Unable To Join Server

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
Just started playing on this server and it was going well. Had some trouble getting the addons to download but I fixed that.

Now I can't even join the server without it crashing to the desktop. Idk the issue but my GMOD has been randomly crashing to the desktop recently.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Just started playing on this server and it was going well. Had some trouble getting the addons to download but I fixed that.

Now I can't even join the server without it crashing to the desktop. Idk the issue but my GMOD has been randomly crashing to the desktop recently.

Hello @EOS,

I've had this issue before myself. I'm going to recommend you toss an autoexec I made into your game, it contains a variety of cvars that I found fix common issues I've had in the past, this included. If this doesn't work, let me know and we'll work on fixing it as soon as possible.

Copy & paste the code on the autoexec thread into your autoexec.cfg in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg

Also, do you have any launch options?

Reactions: List

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'll put that in and see how it goes. This is the only thing in my launch options.

+mat_dxlevel 95

Idk why it's there and I don't remember what it's for..

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
I'll put that in and see how it goes. This is the only thing in my launch options.

+mat_dxlevel 95

Idk why it's there and I don't remember what it's for..

That's in the autoexec. Stopped a lot of people from crashing.

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
Tried opening up the file but the app I used said it kept failing to open it. Used my normal notepad and just pasted the code in. I'm gonna' see if I can log in now.
[doublepost=1498076248][/doublepost]Nope.. Game still crashed when i tried loading in.

It always crashed when it says Workshop Complete. Does that have to do with anything?

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Tried opening up the file but the app I used said it kept failing to open it. Used my normal notepad and just pasted the code in. I'm gonna' see if I can log in now.
[doublepost=1498076248][/doublepost]Nope.. Game still crashed when i tried loading in.

It always crashed when it says Workshop Complete. Does that have to do with anything?

Yeah, you have too many add-ons or they aren't done downloading. Give Steam a restart, load the game up, wait for the workshop UI to go away and then try.

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
I thought that was the issue before. I already deleted all my addons and cleared the addons folder. Got like 40GB worth of space back but i'm still crashing.

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
Yeah somethings up with my game. Guess I can't play nebulous anymore :c

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Yeah somethings up with my game. Guess I can't play nebulous anymore :c

Alright, try deleting the Garry's Mod folder and then uninstalling, re-install it. Once you do that lemme know and I'll run you through the next steps.

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
Will that get rid of my addons on everything?

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
Games installing now. Thanks for the help so far.
[doublepost=1498101281][/doublepost]Game just installed. It's downloading it's addons now at the starting screen.

EOS

Neutrino
Nebulae
Update: It worked! Thanks a lot! Not only can I connect to the server but it fixed a lot of other issues with my gmod. Now I can actually alt-tab.

Thanks for taking your time and helping me. See you on the server sometime!

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
Update: It worked! Thanks a lot! Not only can I connect to the server but it fixed a lot of other issues with my gmod. Now I can actually alt-tab.

Thanks for taking your time and helping me. See you on the server sometime!

No problem man, let me know if you run into anymore trouble.