Twisted's collection of various images that could be considered some possible form of art.

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
since you get automatic copyright on art in the UK, he would show that he created the art by showing the photoshop files or whatever program he used to create it

and then he'd sue the fuck out of you

That's presuming he has the monetary motive behind being able to sue, he'd then have to find out who i am IRL to be able to serve the lawsuit.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That's presuming he has the monetary motive behind being able to sue, he'd then have to find out who i am IRL to be able to serve the lawsuit.

i feel like you don't know what the Creative Commons license is

him saying you're able to post it so long as you give credit is basically a creative commons license

you're asking some fucking weird questions dude

Reactions: List

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
i feel like you don't know what the Creative Commons license is

him saying you're able to post it so long as you give credit is basically a creative commons license

you're asking some fucking weird questions dude

Im just pondering the implications of copyright infringement. I have no use for his artwork, but im sure there's been others from outside this forum that've stolen artwork from perhaps not twisted, but others from here.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Im just pondering the implications of copyright infringement. I have no use for his artwork, but im sure there's been others from outside this forum that've stolen artwork from perhaps not twisted, but others from here.

if i found out that someone from this forum had used my art without my permission i would ask them to remove it
failing that, i'd ask the site that's hosting it to remove it
and if it still isnt removed i'd tell the site that i have no choice but to move to legal action

at this point it's normally removed

it's not going to bankrupt you for such a clear cut case of "this moron posted my art and made money off it without my permission, here are the files that i am the sole owner of to prove that i created this art"

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
what if i stole your hard work and claimed it as my own.....................................

haha just kidding......................................

unless................................
[doublepost=1634839591][/doublepost]
"If found guilty of copyright infringement in a magistrate's court, your business could be fined up to £50,000 and you could face a jail term of up to six months. If the case reaches a Crown Court, fines can be unlimited and the maximum sentence up to ten years' imprisonment. The scale of the infringement has an impact."

Deleted member 5501

B A N N E D
Nebulae
what if i stole your hard work and claimed it as my own.....................................

haha just kidding......................................

unless................................
[doublepost=1634839591][/doublepost]
"If found guilty of copyright infringement in a magistrate's court, your business could be fined up to £50,000 and you could face a jail term of up to six months. If the case reaches a Crown Court, fines can be unlimited and the maximum sentence up to ten years' imprisonment. The scale of the infringement has an impact."

Thankyou for the information, that's what i was looking for :D

TwistedSilicon

Magic Citrus Fruit Man
Nebulae

PettyDisloyalBorer-size_restricted.gif

Title: See above.

So yeah, this week has been the process of me fiddling around with animation principles - so expect a lot of self-aggrandizing and venting (You know, like every other post I make).

So, without further ado, let's get right into this.

Sidenote:

hgIzETp.png

~60% Complete!

Project 1: Stuff for Frentium.
FrighteningMeanAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

So, a lot of things I learnt with this one, face posing in Blender is much harder than it is in Gmod. Which is a problem, considering my face posing skills, even in gmod were pretty abysmal (see my early work, and notice most of them are either facing away, have default expressions or are cops and therefore have no face or soul).

Also- Surprise Surprise, you guessed it: Animation is pretty hard for me at the moment.

I kinda jumped in the deep end here, I've not really used source models in Blender for too long as it does show a bit with this one. @frentium hopefully I'll finish this off one day when I'm a bit more advanced skill wise.

Alternative Version.

AltruisticWatchfulHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Project 2: Volumetrics (Again)

InfantileInformalAidi-size_restricted.gif

Another small project mainly done to get me used to the ins and outs of importing and animating source models, alongside the possible problems I'll have to manually fix each time I do so (i.e. the phong map was incorrectly blended with the normal texture on this specific object). Overall not really anything new just practise.

Project 3: Inverse Kinematics

UltimateHeartfeltGalapagosalbatross-size_restricted.gif

So- Inverse Kinematics: What the fuck is it? Good Question, and I only know some of the answer.
Using a specifically designated control bone and a pole bone, you can essentially skip the pain of posing each part individually to instead simply have each bone position itself to attempt to reach said control bone. Very useful for when your bone has to reach a certain point but the start of the bone may vary in location (i.e. walking). This is just a quick test and you can see it's a bit jerky in some places [Mainly due to the fact my constraints weren't very good], but with some tweaking you can get pretty easy smooth motions.

Project 4: Face Posing

TautInfatuatedFirefly-size_restricted.gif

Yeah face posing has never been one of my strongpoints as I stated way back up in the post. And it's even worse in Blender since all the shape key's aren't even named and a lot of them don't come with their actual true ranges carried over. Meaning a lot of work for me renaming each one and setting their values appropriately, hopefully there's an easier way to do this in the future because right now it is quite hard to do much with faces that still looks natural. (Also the eyes seem constantly off balanced and I'm not sure why...)

Alternative version

Less intermission between the keyframes, makes the animation more jagged and stop-start-ish rather than the smooth flow it should be for organic objects

Project 5: Map Loading
iStV9t2.png

IS2hjLV.png

rmXipQz.png

HcNBHw3.png
gvETU7g.jpg
GiganticInsecureAcaciarat-size_restricted.gif

No, I cannot load rp_d47, it's simply too big and my Blender crashes trying to load it in. BUT I can load in HL2, TF2 and CSGO maps.I've been trying to find out some way to have all the content for all my games in one massive file that the maps load various effects, items and other textures from. But so far that's a work in progress. Also you can quite clearly see my development process here, which kinda seems cool in my opinion.

My only real gripe is the camera movement here, while it does give that shaky handheld vibe, the noise in the moment is too in sync and it gives off a somewhat odd effect. Also maybe some roll would further sell the deal.

But anyways, hopefully you'll see more familiar places and faces soon in my renders.

Project 6: Portrait 2.

I like making these, not only are they a neat little distraction from some of the harder stuff (i.e. no animation, no map loading, no face posing), but they end up looking pretty good when the lighting's right.
Tried rotating the lights in a different axis, wonder if you can guess which axis I'm going to use next week?

Alternative version

A version with a volumetric effect, ends up making the picture a bit more blurry, but at the cost of having a more clearly defined light diffraction around the subject.

Closing Words

I'm making progress, both on the course and in terms of my ability as a Blender artist, I've still got some work to do, but I think I've finally surpassed what I had made previously which is a big point for me. I know I already referenced how much of a big deal this was for me in my previous post, but now I'm feeling much more, like I'm going beyond my previous limits into an area of new heights, and that it's all been worth it.

In all honesty, the main reason this one took so long is that I've been having fun playing on the server for once!, Not had so much free-time, though that hasn't stopped me doing Blender stuff while I'm AFK on the server. Hopefully I can keep my upload schedule relatively consistent.

Also check out the original title card I made for this, I chose to replace it with the animated one (Yes, it's animated, if you missed it scroll you must scroll up and appreciate for approximately 5 hours) since this post was mainly about animation I thought an animated title card would fit better.

See you possibly next week!
(If I manage to make anything in that time)

ZWKuWAD.png

chronos

Molecule
Nebulae

PettyDisloyalBorer-size_restricted.gif

Title: See above.

So yeah, this week has been the process of me fiddling around with animation principles - so expect a lot of self-aggrandizing and venting (You know, like every other post I make).

So, without further ado, let's get right into this.

Sidenote:

hgIzETp.png

~60% Complete!

Project 1: Stuff for Frentium.
FrighteningMeanAustraliancurlew-size_restricted.gif

So, a lot of things I learnt with this one, face posing in Blender is much harder than it is in Gmod. Which is a problem, considering my face posing skills, even in gmod were pretty abysmal (see my early work, and notice most of them are either facing away, have default expressions or are cops and therefore have no face or soul).

Also- Surprise Surprise, you guessed it: Animation is pretty hard for me at the moment.

I kinda jumped in the deep end here, I've not really used source models in Blender for too long as it does show a bit with this one. @frentium hopefully I'll finish this off one day when I'm a bit more advanced skill wise.

Alternative Version.

AltruisticWatchfulHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Project 2: Volumetrics (Again)

InfantileInformalAidi-size_restricted.gif

Another small project mainly done to get me used to the ins and outs of importing and animating source models, alongside the possible problems I'll have to manually fix each time I do so (i.e. the phong map was incorrectly blended with the normal texture on this specific object). Overall not really anything new just practise.

Project 3: Inverse Kinematics

UltimateHeartfeltGalapagosalbatross-size_restricted.gif

So- Inverse Kinematics: What the fuck is it? Good Question, and I only know some of the answer.
Using a specifically designated control bone and a pole bone, you can essentially skip the pain of posing each part individually to instead simply have each bone position itself to attempt to reach said control bone. Very useful for when your bone has to reach a certain point but the start of the bone may vary in location (i.e. walking). This is just a quick test and you can see it's a bit jerky in some places [Mainly due to the fact my constraints weren't very good], but with some tweaking you can get pretty easy smooth motions.

Project 4: Face Posing

Yeah face posing has never been one of my strongpoints as I stated way back up in the post. And it's even worse in Blender since all the shape key's aren't even named and a lot of them don't come with their actual true ranges carried over. Meaning a lot of work for me renaming each one and setting their values appropriately, hopefully there's an easier way to do this in the future because right now it is quite hard to do much with faces that still looks natural. (Also the eyes seem constantly off balanced and I'm not sure why...)

Alternative version

Less intermission between the keyframes, makes the animation more jagged and stop-start-ish rather than the smooth flow it should be for organic objects

Project 5: Map Loading
iStV9t2.png

IS2hjLV.png

rmXipQz.png

HcNBHw3.png
gvETU7g.jpg
GiganticInsecureAcaciarat-size_restricted.gif

No, I cannot load rp_d47, it's simply too big and my Blender crashes trying to load it in. BUT I can load in HL2, TF2 and CSGO maps.I've been trying to find out some way to have all the content for all my games in one massive file that the maps load various effects, items and other textures from. But so far that's a work in progress. Also you can quite clearly see my development process here, which kinda seems cool in my opinion.

My only real gripe is the camera movement here, while it does give that shaky handheld vibe, the noise in the moment is too in sync and it gives off a somewhat odd effect. Also maybe some roll would further sell the deal.

But anyways, hopefully you'll see more familiar places and faces soon in my renders.

Project 6: Portrait 2.

I like making these, not only are they a neat little distraction from some of the harder stuff (i.e. no animation, no map loading, no face posing), but they end up looking pretty good when the lighting's right.
Tried rotating the lights in a different axis, wonder if you can guess which axis I'm going to use next week?

Alternative version

A version with a volumetric effect, ends up making the picture a bit more blurry, but at the cost of having a more clearly defined light diffraction around the subject.

Closing Words

I'm making progress, both on the course and in terms of my ability as a Blender artist, I've still got some work to do, but I think I've finally surpassed what I had made previously which is a big point for me. I know I already referenced how much of a big deal this was for me in my previous post, but now I'm feeling much more, like I'm going beyond my previous limits into an area of new heights, and that it's all been worth it.

In all honesty, the main reason this one took so long is that I've been having fun playing on the server for once!, Not had so much free-time, though that hasn't stopped me doing Blender stuff while I'm AFK on the server. Hopefully I can keep my upload schedule relatively consistent.

Also check out the original title card I made for this, I chose to replace it with the animated one (Yes, it's animated, if you missed it scroll you must scroll up and appreciate for approximately 5 hours) since this post was mainly about animation I thought an animated title card would fit better.

See you possibly next week!
(If I manage to make anything in that time)

ZWKuWAD.png

impressive-very-nice.gif

TwistedSilicon

Magic Citrus Fruit Man
Nebulae

kC2BUep.png

IS IT REALLY THAT TIME AGAIN?
Yup

kd2ecyI.png

Hopefully I'm posting this after the main relaunch post is announced if not call me a wank. But yeah for the last week or so I've been working alongside the admin team (still not quite used to the fact I have a direct role in server administration) and it has been an absolute boost to my creative energy.

But before we get to anything juicy...
As per post tradition
We gotta go through my less interesting stills

D2M66AX.png

cSlTRDu.png

HQO0wBe.png

Ih1G8oH.png

BkDZsJx.png

H71kcd0.png

gAQElSB.png

I won't go through each and every individual one this time I swear, but I do think you can see how they improved as time went on. My main take from this was get some good fonts because dear lord, by default there's not really any by default that fit something like this. Also learnt you can manually sharpen blurry or pixelated images, so that was pretty helpful.

yT2PxCL.png

eN9PuZV.png

And without further ado some of the more... polished(?) renders.

iXBOiWD.png

Made in the background of a staff-meeting for no purpose. But it does turn out I can still make these with Gmod if shove really does come to shove. Though I think some pre-planning might have helped, the sky doesn't really feel as if it fits colour wise, but it's the only one I could find position of the sun and orientation wise so eh, it doesn't ruin it.

AnotherUnfoldedGoral-size_restricted.gif

Messing around with normals and outlines, came out okay though I'm not sure how I'd feel about putting it around more stuff?, Something I'll have to experiment if I ever want that 'toon' look.

dWoAwH8.png

SarcasticHeavenlyLemming-size_restricted.gif

A continuation of one of my previous renders (namely this one!), that I somehow managed to put some thought into, this time opting to go with the original colour scheme that HL2 used (which consisted of literally opening up the game and standing in front of a very patient cop and can) and manually adjusting everything until it looked about right. Also fun fact the light in this area makes no physical sense as buildings surround the entire area you're in. Where is the sunlight coming from?

I also toned down the camera shake to more acceptable levels, even if it is less noticeable as a result.

D82wywQ.png

More having to fuck around with maps until they play nice. You can spot a couple of broken textures here. But the main thing that makes this look ugly is the de-noising used, which while makes it look clean, smudges the edges and gives it a warped appearance and to be honest I'd rather just have it look like some low-budget found footage movie than a bad trip.

cG9d7NW.jpg

cf6CUV9.png

Hmmhmhm box goes yeet

Yet again more practise on importing and using maps, though with even more problems considering the fact this map seems to use a lot of content not just strictly within Half life 2 and it's episodes, which is a problem considering I can't pull materials and models from multiple sources. But I can at least load certain areas of the map without it breaking completely. I'll need to find a work around if I can. But otherwise this is just a fun practise in rigid body simulations.

This is the one that has been eating into most of my time, namely because sculpting is such an experience and repetition based. But it's a start at least, though I can already tell I've got a loooonnnggg way to go before I've got anything that I'd be happy publishing to any official file sharing sites.

My current goals are just to get in practise and figure out how to interface from blender back to source with hopefully some simple models I can re-upload back to the Gmod workshop.

But until then....

In all honesty I'll probably be busy with keeping the server afloat so hunker down, it'll be a long wait before the next one.

giphy.gif

TwistedSilicon

Magic Citrus Fruit Man
Nebulae

2oLCjaJ.png

Gmod is one hell of a drug.

Gonna be dumping all my work I've done since the last post, with hopefully less walls of text this time.

Yup, I'm somehow not dead.
Though, having to get used to Uni life has not been fun.

Anyways, its been a while huh? and unfortunately I've not got a lot to show you.
But, I've not been completely idle.

Hope you enjoy!

ThirdDeficientFirecrest-size_restricted.gif

I made this tooooo fucking darkkkkkkk.
Other than that it looks cool, used a flat image with a material to pixelate the image and used a list of ascii characters in ascending "volume" to create a gradient.

cR22IYe.png

Just a random gmod render I tested to see if I can still do it, rendered during a staff meeting in the background.

wTwDud0.png

Random header for a google docs I worked on.

tpt8kDK.png

Overview of Terminal map from above. Used it to make the next image.

ZUpDK0u.png

I made this :)

LIYUQkn.png

9Bqk1Vu.png

wywyLgv.png

Ch7ryqS.png

a8P6zfM.png

kW9z6Yq.png

RlhqhF2.png

A ton of possible ENGCORE logos that I made as part of the launch. Some of them better than others for sure.
DisastrousImpureAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

Flat poster I did for the launch, the volumetrics look nice, but overall it lacks any detail to draw your eye to apart from the vague details to the left. There was something on the right but it ended up too far away to do anything with.

ElasticFondChamois-size_restricted.gif

Usage of shaders. Created a cool effect but still needs some fine tuning.

ConstantTestyIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

First animation practise.
Don't ask me what this is supposed to be I have no idea either.

PerfumedBlackChrysomelid-size_restricted.gif

A basic running animation I made from scratch. Also one of the first times I tried to use masks to try and fuck with the aspect ratio.

HonoredFreshEstuarinecrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Upon reflecting on my previous animation, I realised that I may... need to go back to basics on this kinda stuff. So, tried just a basic squish-squeeze of a ball falling... And yeah, I need like an official course or more practise because my basics need some polish.

iQw3z5M.jpg

A layout of a poster I planned to make, but again- my animation skills aren't quite where I'd like them to be. Not to mention the fact I've been trying to learn too many things at once for me to focus on anything in particular. I'll talk on this later.
PGZeFgB.png

Yet again- more of the previous post's comments.

Fluid sim!
Fluid SEEM!
Yeah, I needed a break from animation.
It's been a real tough time just jumping into it.
In the future you'll probably see a lot more basic stuff, as I mentioned previously I don't have the basics down.

ANWAYS
until then it's probably just gonna be importing animations from Mixamo

Quick diclaimer: I didn't make any of the cop models or animate this last post. Credit goes to their respective authors.

Bepic Victory Rolaye.
I am loosing my mind.
giphy.gif