What's Next? - HL2RP: Early Days

rob

Nebulae
are you going to find an AK within the first five minutes of launch again like during the Linntrix iteration LOL
E33xqb0.png

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You know, since we have a smaller player base, it's possible with some devwork that we can branch out from HL2RP into other kinds of settings.

Honest to God I think @Subeh 's terminatorRP concept could work in action here
Sorry but we cannot diverge from the cycle.

Reactions: List

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Who would in a fight? Mike Pinello, Renjiro Kobayashi, Harland Roscha, or that Wayne McDonut clone I forgot the name of?
Joseph Keppler wins because he's transhuman, the most op transhuman i managed to get authed

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
@Simman102 i think you should make the civil protection application format longer actually

at the moment you only need a weeks provisions and a native guide to get through the whole thing

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm a veteran of the Civil Protection applications.

I saw hell with my own eyes. I went through and made it out.

You? What have you done?

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I don't really get the arguments about lack of time, people were pretty eager to play current iteration for as long as they did. And people were playing at some frankly stupid times, weekends were prone to graveyard days because raisins meanwhile people would happily play during midnight hours on weekdays.

And I tried my best to keep playing even as playercount began dropping, because the few staff still present crafted situations that I could solve through creative roleplay. Having applied for a tinkerer character near the end of last year, it enabled me to come up with random things to do, even if there weren't many people around.

Even so, at some point it just began feeling... hollow. I have all the respect for the staff that remained, their plotlines involving the void and the leviathan and more were genuinely fascinating. But the combination of loneliness (because barely anybody else was there to roleplay alongside) and performance anxiety (because barely anybody else was there to roleplay alongside) meant I eventually stopped playing. Now I simply wait for the finale, whether it be a sendoff event or just a forum post.

Far be it for me to accurately guess why all this happened, I've never been privy to how staff's been doing regardless of the iteration in question. I merely hope that when HL2RP² shuts down, it will have a dignified end.

I have no greater musings about this upcoming iteration for now. HL2RP² is, to me personally, so much a culmination of a decade-long journey with HL2RP - finally getting from CityRP to earnestly RPing the post-occupation era - that I genuinely struggle picturing the early occupation era as a roleplay setting.

rob

Nebulae
I don't really get the arguments about lack of time, people were pretty eager to play current iteration for as long as they did. And people were playing at some frankly stupid times, weekends were prone to graveyard days because raisins meanwhile people would happily play during midnight hours on weekdays.

And I tried my best to keep playing even as playercount began dropping, because the few staff still present crafted situations that I could solve through creative roleplay. Having applied for a tinkerer character near the end of last year, it enabled me to come up with random things to do, even if there weren't many people around.

Even so, at some point it just began feeling... hollow. I have all the respect for the staff that remained, their plotlines involving the void and the leviathan and more were genuinely fascinating. But the combination of loneliness (because barely anybody else was there to roleplay alongside) and performance anxiety (because barely anybody else was there to roleplay alongside) meant I eventually stopped playing. Now I simply wait for the finale, whether it be a sendoff event or just a forum post.

Far be it for me to accurately guess why all this happened, I've never been privy to how staff's been doing regardless of the iteration in question. I merely hope that when HL2RP² shuts down, it will have a dignified end.

I have no greater musings about this upcoming iteration for now. HL2RP² is, to me personally, so much a culmination of a decade-long journey with HL2RP - finally getting from CityRP to earnestly RPing the post-occupation era - that I genuinely struggle picturing the early occupation era as a roleplay setting.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
@Simman102 i think you should make the civil protection application format longer actually

at the moment you only need a weeks provisions and a native guide to get through the whole thing
I don't think there's anything egregious about the format. The scenarios are necessary to gauge somebody's approach, and the only two questions that might be (superficially) considered unnecessary are marked with a disclaimer that they may be answered concisely.

I understand that it's overall relatively long, which is why it was posted in advance, to give people time to think about their characters.

If you find yourself unable to fill the form out, I'm happy to inform that the PA apps will be a mere check of SteamID and ban record, followed by IC recruitment.