What kind of environments would you want to explore in this iteration?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Very much a personal curiosity for me.

Rather than listing out specific maps as places I would find interesting to go to in future, I'm curious about the type of environments regardless of if there is a usable map for them. Old lore locations, cities, variations of the outlands, and so forth, is there anything you would be keen to explore?

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The America's infested with Xenian wildlife, crazy shit we've never seen before

Xen. Maybe for a closed event
Middle East

Jake

Proton
Nebulae
The Antarctic, I wonder what new life forms we might find there or how the combine took use of the continent...

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
A war-torn countryside, empty shell casings and large craters from artillery barrages everywhere. Balance it between forest and open fields and add lots of destroyed military equipment to decorate the map

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Greenland/Antarctica

I want my goddamn arctic camo combine

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
densely packed forest and marsh, sunken concrete structures, bunkers and water ways - decayed society reclaimed by nature with sparse cottages and dirt roads

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The grimy industrial sector of a major city, where subjugated citizens attempt to live their lives under the boot of the Combine, while the resistance strives to fight them from the city's underground.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The grimy industrial sector of a major city, where subjugated citizens attempt to live their lives under the boot of the Combine, while the resistance strives to fight them from the city's underground.
Hey, I've seen this one before!

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Jokes aside, I'd probably want to play somewhere like ravenholm but BIG. Like an actual city completely overrun with headcrab zombies. Major horror elements. Both the combine and the resistance are on the defensive from them kinda deal. I think it'd be really cool.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Your mums house

Real talk; Brazil, I want to go to Brazil

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
desert setting similar to rp_dust - cant remember if this was used before on neb or whether it was even a good map i just thought it was neat, it would fuck over my character concept anyway

also a setting thats like an overgrown pre-occupation city/town that was never deemed useful by combine or resistance until now would be cool (yes ive been thinking about tlou recently), or just something overgrown in general like rp_metrodawn

Last edited:

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
low visibility dense forest/swamp for peak misery, suffering and tense close quarter fighting

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
Kinda tired of open field long range combat. A map composed entirely of a giant bunker/sewers/labirynth full of eldritch Combine machinery and other horrors would be pretty cool I think

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
please post map suggestions.

Id love to visit the ruins of city seventeenth
i did an event of this last iteration (and i dont mean the server opening event), was pretty cool
not sure it'd work long term though realistically

low visibility dense forest/swamp for peak misery, suffering and tense close quarter fighting
god yes

unironically a dense russian forest with some abandoned structures and houses dotted around would be awesome