Warhammer 40K Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 4795
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4795

For in the grimdark future, there is only war.

Marines-vs-Tyranids.jpg

What games do you play?

Do you play tabletop?

Favorite Faction?

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I used to be pretty big in the 40k community.

Then I found out the guys who ran tts and the alfa legion were assholes when I joined the alfa legion and met the voice actors over ts.

Ultimate apocalypse is a good mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 118

I only play the Fantasy related games and 40K doesn't interest me too much, but the Necrons have the coolest vibe / backstory to me

Shame about the end times

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i just finished a 2.5 hour long DoW match

jesus fucking christ i hate tyranids

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I got DoW Dark Crusade the other day and completely forgot how long the matches can be.

normally they're not meant to be that long but when the match is basically just the one tyranid AI spamming nukes on you (said nukes auto-destroy bases since they spawn entities on them) and i have to keep relocating and re-tiering up

god it took ages to win

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
What games do you play?
Used to play Eternal Crusade ages ago, but that game went sour and is on its last legs. I've also played Space Marine and Dawn of War 1 + expansions, but nowadays only in the rare cases discord buddies wanna huddle up for a session. Tried to enjoy Deathwing, graphics are gorgeous but the genestealer spam is a little absurd.
Do you play tabletop?
I don't, but I can appreciate good models (and laff at those who didn't t h i n t h e i r p a i n t s
Favorite Faction?
This is a tough one, as I do genuinely like all factions - they each have their own, interesting and appealing qualities.
Still, if I had to list some - in no particular order:
  • Farsight Enclaves. A rebel off-shoot of the Tau Emprie, led by a Tau who can't die of old age after slurping up lifeforce from countless Orks and Daemons by slicing them with a battlesuit-sized sword. The rest of The Eight are also pretty interesting. Wish the place itself got more lore, it'd be interesting to see how life works there with no Caste system in place. Also, do we even know if they have other species living with them?
  • Dark Angels. The secrecy, knight aesthetic (and love for plasma weapons), Lion's origins, it all feels so grand and balanced-out by the humbleness of the Chapter.
  • Tau Empire. An interesting addition to the galaxy, a little naive faction that has a policy that stands out quite a lot compared from the old-timers. Plus, the battlesuits look cool. Wish the auxiliary species would get more love tho, named characters and notable events would flesh things out nicely.