Unreal Fan Project

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
0dUNf68.gif

So even though I don't play here anymore, this is still the community I'm most involved and have the most friends in, and showing off what I've been working on helps me stay motivated. Essentially this was a project inspired by a youtuber called Sbel who created maps using assets taken from the LiS game. Being able to work with a game that I've been obsessing about for a while now (In case that wasn't painfully obvious)

It's essentially just a rudimentary multiplayer created in Unreal Engine 4 relying largely on the built-in subsystem for multiplayer & the steam plugin (Using a Developer ID since I've got no intentions of ever publishing this; considering legal shenanigans.)

The main menu, while it works; Isn't very pretty and is something I'm working on. Text-shadowing is weird and the background is an actual level rather than video (Which makes the initial loading time pretty damn slow)
ZNXGHGk.png

Yesterday I added idle animations because it seemed like something I should have.

b9e4iWb.png

Still working on polishing ingame menus that are pretty bare-bones at the moment. I've yet to dabble in anything like graphics options.

Z9wU1lC.png

Rudimentary character select that ensures that there is no duplicates of characters.

8jFxpbm.png

Basic chat / emote system. Whisper and yelling is also available but right now I haven't added any 'range' to them. Not entirely sure how I'll make it. There's a basic animation system in place so you can sit & dance.

There's also a facial animation system; since I thought it'd be interesting to be able to select what expression your character has when roleplaying. Bound to the keys; 1 - Happy 2 - Stressed 3 - Sad 4 - Angry.

t99cou1.png

The entirety of the Blackwell campus has taken me roughly 2-weeks of daily work spread over the span of 3 weeks. Every model seen had to be manually exported, textured and placed. 850~ In total.

89EAZjk.png

Chloe's Room, one of the main and most detailed locations in the game. 750~ Objects here, including beer bottles, clothes, papers.. So on.

kz6ck7N.png

But why you might ask? Because I've always wanted to work with games and working with objects from a game I love makes it easier to endure the slow learning process. I've worked with unreal for about a month and a half now. Everything is done through blueprint.

Importing and conversion of game files done via 3DS Max & scripts provided on the LiS reddit.

Reactions: List