WiFi extremely weak or dead

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Hello, while I'm not in front of my computer right now I thought I'd grab some help now to allow time for response.

Upon starting up my computer yesterday I noticed something odd. Windows said I had working WiFi but pages like nebulous or Facebook just would not load. Hell not even Google was working!

I decided to check the router and all signs were green (or rather white) yet the issue persisted even after I reset it.

Here's the odd thing though, my phone and everyone else's device that'a I'm my home work perfectly fine.

Any ideas on what the problem is?
Thanks,
Redhunter

Last edited:

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
Do you have a wifi adapter or a card in your PC? sounds like they could be broken, if the wifi works fine on everything else

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Do you have a wifi adapter or a card in your PC? sounds like they could be broken, if the wifi works fine on everything else
I couldn't tell you for sure if I did. I built the PC myself about two months back after my last PC's motherboard went. I am using an ethernet cable which would make me think that I did put one in.

Another sidenote, I don't think this would cause the problem but there's a chance. After setting up my new computer there were complications in activating Windows and I can't afford to buy another product key (Even though my computer is 100% legal). Perhaps Microsoft put in a counter piracy measure and are just fucking with my Internet now.
[doublepost=1493278069][/doublepost]
I couldn't tell you for sure if I did. I built the PC myself about two months back after my last PC's motherboard went. I am using an ethernet cable which would make me think that I did put one in.

Another sidenote, I don't think this would cause the problem but there's a chance. After setting up my new computer there were complications in activating Windows and I can't afford to buy another product key (Even though my computer is 100% legal). Perhaps Microsoft put in a counter piracy measure and are just fucking with my Internet now.

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae

Some motherboards have built in wlan/wifi cards AFAIK, so might wanna look into that, might be dead

And nah, it's not Microsoft; I as well never activated windows (:heyzeus: its like 70 euros why should i pay if i can use for free), used just fine for a year

Reactions: List

Yoshez

lord of flies
Nebulae

Before messing with your motherboard/internet card, does the connection work fine for other devices or is it slow just for the one PC?

Also if you got old product code for windows from some pre-built PC that came with the Windows product code tag you can use your old activaction code to make your new windows legit through some reg edit and messing with the settings (yeah, Mircosoft doesn't want you to recycle Windows hence the complicated steps, but it's do-able and worth it, i did it), you can find instructions through googling.

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Before messing with your motherboard/internet card, does the connection work fine for other devices or is it slow just for the one PC?
Everything is working fine on all devices except for my PC.

In regards to the Windows thing, I actually did this back on my Windows XP to get around the fact I had no OS. Not sure how it's supposed to work on Windows 10 though as they've tightened up Security since 2002 but I'll give it a shot if needed. Although just so you should know the Windows 10 I'm currently using is from the free Windows 10 upgrade.

E: So great news. After a day of no internet, everything is working fine as if nothing ever happened. I'll keep you posted on this thread in case this happens again but thank you for your help so far.

Reactions: List