VikingWolf's Forgotten Map Project

VikingWolf

Neutrino
Nebulae
So a few years ago I had plans to make a map for a sever I used to play on. Trouble is exams etc came around and I never started creating the map (had only finished a first draft of the design of the map) and then I lost contact with the community I played with - there was a massive disagreement amongst many of the staff and the owner, I got caught in the middle. So I moved onto a different server after my exams, completely forgetting this plan I had made, funny what a brain full of useless knowledge for one exam does to you, and eventually I stopped playing HL2RP and GMod altogether. A few years pass, I occasionally played GMod for TTT or to piss about in single player. I end up helping start a TTT server by making them a map - it wasn't a great map but it was unique and theirs, serving its purpose. I was enjoying my time there but things became stale - I was expected to make another map only a day after 'finishing' the first one (It was a first release, needed touching up and a few things altered/fixed). So whilst planning the next map I was also working on fixing and altering the first map. Then boom, summer holidays are over, back to college - school ruining my life yet again :sob:. They got annoyed as I didn't have the time to do what they wanted (e.g. making another map, bug fixes/graphic changes to the other one and help moderate the server). So I took the easy way out and quit. I looked at it rather selfishly and thought "I'm doing this to be helpful, I'm not getting commission or anything from this." Again I stop playing GMod. Later (e.g. a few days ago) I stumble across Nebulous HL2RP. I say to myself "Screw it. You just played EotE, play this." So I go on, make a character - not one I am worried about getting PK'd or anything, just to see what the server is like - and I have a blast. Actually come to think of it that part is pretty irrelevant, and so was that statement...

Anyhow I was going through my external hard drive this morning and discover an excel document for a map. I assumed it was one for the TTT server, but my better tuition says "Open it and check, don't just delete it." So I do. Lo and behold it was the plan for the HL2RP server map. That is really where the story ends. I have two weeks away from college so I thought I would start making it, getting back into map making. I will attach a link to the design, now uploaded to Google Drive, so if you want to leave feedback or suggestions feel free. I design isn't complete, by a long stretch, as I only started on the street level.

LINK REMOVED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

Note: The design isn't to scale or anything. The only reason the 'Train Station' has dimensions is that was the specific size they wanted it

TL;DR - Used to make maps. Found an old design for HL2RP map, want to actually make it. Open to suggestions.

Thanks,
VikingWolf

Last edited:

Hosterss

Electron
Nebulae
Im guessing these stores would be pointing out towards the plaza/marketplace?
9720ff5f325fe64846ead5e88313133f.png

Reactions: List