why isnt nebulous on discord

Vortex

Proton
Nebulae
I've never really used ts3 even when I was most active, I just got along without it but I'd probably use the communications more if it was discord

I'm not supporting a transition to discord ok dont hurt me

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Discord sucks for an actual community and is really only made for small groups of people.

There's zero customization to a Discord so no ability to really add anything unique, every server looks and behaves exactly the same; it's kinda shit.

Also no text channels that are linked to voice channels, the fuck is up with that?

Reactions: List

420Alex

The OG
Nebulae
Yeah but discord still got bots. And it can still have separate text channels, all of which can be locked away behind different permissions and such. If set up properly I feel like it would even be more intuitive

but that's coming from someone who mains discord and as some of the others, refuses to use teamspeak

we have a discord it's just no one uses it
I have never seen this advertised

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
Yeah but discord still got bots. And it can still have separate text channels, all of which can be locked away behind different permissions and such. If set up properly I feel like it would even be more intuitive
Discord bots are anything but intuitive, you can't even remove someone's Speak permission whilst they're in the channel without moving them out of the channel and back in for it to even apply; that's really stupid. Bots aren't the solution to the text/voice channel issue either because the channel doesn't remove properly when your permission is removed either.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Also no text channels that are linked to voice channels, the fuck is up with that?
i still dont get why this is such a big deal when u can just... create a text channel that ppl in the voice channel can use which acts basically the same functionally

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
i still dont get why this is such a big deal when u can just... create a text channel that ppl in the voice channel can use which acts basically the same functionally
That's not even close to the same functionality, c'mon. If you have 20 voice channels, people might want to share links to those in the discussion they're currently having in voice but you can't without effectively sharing it with the entire Discord server or doing it in a DM; that's fucking stupid.
[doublepost=1607312429][/doublepost]Also, Discord servers are hosted on their servers and I quite like the privacy provided by being able to host a server yourself; not a major fan of all the data collection Discord are doing either.

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
Discord is better for file hosting than it is for large communities.

Larry Gibbons

Proton
Nebulae
That's not even close to the same functionality, c'mon. If you have 20 voice channels, people might want to share links to those in the discussion they're currently having in voice but you can't without effectively sharing it with the entire Discord server or doing it in a DM; that's fucking stupid.
[doublepost=1607312429][/doublepost]Also, Discord servers are hosted on their servers and I quite like the privacy provided by being able to host a server yourself; not a major fan of all the data collection Discord are doing either.
This.

Chromesthesia_

Hailing from the same town as Sophie Dee
Nebulae
imagine playin ww3rp back in the day fuckin event day and erryone clambers into d-cord and commits attrocities

temspak