Timed out on first connect of launch.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So I've encountered a weird little bug over the past few weeks, I've yet to test it with other servers (though I probably should), but when I first launch the game - regardless of how I join - when I join the server I find myself loading and then it boots me out with an "Aether timed out" message and kicks me back to the main menu. I then reconnect and just like that, I'm in game and everything's fine.

It's not game breaking and it's not the end of the world but it's a niggling little issue that lost its charm a while ago.

The only thing I've done to my garry's mod in the past good while was extract my addons in the addon folder so that I could finally use my Q menu search bar to search through my addons for props. Could that have been the reason, and if so, how can I fix it without losing the ability to use the Q Menu search bar to look through my addons.

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Still happening, here's a pastbin of my console on first connect, resulting in a timeout then me reconnecting and getting into the server.

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
No, I doubt changing your spawnlists would cause this kind of problem. Are you subbed to everything on the content list? If so, check your addons folder and see if you have any addons duplicated. If not, sub to everything.

If that doesn't help, there's a problem server-side or with your connection. Don't know how to help you there.

Last edited:
Reactions: List