deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
not for me, i dont play 🔥
So glad to be hearing about all the unprecedented server-side drama such as:

Combine leads doing nothing to influence the story
Combine leads not communicating with staff
Combine leads not even playing the server (surprise surprise)

I can't wait to see what innovative new ground this upcoming iteration will surely cover in regards to the Combine faction!
You're going to be one of the frontmen for NetSpark why are you constantly bashing nebulous man just sign out if all you want to do is spit on the community you've played with since 2018 man just move on or shut up

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
You're going to be one of the frontmen for NetSpark why are you constantly bashing nebulous man just sign out if all you want to do is spit on the community you've played with since 2018 man just move on or shut up
yeah this

Like Lewis cmon you don't have to put nebulous down to bring NetSpark up, that's just showing you have piss all faith in NetSpark doing well on release. Just let the work speak for itself, not you

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Because you can do so much better, and I didn't actually want to abandon the community.

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Because you can do so much better, and I didn't actually want to abandon the community.
and pissing all over it makes it any better? despite the inactivity @PepicWalrus and others are at least trying something, whereas you're pissing all over it- when you're not even playing it to know it's shit.

Havok

Quark
B A N N E D
Nebulae

IMG_4900.jpg

rob

Nebulae
Didn't we have a chat about simmering down the toxicity in Merlin's community or am I misremembering? Either way, it's probably better you do abandon the community if you're planning to continue making posts like these, it's not putting his community under a good light either, just saying, I'm looking forward to it and all but the toxicity really throws me off a lot of the time

Lewis!

フローラルの専門店
Nebulae
Didn't we have a chat about simmering down the toxicity in Merlin's community or am I misremembering? Either way, it's probably better you do abandon the community if you're planning to continue making posts like these, it's not putting his community under a good light either, just saying, I'm looking forward to it and all but the toxicity really throws me off a lot of the time
We certainly had a conversation about stopping certain retards from using slurs in every other sentence before the filter bot was added.

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
We certainly had a conversation about stopping certain retards from using slurs in every other sentence before the filter bot was added.
lol I use retard on a daily basis so I'm no one to say something but this sentence genuinely made me laugh

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
LOL it might be double standards but I personally think the N and F word is worse than retard
Lewis I have to hand it to you I think you have become one of the most deranged members of the community and it's showing its bare skin a lot more over the past few months.

Personally, I don't care about the words. Anyone who knows me is well aware I do not care about those words. But you do, which makes the clear double standard so genuinely just sad. Cherrypicking slurs just outs you as someone who's one of two things:

1: you're an ableist
2: you don't actually care about the words and their impacts, and choose to say and not to say certain ones in order to people please, rather than because they're slurs

For someone who's meant to be one of the main faces of NetSpark you're doing an absolutely shit job at making it look appealing to people. At least when Atle left neb and made his own community, he actually left nebulous and didn't come on the HL2RP threads just to say "hey guys nebulous more like shitulous what a corrupt and bad server"

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I intend to make a Retrospective Thread for a constructive discussion on the iteration once we conclude Saturday. But I'll say now that despite the many flaws in HL2RP² we've had an amazing and passionate community. I believe we could easily build activity back up and continue HL2RP² if that was desired as even just doing one real little event we've already been seeing 15 or so people getting on again. Same back during end of Southside we built it back up to be peaking and saw those numbers throughout season 3 when things were on track. We've shown several times to be able to spring back up once engagement happens.

We have a community that -wants- to play and it's just finding a format to reward that and ensure people's time will be honored. I do think we've at least got something in mind for Early Days that we'll go in depth about a little after launch, but HL2RP² fell into the trap of trying to be a forever iteration which just isn't gonna work anymore.

I at least will be pushing for a proper plan and reasonable expectations on how long we intend to operate so it can be more cohesive and prepared.

Nebulae
lewis is talking as a person who devoted time to nebulous, was involved with it and its community, looking in on it now from the outside, not as 'lewis, the guy from netspark.' he occupies both of those nomers simultaneously and you're doing yourselves and other communities a disservice by separating the two and magnifying the latter. i think it's cynical to assume lewis' criticism, as shit and unconstructive as it is, is merely him trying to elevate another community by shitting on another thus communicating a lack of faith in netspark. bluntly, that's a really, really major stretch. lewis is an impassioned guy, which often gets the better of him and draws ire from others, but i think anyone with an ounce of good faith can clearly see this is coming from someone who's disgruntled with a perceived failure on the part of a once-favored community, not a shill here to siphon members.

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
lewis is talking as a person who devoted time to nebulous, was involved with it and its community, looking in on it now from the outside, not as 'lewis, the guy from netspark.' he occupies both of those nomers simultaneously and you're doing yourselves and other communities a disservice by separating the two and magnifying the latter. i think it's cynical to assume lewis' criticism, as shit and unconstructive as it is, is merely him trying to elevate another community by shitting on another thus communicating a lack of faith in netspark. bluntly, that's a really, really major stretch. lewis is an impassioned guy, which often gets the better of him and draws ire from others, but i think anyone with an ounce of good faith can clearly see this is coming from someone who's disgruntled with a perceived failure on the part of a once-favored community, not a shill here to siphon members.
I don't think he's doing it to make NETSPARK seem superior, but it's not a good look.

Nebulae
I don't think he's doing it to make NETSPARK seem superior, but it's not a good look.
yeah. but reducing this to, like, 'oh yeah it's a bad look for netspark' to deflect from whatever little constructive criticism or criticism worth considering at all that lewis is dispensing as someone who was very dedicated to playing neb and contributing to it is stupid thoughbeit, even though it's likely not a conscious thing.

i mean, look at his rp doc. he clearly does care about neb in whatever way he does, otherwise he wouldn't spend three days with me in dms making a loveletter to its most recent iteration, because that's what that vid amounts to.

deathwolf

GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
yeah. but reducing this to, like, 'oh yeah it's a bad look for netspark' to deflect from whatever little constructive criticism or criticism worth considering at all that lewis is dispensing as someone who was very dedicated to playing neb and contributing to it is stupid thoughbeit, even though it's likely not a conscious thing.

i mean, look at his rp doc. he clearly does care about neb in whatever way he does, otherwise he wouldn't spend three days with me in dms making a loveletter to its most recent iteration, because that's what that vid amounts to.
official-openai-chatgpt-app-for-ios-iphone-646674ba28e23-sej.jpg

this is constructive criticism.