Pending Uh oh guys

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
Heads up - highways in my city (Ankara, the capital) are completely blocked off. You can't go anywhere around the city. All government workers are forced to work - no holidays, all workers who have positions outside Turkey are now forbidden to go. Shit is still going down - the news is making it seem like the coup is over, but three cities in Turkey got their electricity cut off completely and one of those got taken over by the military completely - all entrance and exits were blocked to Hakkari by the military forces.

Reactions: List

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Heads up - highways in my city (Ankara, the capital) are completely blocked off. You can't go anywhere around the city. All government workers are forced to work - no holidays, all workers who have positions outside Turkey are now forbidden to go. Shit is still going down - the news is making it seem like the coup is over, but three cities in Turkey got their electricity cut off completely and one of those got taken over by the military completely - all entrance and exits were blocked to Hakkari by the military forces.
No brakes on the coup train it seems

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
Every news station

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
the Reichstag fire Turkish Coup was the work of communists the Americans, my friends
if we give our leader emergency powers to deal with the situation then surely things will get better and he'll relinquish them after the crisis is over???

RIGHT???

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
the Reichstag fire Turkish Coup was the work of communists the Americans, my friends
if we give our leader emergency powers to deal with the situation then surely things will get better and he'll relinquish them after the crisis is over???

RIGHT???
I mean there's talks of Turkey being kicked from NATO because of the situation, although I'm not entirely sure.

Maybe getting caught was part of his plan...

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
No brakes on the coup train it seems
Yep. And now there's loads of movement in the armored regiment bases in Ankara. The government cut off electricity and water to houses reserved for the armed forces, where people's families stay, and they're slowly making the fire rise. Even military regiments who didn't take part in the coup are being harassed - and a commander said something like

"You seem to think you can stop us by standing in front of our base. If we wanted to, we could get out anyway we want. Walk away and stop harassing the already disturbed psychology of the military."

The Turkish CIA director is missing. No one knows where he is.

Hanuko

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i still dont understand what caused the coup in the first place

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
It's weird how someone like that can just vanish without seemingly a trace.

Curious about his whereabouts, now.
his flight plan listed him, his men and erdogan but only one pro-coup general
first one to talk gets to stay on his aircraft

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
i still dont understand what caused the coup in the first place
Either the president of turkey staged it to ensure his position + allow him to be even more of a dicator than he already is.

Or it was caused by the secular military wanting to get rid of him, and replace him.

PEGG LEGG

Electron
Nebulae
I haven't been paying attention to this, but i'm wondering is this a 'good guy vs bad guy' scenario? Or is this just shit getting real?

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
I haven't been paying attention to this, but i'm wondering is this a 'good guy vs bad guy' scenario? Or is this just shit getting real?
pegg come on bro ur not 13
the world doesnt have good guys and bad guys, one side is a military (possibly foreign back by usa or russ) coup, the other is a hardline islamist president who was democratically elected

Nebulae

I'm back in Istanbul after drowning my phone on a vacation on coup day, and I don't know what you're talking about. Can't think of any other city the government would care about other than Istanbul and Ankara though.

Brandon_

Now in a relationship with Sectus
Nebulae
pegg come on bro ur not 13
the world doesnt have good guys and bad guys, one side is a military (possibly foreign back by usa or russ) coup, the other is a hardline islamist president who was democratically elected
Hah say that to the russians. RUSSIA IS STONK BACKBONE OF CRIPPLED WORLD.