We need more people running Nebulous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The fact is, BQ puts himself under a lot of stress just by trying to do best by everyone and a lot of the time those same people bite him on the nipples for it.

What @Roman Loaded said really fuck me man you ninja.

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
No, nothing is innately wrong enough to call for a second server director yet. Blackquill is doing his work perfectly, and we trust him to come to us if he starts having trouble handling the work himself.

Also to note, it's not up to the community to make that call either; It's something we would discuss privately if we felt it was needed.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
quill puts in a fucktonne of work already to make sure that this server actually remains even partially functional

you can easily circumvent the extreme workload by having more people deal with the work, having it spread out across a group.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
don't use threads to try to create new leaders

history has shown that this is innately a bad idea, from the beginning of time itself

Nebulae
you can easily circumvent the extreme workload by having more people deal with the work, having it spread out across a group.

no because that's what SAs are for already, having one guy pass everything unironically works better than two SDs regardless, cause there's always disparity and you have bullshit situations where most players ask mom instead of dad when shit doesn't go their way.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Again the issue is;

You pick a poor SD? You've fucked yourself and the server. You pick a poor staff member? The community fucks you for it.

Quill puts a lot of thought into this shit. Daily, even.
[doublepost=1522449935][/doublepost]
You see where I get this toxicity from? Calling my opinion shit. And that's not a form of insult?
See no - he was saying 'shit like this' as in 'stuff like this'.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Again the issue is;

You pick a poor SD? You've fucked yourself and the server. You pick a poor staff member? The community fucks you for it.

Quill puts a lot of thought into this shit. Daily, even.
[doublepost=1522449935][/doublepost]
See no - he was saying 'shit like this' as in 'stuff like this'.

shit and stuff are two very different words with their own motive and opinions behind them. I'm pretty sure he meant it in an insultive manner.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Time here and how much they roleplay doesn't equate to a good SD, sorry dude, but the decision has to come from BQ and Alex and the person has to be sound of character.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
We don't do that "I'm offended" thing here, sorry.

I get that. I do. But considering it may help with the toxicity. Taking immediate action never helps, but atleast looking it over and thinking about how it may impact someone could make a difference.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
He is right, and @Blackquill is in luck, my summer is looking relatively open and free.

On a serious note, this server is actually at my preferred level of moderation/censorship. As someone who once had access to deleted posts, I can see the difficult task of ensuring that Simpson's hentai of Bart being sucked off by Lisa do not stay up for long, and flame wars are removed when they get out of hand.

Dallas is the hero we need but don't deserve.
Elizabeth is cutie, definite SD potential.
Twar is too busy sleeping with women after his bar shifts.
Knight is dangerous...

I rather stick with proper AI.

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I get that. I do. But considering it may help with the toxicity. Taking immediate action never helps, but atleast looking it over and thinking about how it may impact someone could make a difference.

I'm not going to warn or ban someone for calling a type of thread "shit". Your thread directly targets Blackquill, why should you be immune to the same?

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
You're more than welcome to make a stellar staff app and be part of that by rising to SA and trying to take on roles as is anyone else.

I'd apply, but I feel that my impressions I've made on the forums already would prove to be my major downfall in applying. People don't see me as being a good authoritative figure. I'm quite certain that a lot of staff (to which I have no issues with at all) would prefer me not being staff due to my behaviour and unprofessional attitude. If no-one has any problems with me applying for operator, I'd gladly do it, but for now I think the negative opinion of me throughout the forums and community would lead to my application denied.
[doublepost=1522450341][/doublepost]
I'm not going to warn or ban someone for calling a type of thread "shit". Your thread directly targets Blackquill, why should you be immune to the same?

I see. No one should be immune, but I do get your point.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'd apply, but I feel that my impressions I've made on the forums already would prove to be my major downfall in applying. People don't see me as being a good authoritative figure. I'm quite certain that a lot of staff (to which I have no issues with at all) would prefer me not being staff due to my behaviour and unprofessional attitude. If no-one has any problems with me applying for operator, I'd gladly do it, but for now I think the negative opinion of me throughout the forums and community would lead to my application denied.
[doublepost=1522450341][/doublepost]

I see. No one should be immune, but I do get your point.
I got into staff as a rank-nobody honestly.

Or hell look at @Powley who, when I was SD, didn't have the best reputation. Anyone can be staff if they're willing to put the effort in.

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Maybe work on those 2 things before criticising BQ then?

I'm not criticising BQ. I don't understand why people think I'm criticising him. I think he does an amazing job, and puts a lot of effort into what he does. I just think that it would be a lot more mentally healthy for him to not have such a high workload. I care for him, and I know he's done a massive amount for nebulous, but I think the stress from being a lone SD could be taking a toll on his mental health.

I got into staff as a rank-nobody honestly.

Or hell look at @Powley who, when I was SD, didn't have the best reputation. Anyone can be staff if they're willing to put the effort in.

Huh. I guess I might have a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.