Why did people only counter in the old AC games?

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
assassinscreed-sword.jpg

I never understood this. The games give you a very easy combo system, and on top of that you can even dodge or block. And even then people just stayed back and countered, at times just wasting 6 minutes of standing and countering. Why did people do that back in the day, i really dont get it. Was it Ubisoft's fault for not fully explaining to the player how to fight, despite teaching you these abilities? I dont get it. What is your take on the topic?

Last edited:

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
countering in assassins creed was actually an instant win button in games prior to Unity i believe

counters led to instant-kill attacks, and if you kept spamming the attack button after the fact you would keep doing executions and one-shotting everyone

it actually made combat very quick

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
countering in assassins creed was actually an instant win button in games prior to Unity i believe

counters led to instant-kill attacks, and if you kept spamming the attack button after the fact you would keep doing executions and one-shotting everyone

it actually made combat very quick
well i guess so, but in the end of the day simply standing still and only using counter just seems boring. ive never done it, and the only time i needed to use the counter was when i got stun locked. am i not getting something or?

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
well i guess so, but in the end of the day simply standing still and only using counter just seems boring. ive never done it, and the only time i needed to use the counter was when i got stun locked. am i not getting something or?
you have to remember

the old ac games are NOTHING like the modern ones, so countering was one of the most reliable ways to kill people while being ganked

Reactions: List

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
you have to remember

the old ac games are NOTHING like the modern ones, so countering was one of the most reliable ways to kill people while being ganked
yes, im taking about the old ac games. i just found it stupid how everyone used the counter move and nothing else.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
yes, im taking about the old ac games. i just found it stupid how everyone used the counter move and nothing else.
It felt cool.

A "hit me and you'll regret it" type of vibe.

Also reminds me of this: