To: whoever removed it

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
I made a thread, because i needed help getting better download speed on a torrent client. (from experienced people)
i didn't encourage piracy, say that i was doing something right or wrong, advertise a torrent site, or anything of the likes.

Yet, a staff member removed my post for "we don't encourage piracy here". Is it really that dangerous, to post a thread that you need help getting better DL speed?

I mean, I get it, I mentioned that I was pirating, which I maybe shouldn't have done, but even if i didn't, they would've probably removed the thread just for me mentioning torrents.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I made a thread, because i needed help getting better download speed on a torrent client. (from experienced people)
i didn't encourage piracy, say that i was doing something right or wrong, advertise a torrent site, or anything of the likes.

Yet, a staff member removed my post for "we don't encourage piracy here". Is it really that dangerous, to post a thread that you need help getting better DL speed?

I mean, I get it, I mentioned that I was pirating, which I maybe shouldn't have done, but even if i didn't, they would've probably removed the thread just for me mentioning torrents.

To get a faster DL speed...

Get a better internet provider.

That's pretty much it. I downloaded 12 GB of Arma 3 addons in half an hour with torrents (Not pirating, the mod stated you could only download it through a torrent)

Get a Devolo Wi-Fi booster too, that helps.

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
To get a faster DL speed...

Get a better internet provider.

That's pretty much it. I downloaded 12 GB of Arma 3 addons in half an hour with torrents (Not pirating, the mod stated you could only download it through a torrent)

Get a Devolo Wi-Fi booster too, that helps.
My download speed is 50 mbit/s************* edited

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
discussing piracy on the forums is forbidden, hence why it was removed

i dont know if you got banned for it as well, but if you didnt you were lucky

don't push it imo

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
discussing piracy on the forums is forbidden, hence why it was removed

i dont know if you got banned for it as well, but if you didnt you were lucky

don't push it imo

Imo it should be "Encouraging piracy is forbidden" instead of having the mention of it risk a ban.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
you can ask for help torrenting since torrent doesn't always = piracy, but it's your fault for acting like a edgy hacker dude "BRO I PIRATE THINGS I USE UTORRENT IM SO COOL"

if you have low speeds while torrenting it means ur getting a torrent with too many leechers/not enough seeders

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Just don't discuss your piracy habits on the forums. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Alex and co can't afford possible legal battles should Neb end up on the radar because of someone talking about the shit they're pirating, which can easily be seen as encouraging and enabling (especially this part) illicit activity. You get banned on places like Facepunch for the same shit. They're pretty much obligated by law to remove content that may be infringing on copyright or encouraging copyright infringement.

Reactions: List

Adrenaline

relaxed
Nebulae
you can ask for help torrenting since torrent doesn't always = piracy, but it's your fault for acting like a edgy hacker dude "BRO I PIRATE THINGS I USE UTORRENT IM SO COOL"

if you have low speeds while torrenting it means ur getting a torrent with too many leechers/not enough seeders
wait, when have i ever acted like some edgy hacker...