B A N N E D
Nebulae

Havok

Quark
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Slippery slope fallacy from way back in 2018 completed

“if you remove x eventually y will be the result”

If you ask me; cityRp was fine and still is the “future” for hl2rp even if that future could be short due to the factor that gmod is not a popular game anymore like it was in 2016 although even then it was a hardcore tight knit group of players that played the server and that had been true for many years to come.

You may have heard me say it a lot during the many years we have been togheter; but when helix started and a lot of things were screwed back, ie; black market dealers, established loyalist systems, CWU faction changes and many many cop oriented changes among other things. Everything got so diluted and nuanced that the appeal to play citizen or any of the citizen factions just diminished since the people who were catered to pushed these changes under the guise of “spicing things up” and “fun” .it felt meaningless.

Well it brought you here; and now that those people are gone, the ones still around; surprisingly many of the people I know who back in the day argued against such changes over the course of the many years they were implemented now helm the direction of the server. Ironic to say the least.

And now I see all of you who are responsible crawl out of the woodwork to criticize the effort being put in to steer it into somewhat an enjoyable direction or atleast attempt.

I’d like to say I told you so but you know, I’m just the crazy necklace guy you were told to stay away from. Go ahead and throw some ad hominem my way.

YvRqXkG.gif

Reactions: List

rob

Nebulae
I'm surprised this hasn't been asked yet, but is the HL2RP² subforum going to be archived? with this being a new iteration and all...

I'm assuming hopefully not because some info threads have already been posted here

rob

Nebulae
Well it brought you here; and now that those people are gone, the ones still around; surprisingly many of the people I know who back in the day argued against such changes over the course of the many years they were implemented now helm the direction of the server. Ironic to say the least.
I'm still interested to check this out considering it's being spearheaded by an almost entirely different team compared to the one we had in 2023

that, and I still have a spark for HL2RP in me, which sucks when the only place to seek enjoyment from it is (currently) dead

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
I think the majority of issues with player count is formed by two things. One: Age. We aren’t middle and high schoolers avoiding actual social interaction by playing Garry’s mod anymore. A lot of us are adults with actual responsibilities and problems now. While the average age increasing has done wonders in terms of storytelling and exploring themes, it also means a lot of us are tired, and only have so much time to play not just Garry’s mod, but any game at all (Tarkov gang rise up) and as such, we have to choose what games to spend that little time with, and it’s not Gmod most of the time.

Two: Gmod is old, and is now largely out of the public consciousness. The days of people messing around on Gmod making the front page of YouTube is long gone. When one person decides to leave Gmod as a whole, that’s one less player, with nobody else coming to fill that spot. And with nobody coming to fill that spot, nebulous sure ain’t being discovered either.

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think the majority of issues with player count is formed by two things. One: Age. We aren’t middle and high schoolers avoiding actual social interaction by playing Garry’s mod anymore. A lot of us are adults with actual responsibilities and problems now. While the average age increasing has done wonders in terms of storytelling and exploring themes, it also means a lot of us are tired, and only have so much time to play not just Garry’s mod, but any game at all (Tarkov gang rise up) and as such, we have to choose what games to spend that little time with, and it’s not Gmod most of the time.

Two: Gmod is old, and is now largely out of the public consciousness. The days of people messing around on Gmod making the front page of YouTube is long gone. When one person decides to leave Gmod as a whole, that’s one less player, with nobody else coming to fill that spot. And with nobody coming to fill that spot, nebulous sure ain’t being discovered either.

There are still people playing Garry's Mod, but entirely new players are rare, and "server exploring" has massively decreased. People find one good server they like, and stick with it. We'll get a few newbies here and there as this is what happened during the last iteration to surprising effect, so I'm optimistic regardless.

but imagining an arma iteration would be funny as fuck

Toriwarior30055

I am Santa Claus
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
Nebulae
Slippery slope fallacy from way back in 2018 completed

“if you remove x eventually y will be the result”

If you ask me; cityRp was fine and still is the “future” for hl2rp even if that future could be short due to the factor that gmod is not a popular game anymore like it was in 2016 although even then it was a hardcore tight knit group of players that played the server and that had been true for many years to come.

You may have heard me say it a lot during the many years we have been togheter; but when helix started and a lot of things were screwed back, ie; black market dealers, established loyalist systems, CWU faction changes and many many cop oriented changes among other things. Everything got so diluted and nuanced that the appeal to play citizen or any of the citizen factions just diminished since the people who were catered to pushed these changes under the guise of “spicing things up” and “fun” .it felt meaningless.

And now I see all of you who are responsible crawl out of the woodwork to criticize the effort being put in to steer it into somewhat an enjoyable direction or atleast attempt.

I’d like to say I told you so but you know, I’m just the crazy necklace guy you were told to stay away from. Go ahead and throw some ad hominem my way.

YvRqXkG.gif
You wear necklace?? u girl??? haha!!

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
I've always bashed on any new attempts at HL2RP by Neb so I'm not going to say anything but I just wanna know what drives you guys to keep on trying to revive this genre? For the people who have stuck around to playing it after all these years, what is it that keeps you at it?

Mike65536

The Motha' Fuckin' Newports.
Nebulae
I've always bashed on any new attempts at HL2RP by Neb so I'm not going to say anything but I just wanna know what drives you guys to keep on trying to revive this genre? For the people who have stuck around to playing it after all these years, what is it that keeps you at it?
*Plays tarkov*
*Sees scav*
*Scav has le shotgun and head-eyes me from 200 yards away*
*Sigh*
*Boots up Garry's mod*

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

For me, I love roleplay and I could never find anything like HL2RP. It's sorta unwinding? at barely any cost but time. While the setting itself is interesting, I couldn't even find anything close to what we do here. It's a neverending cycle of "shit I miss doing this" and getting back here lol

and besides, the community is awesome so I'm still excited when I see some people post their ideas and projects here

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
ok hollon let me not be a dumbass for a sec

what i genuinely advise is that u guys downgrade the operation to the size of the playerbase ur actually working with. idk how much that is, but let's say it's 20-30; 20-30 aint enough for a full-scale city rp setting, not in my opinion. so find a way to downscale it.

smaller city maybe? smaller map in general? smaller story? i dont know what 'downsizing' actually looks like, but still

if u guys got a dedicated few, then cater to the dedicated few and do what's fun. just dont run the damn thing like ur workin w 100 people

rob

Nebulae
ok hollon let me not be a dumbass for a sec

what i genuinely advise is that u guys downgrade the operation to the size of the playerbase ur actually working with. idk how much that is, but let's say it's 20-30; 20-30 aint enough for a full-scale city rp setting, not in my opinion. so find a way to downscale it.

smaller city maybe? smaller map in general? smaller story? i dont know what 'downsizing' actually looks like, but still

if u guys got a dedicated few, then cater to the dedicated few and do what's fun. just dont run the damn thing like ur workin w 100 people
right now the playerbase is like 5 to 10 people at the most, we'll probably get like 30 when the new iteration launches, who knows how long it'll last for though

i definitely agree with the smaller map though, or at least one laid out in a way that people can bump into eachother easily