Serious Windows 11 leaked

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/15/22535123/microsoft-windows-11-leak-screenshots-start-menu

taskbarleft_1.jpg

windows11_4.png

Looks like fucking trash I’m sorry but I hate it, especially the newer UIs

only way I’m moving to it is if they remove the shitty ads and bloatware (or if they shove it down my gullet like they have been doing with shitty features for the past 5 years)

could’ve legit just been a windows 10 update

at least the backgrounds are nice

Wish there was an alternative to it cause it’s somehow been consistently garbage since 7 but there’s nothing really better
image0.jpg

Discuss i guess

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
w-w-w-w-why...???

it looks like dogshit and the fucking minimizations are making me wanna blow my fucking brains out
my guess is they’re trying to streamline it or make it more akin to mobile devices (ease of access? expanding their brand? Idk)

they did it for windows 8 (and it was complete trash) so they toned it back for 10 and I’m guessing they’re gradually making the changes and making stuff simpler or more akin to the way phones function

weird for us since we’re used to it but people are way more accustomed to smart phones than computers now, especially the 2010+ generation

the middle bar thingy and the rounded corners remind me a lot of macos though so maybe they’re going for something similar to it to try to appeal to those users too

Reactions: List

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
i wonder if they're gonna offer a free switch like they did with windows 10

If there's no stability and compatibility issues i might take the offer cuz i like the style personally

5dg914.jpg

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
it looks like a mac

if i wanted a mac i’d have got a mac

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Windows 7 was peak microsoft design

windows 8/10/11 have all been major downgrades in both aesthetics and usability

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
I wonder if someone has made some sort of program that makes your desktop/windows look like that of older versions of windows solely for ~nostalgia~

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
I don't mind the look honestly, I'm just not sure if there's any reason for costumers to want a new Windows
(I get Microsoft's doing it for the money)

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
ill stay with windows 10 until they stop security patches

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I don‘t mind the UI but why in the FUCK are the taskbar icons in the middle?!

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
If it keeps the compatibility that 10 has it's an immediate upgrade
hope it doesn't have any wacky non-functional parts

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
i couldnt give less of a fuck how the UI looks what annoys me is how they've streamlined their settings menus that used to look like this (since windows 8, windows 10; no doubt windows 11 too)
pXG0DhJ.png

and now looks like this
nPKsh6K.png

takes up ten times the space with one third of the useability.
im well aware you can still get to the prior, problem being you have to sift through the latter first and its extremely counterintuitive to anyone that wants to make more advanced changes to their software or hardware through windows.

every time i try to troubleshoot something on windows 10 i have to first troubleshoot windows 10 to figure out where to find the real settings first

Last edited:

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
i couldnt give less of a fuck how the UI looks what annoys me is how they've streamlined their settings menus that used to look like this (since windows 8, windows 10; no doubt windows 11 too)
pXG0DhJ.png

and now looks like this
nPKsh6K.png

takes up ten times the space with one third of the useability.
im well aware you can still get to the prior, problem being you have to sift through the latter first and its extremely counterintuitive to anyone that wants to make more advanced changes to their software or hardware through windows.

every time i try to troubleshoot something on windows 10 i have to first troubleshoot windows 10 to figure out where to find the real settings first
You know that the menus are shit when you have to search online how to do something basic on Windows 10