Trying to make a Combine style poster

21ml

Gillette, the best a man can get
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hi guys, I'm not a fantastic designer but I have some experience and wanted to give a go at designing something, starting with a poster. The first attempt I put some grunge textures over it in the idea of how it would look in the game. Secondly, I resized the border as well as the logos and the cup as well as removed the grunge.

What do you guys think? What improvements would you make?

1st one.
lfZ1oYI.png

2nd one.
q9Ywnz1.png

Reactions: List

21ml

B A N N E D
Nebulae
i like it but i can't read the text that well
Kinda the point since it's the Combine/Universal Union font. It's not immediately readable but when you take a closer look you can see it.

21ml

B A N N E D
Nebulae
Ok, here's another go. Took into consideration the font suggestions and used Century Gothic for the title, Futura for the other text.

Also added City 24 logo and more text to make the poster feel more 'busy'. Messed with some different grunge textures too.

X4rPdtZ.png

[doublepost=1508388387][/doublepost]@Hoovie the Apansenok is this of any value or am i stupid and need to stick to ms paint
[doublepost=1508388863][/doublepost]I should probably tag @Now you're going to say!

D

Deleted member 2011

Ok, here's another go. Took into consideration the font suggestions and used Century Gothic for the title, Futura for the other text.

Also added City 24 logo and more text to make the poster feel more 'busy'. Messed with some different grunge textures too.

X4rPdtZ.png

[doublepost=1508388387][/doublepost]@Hoovie the Apansenok is this of any value or am i stupid and need to stick to ms paint
[doublepost=1508388863][/doublepost]I should probably tag @Now you're going to say!

Very well done and beautifully crafted. I like it a lot.