Where 2 look 4 RP?

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
That's literally the only way that I see could get me anywhere, but it's one that I despise.
Everything rebel-related always feels so meta.
Constant grinding, shotcopping and gathering members over character development, roleplay and any form of narrative.
Resistance Factions getting created just to gain the attention of players to join you instead of facilitating some specific roleplay niche (i.e gang groups, religious groups, PMC looking-ass groups and such.)
That's far less the case now, I'll be real.

Most of the groups we have kicking, while some view gear as important, are actually more individually unique than a lot of what you maybe used to see. Most of them fill one of those niches you mentioned.

deltomega

Neutrino
Nebulae
what kinda niche do you wanna fill, like what goals do you want to meet
I've always been a fan of all the Deus ex shit so probably some Lower Hengsha mafia underground society that'd be the main place to go for gear and intel, a group of mechanics, tech-junkies, grease monkeys, scavengers, dealers and mercenaries; but... that kind of group would require me having a ton of OOC and IC connections and is just unreal.
If not, probably some religious cult or nationalist-based groups.
Most of the groups we have kicking, while some view gear as important, are actually more individually unique than a lot of what you maybe used to see. Most of them fill one of those niches you mentioned.
Maybe that's true, but from what I've experienced, the groups that I come across, the most active, successful groups are basically just shotcoper squads.

GenericPlayer

i like firetruck and moster truck
Nebulae
I've always been a fan of all the Deus ex shit so probably some Lower Hengsha mafia underground society that'd be the main place to go for gear and intel, a group of mechanics, tech-junkies, grease monkeys, scavengers, dealers and mercenaries; but... that kind of group would require me having a ton of OOC and IC connections and is just unreal.
there's already a tech focused and mafia group on the server, so you'll probs have a hard time doing this if you want to do all that at once, but it's not impossible

in any case, i'd start small, scout out some places you want to take over, get some guys to join you, you don't really need to grind for gear if your goals don't necessitate it, but if you want mercenaries you're gonna have a hard time, not sure how hitmans work rule wise anymore so that's probs something you wanna ask staff

in any case, something like that will take time and effort

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I partially disagree... Although 99% of the servers have the same issue there are, or rather, were some diamonds in the rough.
Here's the problem, there's no real recipe for empowering citizen and rebel roleplay, and it'd be especially hard to do so with a community the size of nebulous. There's a certain trait a server loses when it becomes huge- player freedom. When a community is well-developed it's hard to get to the core, it's hard to really get a taste of the experience, you feel me?
I'd also argue, just to add to this, that the smaller servers often have a detriment because they simply don't have the numbers to support an open experience - sure you can 'be a rebel' but it won't matter because the server will end up dead in a month or so and thats assuming they aren't 100% Union-focused and the slums aren't propblocked off.

Maybe that's true, but from what I've experienced, the groups that I come across, the most active, successful groups are basically just shotcoper squads.
I think that depends on what you class as traditionally successful. We have one group that's 90% science/RP endeavours, the largest which is more direct and aggressive and the entirely surface-based Italian gang (who admittedly aren't "rebels" really, they just do criminal shit).

not sure how hitmans work rule wise anymore so that's probs something you wanna ask staff
They don't work anymore, fortunately.