all manner of ways

e7f2dca9cae081386b2101e58d812668.png
this is just kinda a server thing, not a map thing. if neb ever uses my map it'd be up to them to do joe's son 2: chinese boogaloo.
but i'd prefer if it wasn't related to joe's son at all and be its own thing, just a map set in shanghai without kobe yoshis or some deep inner race war, it'd feel too much like i was riding off of dallas's coat tails

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
I mean I'll be honest bros, joe's son legit happened cause of events that happened before on the server where Korea was in a massive civil war, the Japs legit used that moment cause the government was afraid of a second war to put their teeth into it.
Would it make sense for the Japs to go into China? Yes, but not too fast as they still got Korea to control and they lost in Manchuria. I doubt that in a week, the japs would all of a sudden control china. I mean I like the Kobs, but we should do something different, not focus on them. I like that the server is in Japan and it makes sense for the Kob's to have a presence and they show it but focusing on other things that happen in China with what lore we have already would be more interesting in my opinion.

If anything, use the map for a city map and not for an event map

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
The Japanese just failed an offensive in Manchuria, they probably aren't going to march into the hinterlands anytime soon.

Now the coastal cities coming under clan influence, and the subsequent yakuza/triad/state fighting that comes with it? That's a concept I'd like to see explored. Joseon 2, Hong Kong edition.

Shit, maybe someone should do something with the idea of smugglers.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
ok pls dont turn this into a kobayashi discussion it's about the Map and not the Joe's Son Part 2
I like the mall idea, reminds me of that one City 8 map, what kinda style would you be going for with it? Traditional, post modern, etc?

D

Deleted member 7099

I like the mall idea, reminds me of that one City 8 map, what kinda style would you be going for with it? Traditional, post modern, etc?
a mix of traditional, kinda like hong kong in the mid 1940s, and almost steampunk type of futuristicisms (of course in the style of hl2)

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
a mix of traditional, kinda like hong kong in the mid 1940s, and almost steampunk type of futuristicisms (of course in the style of hl2)
one thing that's quite common in shanghai is HUGE market places in subway stations, with loads of little shops selling you fake stuff

an idea could be to use this as the rebel area, because they already are kinda derelict depending on which ones you go to, here's an example of a clean one (notice how on the lin shop it has different airline logos because they know crew come to buy their stuff so they offer """discount""")

1551417043.jpg

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
one thing that's quite common in shanghai is HUGE market places in subway stations, with loads of little shops selling you fake stuff

an idea could be to use this as the rebel area, because they already are kinda derelict depending on which ones you go to, here's an example of a clean one (notice how on the lin shop it has different airline logos because they know crew come to buy their stuff so they offer """discount""")

1551417043.jpg
dong dong optical sounds like a nice place to buy glasses

D

Deleted member 7099

unknown.png

here's an idea for the city i had earlier, to make a 'layered/stacked' city
the idea is to have 3 buildings, each connected to eachother but all for different purposes and technically different buildings
it gives off the feel of a really cramped (not in the bad way) really industrial (not i17 lol) sorta city im going for, like an extreme version of 1940s hong kong