Warhammer 40,000 - Deathwatch (ForumRP)

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae

They shall be my finest warriors,
these men who give themselves to me.
Like clay I shall mould them,
and in the furnace of war forge them.
They will be of iron will and steely muscle.
In great armour shall I clad them,
and with the mightiest guns will they be armed.
They will be untouched by plague or disease,
no sickness will blight them.
They will have tactics, strategies and machines
so that no foe can best them in battle.

They are my bulwark against the Terror.
They are the Defenders of Humanity.
They are my Space Marines -
and they shall know no fear.

--The God-Emperor of Mankind--

Vahk5iq.jpg

The Deathwatch, an elite brotherhood of Space Marines drawn from numerous chapters due to their exemplary knowledge and skill in crushing xeno threats. These Adeptus Astartes are the elite of the elite. Just as the Adeptus Astartes are recruited only from the most promising warriors of all Mankind, the Chapter is formed from only the most talented and lethal of proven battle-brothers. This makes it a force truly like no other. When battle erupts they go about their missions with such acuity and efficiency that even the master strategists of other Chapters take note.

n2FgKU1.png

The Deathwatch ForumRP will entirely be played in DMs, will be heavily combat-RP focused. The majority of the time you will be fighting things, which means I expect all players to have a decent knowledge of the capabilities of their characters, try not to powergame (I know you're Space Marines, but even they have their limits.) There will be at least 3-5 players forming a Deathwatch kill-team.

Your goal will be to purge xeno threats present in Karvala B.22, in the Karvala Sub-Sector. You will encounter numerous xeno forces with varying strengths, abilities and powers and you must work as a team to defeat said threats while also carrying out various objectives. There is perma-death, if you overextend yourself during combat and die, your character will die permanently. Do not worry though, character perma-deaths will be very rare and only occur if you've severely fucked up.

Many combat mechanics will be drawn directly from the Warhammer 40,000 tabletop, do not fret though - you will not have to read through hundreds of pages of rules to play this ForumRP. The only reason these game-y mechanics will be in place is to add to the RPG aspect of the game. As you advance through Karvala B.22, your character will learn traits, become even better at combat and perhaps even discover powerful and rare relics. All this will gradually make your Space Marine character advance and become more powerful.

The core roleplay part of it will not play out as your traditional Roll20 DnD, but rather as a turn-based Forum Roleplay where each character goes through their respective actions and reacts accordingly to eachother, due to no one player being against eachother (that would be heresy) the turn-order is not set in stone and can change based on players avaliability, allowing you to always reply and roleplay regardless of others or your own avaliability. As such, your roleplay should be detailed and well-structured and contain a lot of WORDS/content. Preferably no one-sentence replies but rather a paragraph or two describing everything from your characters actions, thoughts, movement, speech, etc. The idea is to create a narrative story around a Deathwatch Kill Team.

If you're interested, please hit me up with a DM!

If you've got an idea for a Deathwatch character, you're welcome to send your own character sheet with his various traits, his chapter of origin before Deathwatch, aswell as any other information (Such as if he is an Assault Marine, Tactical Marine, Psyker, Devestator, etc etc). Simply DM me and I'll have a look!

If you don't know quite where to start, I have a lot of content containing various gear, chapter information, Deathwatch lore, and much more that can help you in creating your character.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
ur late i already did this on roll20
:CLAP:
@TheSandiestcomet
This isn't on Roll20 though, instead something similar to Exodus rather than being a pure RPG like DnD.

I believe I did something like this way back in Lemonpunch but obviously back then everyone in it were really poor at roleplay and I had very little actual lore and literature knowledge about 40k.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
This isn't on Roll20 though, instead something similar to Exodus rather than being a pure RPG like DnD.

I believe I did something like this way back in Lemonpunch but obviously back then everyone in it were really poor at roleplay and I had very little actual lore and literature knowledge about 40k.

it's better to rp on discord than on a forum

Reactions: List

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
After being asked, I have made a Character Sheet for anyone who would like to use one, just hit me up with a DM = )