Video game glitches scare me.

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
Uncharted 1 spoiler alert, also KINDA STORY TIME... okay, lets get to it.

I dont know why, but i have this HUGE fear from game glitches. But the type i fear from is not your classic stuff like broken mechanics, or weird sounds, or the ai, models and such losing it. My fear is related much rather to what i see in the environment. Things like the void, VERY delayed texture and map pop-in, stuff related to the unknown in a way.

I think i got this fear when i played Uncharted for the first time when i was around 10 years old (man, my parents did NOT care what stuff they bought me). Anyways, here i was, just getting past the submarine part, where Sully gets shot and i have to escape with Elena. And so here i am, messing around the entrance of the temple (since i didnt wanna fight) just jumping and such, but it was around this time i noticed Elena was gone shooting dudes. So im saying to myself that she would come back, but she didnt. And it was exactly around this moment that shit broke down.

So before i go on, i would like to point out something. In Uncharted, when you get far enough in a certain level, you would normally be blocked from going back the way you came in. The reason for that is to, believe it or not, to remove said parts from the level, so that the game can be optimized. But of course, ya boy here learned this the hard way.

And so here i was, deciding to finally enter the temple, BUT i notice something very interesting! The entrance is blocked off by a lot of rocks, like as if the entrance caved in, and like, the thing pops out the moment i approach it! And it was at this moment, where young me decided to turn the camera around and see NOTHING! No ground, no trees, no rocks to jump onto and from! The only thing i stayed on was this little rock like area around the temple entrance. And you need to understand something, when i saw this, what i saw hit me like a train. I was scared to the bone, because young me was like "What is that!?!? I dont get it!!1111" And when i got closer, i decided to look down. That was followed from me seeing a nicely warm colored... uh "scenery" you could say, into a PITCH. BLACK. HOLE. OF DEATH! And this was when young me just lost it. I turned off my ps3 THE MOMENT I SAW THIS. And i hugged my favorite toy doll ;(

This fear still follows me to this day... well okay, its not AS STRONG like before, but it still sends some shivers down my spine from time to time.

So, do you have any fears related to this?

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae
So, do you have any fears related to this?
Dark levels.
Fuck. That.
I think my first encounter with a truthfully scary level was wayyy back in lara croft a temple level in peru where there was this spooky ass shadow monster.
I never played again the game afterwards.
That was roughly 9-10 years ago.

Afterwards it were merely encounters in RPGs and other games
Notable games i played that fucking spooked me
Limbo, and a old old forgotten gem named blue dragon.
Now more recently in a fucking dark ass maze where i just got facemelted by moving walls was hyper light drifter.

Last edited:
Reactions: List