What's your favorite Pokémon?

:heyzeus:

Atom
Nebulae
I like the rare Czech child only found on route 26

He looks like he hasn't slept in 6 fucking days with those eyes.

Also
latest

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Alright, so I actually have several favorites. Here is the template I used that got me 1600-1850 ELO on Showdown back in 2012-2014. A note: This team is completely non-viable now that Megas have been introduced and the meta has shifted to Hyper-Offense and Balance Teams. This team also was created to fit my particular playstyle of predicting switch ins/outs and movesets, so it is very personal based.

Currently this team gets sat at 1300-1400 ELo on Showdown at max. I got to 1500 but that was definitely a fluke.

I give you...

Ivory Scroll Hidden in Moon's Shadow

Fluffy (Cinccino) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Tail Slap
- U-turn

Claire is my physical sweeper making use of its ability - skill link, while having a variety of multihit moves such as bullet seed, rock blast, and tail slap. Having a great attack and speed it can 1HKO most types weak to those moves. It is a psuedo revenge killer too, because of its speed. I tend to make use of, king's rock (giving a jank 41% flinch chance). However, recently I have been favoring Life Orb and Expert Belt. If you know that the opponent has a Talonflame you can have Focus Sash and respond with a rock bladt for a guarenteed 1HKO.

Hooligan (Scrafty) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature

- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Hooligan was the last pokemon I thought on my team. I needed a pokemon that could take damage, sustain itself, act as a pseudo-priority attacker, and be able to reliably rid the team's bane of Ground Opponents. What more could I have asked for other than a Scrafty? A decent base HP, a great ability to dissuade physical sweepers, and decent typing to make it harder to get an advantage over. Fake Oyut is used to switch into and stall the game while able to sometimes revenge kill. Drain punch to sustain itself from damage. Knock off to make it a threat to ghost types or walls. Ice punch for those Ground types. He dons a Assault Vest to make him extra bulky to even special attackers. He is one serious delinquent that will not take any shit.

Jasmine (Espeon) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Baton Pass
- Psychic

With the speed that Espeon has, moveset of utility, and amazing Magic Bounce as its ability there is no better way to use her than Screener and Switch-in Baiter. She can easily make any sweeper usless due to her Reflect or Light Screen and her Magical Bounce ability can allow you to switch in if you predict the opponent is going to use Hazard or Status Effect moves. Jasmine is fragile, though and a wrong switch in can lead to a easy 1HKO.

Bramble (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe

- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Because of its typing and godly resistance stats there is no surprise that ferrothorn has been at the top of OU tier since its release. Enough ultility to cause hell for the opponent with Stealth Rock alone. Being able to have Knock off makes it just a bit more annoying and threatening to unsuspecting ghost or psychic types. Bramble's ability - Iron Barbs coupled with the item Rocky Helmet can inflict recoil damage to any idiot who attempts to use any physical attack on him, thus protecting him from all but the most powerful boosted fighting types. Him and Chandalure make a great duo because of type coverage and moveset.

Fire-Hazard (Chandelure) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

My favorite pokemon is Chandalure because of its rediculous base 145 special attack and decent speed. It has the Flash Fire ability that can make it immune to fire attacks and boosting its subsequent fire attacks by x2. I use that to bait fire moves and switch in to get the immunity and boost. It also is one of the fastest and powerful pokemon with the item - Choice Scarf, which increases the pokemon's speed by x2, but limits the pokemon to use the first move used only. This is awesome because Chandalure gets the move Trick which swaps items of the target pokemon. This means the other player has to make the decision of taking massive damage from Fire Blast OR be potentially forced to get Choice Scarfed and forced to use only one move. Chandalure is a high risk; high reward pokemon that can control the pace and decisions of the opponent by offering usually two bad options. They then must choose two of lesser evils. In this team, Chandalure and Ferrothorn are a match made in heaven. Both cover each other's weakness and can be used to overpower or stall the game. Overheat can replace Fire Blast, but due to Overheats poor accuracy and reduction in Spc. Attk it becomes more of a revenge killer than staple Sweeper

Kaiju: Class-63 (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature

- Scald
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

What pokemon do you take when you are in need of a bulky special wall that has Ultility and Aggression at the tips of all of its cruel appendages? Tentecruel is who! This DEEP LURKING Kaiju will tear the foundations of any team apart systematically while scoffing at any special attacks. It also makes use of Rapid spin to get rid of Hazards for Cincinno, Chandalure, and Espeon to safely switch into the field. Toxic prevents other walls from Stalling. Scald makes it a threat to Ground types or Physical attackers because of the high Burn potential.

Last edited:

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Flareon and Vaporeon are gud

Flareon now able to have flare blitz is okay. It still is fragile and has a poor speed. RU at best.

Vaporeon was banished to UU and under after Weather teams were non-viable due to dought, sandstorm, and Rain being only 5 duration. Before then Vap was one of the best physical walls.

Reactions: List

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Would anyone be interested in a Pokemon Tournement? I can host one with a prize pool. We can use Showdown for it. ^^

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae

Pokemon Showdown is a pokemon battle simulator. You need not catch or train your pokemon, as you just choose your pokemon, moveset, items, and EVs/IVs.

Then, once your team is set - you can battle with random players online in different formats (Singles, VGC, Doubles, Triples, and even Sky battle).

You can also save replays of your battles!

For the tournament it will be Singles 6v6, OU Smogon Ruleset, Double Elimination.

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Pokemon Showdown is a pokemon battle simulator. You need not catch or train your pokemon, as you just choose your pokemon, moveset, items, and EVs/IVs.

Then, once your team is set - you can battle with random players online in different formats (Singles, VGC, Doubles, Triples, and even Sky battle).

You can also save replays of your battles!

For the tournament it will be Singles 6v6, OU Smogon Ruleset, Double Elimination.
i made a team with 3 vulpixs and 3 ninetales
it didnt work very well

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
i made a team with 3 vulpixs and 3 ninetales
it didnt work very well

Yeah... Well, hey. You see really bad teams sometimes like... LvL 5 Magnemites with Recycle, Sturdy, and Berry Juice and Endevour.

Ninetails works well with Mega-Zard (y) with the drought. Fire blast, Solarbeam, and some coverage moves can work. Slap on a starmie or Rotom wash? You got yourself a good foundation for a functional team!

(Ninetails is one of the most magestic looking 'mons out there, I think only seconded by Dragonair)

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
ok so apparently i cant do that so i made a team that abides by OU