Serious Tortilla's Computer Guide for the curious people.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
especially if you're planning on running GMOD at 60+ FPS, a good lad advised me on getting a powerful CPU, especially single core, as gmod doesn't play nice multicore
getting something with 6, 8+ cores if you want to run gmod isn't going to be good, get something that's high quality and decent clock speed at 4 cores if you can't buy a nice one
might write my own guide on how to build the perfect gmod machine
multicore rendering and hyperthreading is a thing now though.
idk
if you are a man like @Sir Goatson, more cores is good for having multiple things open (as is more ram) as well as some games which use multiple games (idk I think destiny 2 is gonna use ALL of ur cores)
if you want pure gaming performance then go with a kabylake i5 or i7

I really hope the people on this forum who own 8 cores or 6 cores are actually using them in gmod with those multicore/multithread commands instead of utilising 3 or 4.

Reactions: List

swexs

Nebulae
especially if you're planning on running GMOD at 60+ FPS, a good lad advised me on getting a powerful CPU, especially single core, as gmod doesn't play nice multicore
getting something with 6, 8+ cores if you want to run gmod isn't going to be good, get something that's high quality and decent clock speed at 4 cores if you can't buy a nice one
might write my own guide on how to build the perfect gmod machine
why would u build a pc just to play gmod

PADEX

Electron
Nebulae
at the moment i have a decent laptop, but i don't use it for gaming (unless it's a really runnable game, like hl2 or 16 bit games). i wanna build a gaming PC but i don't know howto and more importantly: i need moneyyy ;-;

Nebulae
at the moment i have a decent laptop, but i don't use it for gaming (unless it's a really runnable game, like hl2 or 16 bit games). i wanna build a gaming PC but i don't know howto and more importantly: i need moneyyy ;-;
Research will be your friend, my best advice is to do your own in-depth research. Use youtube channels like JayZTwoCents, PaulsHardware and BitWit, that's my reccomendation. They all have excellent guides on where to start, and how to start.