Serious Which country should I take long vacations in?

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Bored as fuck, got nothing to do and feel like I should go exploring somewhere, perhaps stay for 1-3 months, depending on how things go

Which country would be worth to spend that amount of time at? Any advice/recommendations?

Blacklist:
Africa
Middle-East
China
Russia
Ukraine

M

Man wearing a helmet

Somewhere you can speak the country's native tongue

Angel

Nebulae
Somewhere you can speak the country's native tongue
That narrows it down to...

All of America (South, Central and North), UK, Australia, New Zealand, Spain and a bunch of blacklisted African countries. Eh... I don't think that's really important tbh

Stelios

Nucleus
Nebulae
Bored as fuck, got nothing to do and feel like I should go exploring somewhere, perhaps stay for 1-3 months, depending on how things go

Which country would be worth to spend that amount of time at? Any advice/recommendations?

Blacklist:
Africa
Middle-East
China
Russia
Ukraine

Come to France...

Diverse landscape, depending on where you go, cool beaches, cool food, cool cities

Angel

Nebulae
America.

Come to New York or California and experience it. Even though those outside of NA look down on the country, it’s p cool.
Been to Miami, LA and Las Vegas, going to Dallas in September...
I don't think I could last long in the US, except for New York maybe. Los Angeles was alright.

Come to France...

Diverse landscape, depending on where you go, cool beaches, cool food, cool cities
France, Italy and Netherlands are highest probability at the moment, but it's more about the specific city in which to stay.

I'm looking at Paris, Bordeaux, Marseilles, Lyon and Strasbourg primarily.

For Italy, Florence is a massive tick above all others, followed by Rome and Venice.

Netherlands idk

Was hoping someone had something to make a breakthrough and choose :\

sambo

biased shitlord
Nebulae
san pedro in belize is pretty wholesome if u can get over dead dogs in the streets and rats the size of cats since the ppl are pretty friendly, english is primary language

Reactions: List

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Iceland.
I've been there two times, both for prolonged times and its been the best vacations I've ever been on. The entire island is absolutely breathtaking and if you travel from Apr-Aug you can even see the northern lights.
Almost everyone there speaks fluent english aswell.

Dostoevsky

Electron
Nebulae
America.

Come to New York or California and experience it. Even though those outside of NA look down on the country, it’s p cool.
I'd definitely recommend NYC over Cali, no shortage of things to do/see.

If you're open to Central America, I can't recommend Costa Rica enough.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'd definitely recommend NYC over Cali, no shortage of things to do/see.

If you're open to Central America, I can't recommend Costa Rica enough.

Eh, NYC is definitely not the place to vacation for 1-3 months. It's a concrete jungle that gets boring really fast and NY state itself is just...boring. And if someone wanted to explore the Northeastern US there's much better places to stay longer term. Cali at least has Napa Valley, San Diego, San Francisco, and LA.

Just to focus on the US: NY is great for a few days, maybe a week. Cali is great over 1-3 months, great mix of urban/rural stuff. New England is great over that time frame too, especially if you stay in Massachusetts where pretty much everything nice is accessible with a short drive or train. Go see Shenandoah (this ain't in the NE US but it's worth deviating) and go to Yosemite. Mount Washington and the White Mountains are cute too. Cali is great year round, northeast US sucks if it's not a warm spring or if it's not summer.

I spent a month in Japan though and that shit was lit. Airfare was expensive, but I also flew first class. Alcohol is cheap as fuck. The food is lit and there is soooooooooo much to take in. No weed tho.

Canada is basically just the state of Vermont with legal weed and some angry frenchies.

Clouds

Mr. Weedmans
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'd definitely recommend NYC
That shit is so expensive.

A studio apartment is literally usually 1000+/mo

Food is expensive unless you find certain shit like 99 cent pizza slices.

NYC is really just a place to spend a fuck ton of money if you have it.

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
I had a really nice vacation in Creta with a friend. It's a nice vacation if you want to have a beach holiday, swim in the pool or ocean and enjoy the night life (sitting outdoors, smoking waterpipe and drinking). There is also a fort on the island that is kind of neat to visit. Only con to the visit was that there was beggars and such at night and hotel food is bad. I did have a waiter come with a fresh bucket of clams from the ocean though if you are into seafood.

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae
New York itself isn’t so bad. The city is good for 1-3 day trips but I don’t recommend longer stays. There are tons of things to do in NYC I’ve been out of the womb for years visiting it annually and haven’t seen most of it

Go to the Long Island area and you’ll have pretty looking suburbs, opportunities to do outdoorsy activities like fishing. It is incredibly diverse over here it’s sort of insane how we have it all in 1 part of the state in the span of 50-100 miles.

Florida has plenty of Spanish speakers, and is a comparable hotspot to places like California.

Or if you’re willing to spend a lot go to Hawaii. It’s a tropical island, you can do.. tropical debauchery

D

Deleted member 1392

Go to alaska and live in a cabin for the rest of your life. Give up of roleplay and hunt and scavange for your survival. Live with your guys and brew moonshine.

Or go to Italy and have fun there if you are into culture. I heard that France was horrible in terms of sewer smell and high restaurant prices. I dunno.

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae

Blacklist:
Africa
Middle-East
China
Russia
Ukraine
Dubai, UAE
Goa, India (Super nice resort area, speaks mostly english and french surprisingly. Its the only cleaned up area in india imo.)
Morocco
Argentina.
Maldives.
Possibly Hong Kong, just make sure you get a hotel somewhere close to everything.
Definitely Kyoto, Japan
Guam is pretty nice and chill. Its a US territory so you're good.

Koch

Time to dance
Nebulae
singapore :grinning:

more info: decently western country (in terms of nono things to do). Everyone speaks pretty decent english save some old chinese grandfathers who only speak mandarin, and the city is very friendly to tourists because that's how they survive. There's not that many scammers around (in my experience from living there for half a year), and you just need to learn to navigate the MRT and you're gucci.