wew uk politics, not gonna regret this one

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Spicy meme.

But as it stands, it seems like most of the people who are registered into the Labour Party support Corbyn, whereas actual MPs are leaning towards Blair's line of thinking. In the current system, it's likely Labour won't be able to continue as easily as they did before without becoming Conservatives, but with the colour red.

But then again, all the Blairites are leaving so, crisis averted?
It seems like he has a lot of member support yeah, I've not been following it that much but he won the leadership by a higher margin than last time so, I guess that shows people have a lot of faith in the guy. Labour members at least.

The blairites will probably start their own thing.

Reactions: List

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
The NHS is performing poorly due to multiple budget cuts made by the Conservative Party (With Jeremy Hunt being the health secretary). If that didn't happen, it'd be performing rather well right now, which considering the circumstances, it already is. Whereas health insurance only really works for people who are already wealthy enough to afford it, it simply isn't viable.

not just cuts, but also that the budget isn't being expanded along with inflation and rising demand, right? doesn't seem sustainable to just keep throwing money at it. not beneficial to have a budget deficit, although not disastrous either. health insurance isn't usually too costly, especially when employers can help out. burdening others with the cost of your medical service, especially when you're voluntarily putting yourself at risk of harm or disease, is quite unethical in my point of view.

i think the issue with corbyn is that i'd say he doesn't really appeal to people who aren't usually labour voters. more of an issue now with competition like SNP, greens and UKIP although apart from scotland they've still got their strongholds. guess we'll see in the next GE if he's got the party more support from the people

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
3c2db76d93.jpg

They tried to warn us

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
not just cuts, but also that the budget isn't being expanded along with inflation and rising demand, right? doesn't seem sustainable to just keep throwing money at it. not beneficial to have a budget deficit, although not disastrous either. health insurance isn't usually too costly, especially when employers can help out. burdening others with the cost of your medical service, especially when you're voluntarily putting yourself at risk of harm or disease, is quite unethical in my point of view.

i think the issue with corbyn is that i'd say he doesn't really appeal to people who aren't usually labour voters. more of an issue now with competition like SNP, greens and UKIP although apart from scotland they've still got their strongholds. guess we'll see in the next GE if he's got the party more support from the people

In all honesty, the Scottish Nationalist Party have been losing support ever since the independence referendum. As for UKIP, they have pretty much no reason to be a thing anymore, considering Britain voted to leave the EU, not even sure if people go around saying they even remotely like the Greens anymore, they're still a joke.

But as for the insurance argument. America is currently in a mess with it's progressively neo-liberal policies (Progressing towards neo-liberalism, neo-liberalism isn't a progressive ideology), having people pay upwards of thousands of dollars for giving birth. It's gotten to the point people are fleeing to Canada. Our national health service isn't even all too bad, still the second best in Europe despite the cuts (Afaik, Spain is first, with France being third or something along those lines).

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
In all honesty, the Scottish Nationalist Party have been losing support ever since the independence referendum. As for UKIP, they have pretty much no reason to be a thing anymore, considering Britain voted to leave the EU, not even sure if people go around saying they even remotely like the Greens anymore, they're still a joke.
UKIP basically doubles as an anti-immigration/nationalist party now, at this point. Like BNP but less you know - racist.

Not that all of UKIP is innocent though but, at least the media acknowledges UKIP exist, unlike the greens/BNP.

Saggy

Electron
Nebulae
The blairites will probably start their own thing.
Last time they (the right of labour) did that they ended up just being the Lib Dems

As long as there is the Murdoch empire, people like Corbyn don't stand a chance. We don't have the strong alternative news in the UK, closest thing I know is, well...

10428284_10152262762738177_328201349822516200_o.jpg