[WIP] Xenian Bestiary

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
95oD9jb.png

This was something I was working on a while back and I never finished. I'd like to hopefully pick back up on it- by both expanding on it with pages on every Xen creature we know to inhabit Earth in HL2 and also tidying up this first page as well.

Though I feel like my resources as an individual are somewhat limited, and it'd be super to turn this into a group effort for anyone that's interested in helping out. Ideally I'd like to try and make several pages for a single creature, and go into detail on the following;
  • What they look like and where you can find them
  • How to avoid them, track them or kill them
  • How to use them in cooking or utilizing their materials for leather or other such appliances.
  • Different variants of the creature
  • Misc. facts
So, if you feel up to it, here are things that could absolutely help if you're up for it. Here's what I could use:
  • If you know any better fonts for chicken-scratch but still legible handwriting, please toss it my way!
  • If you have an idea for an entry regarding one of the topics I listed above and can make it sound like it was written by a grizzled old survivalist, feel free to write it up!
  • If you have art-pieces or poses you feel could be used as parchment sketches or polaroid captures, post them!
  • If you have any sort of material, texture or graphic I could apply in the image-making process, I'd be ecstatic if you could share them! The above image should serve as a basis for what I'm going for.
  • If you have any cool ideas or suggestions that I could use to make this flashier and more immersive, let me know!
When I get home today, I'm probably going to restart from scratch and re-do the headcrab page. I feel like there's a better way to do it and it's also been about a year since I made this so my skill using art programs has improved.

Until then, enjoy!

Reactions: List

Cindy

Nebulae
Alright, I'm home.

Me preparing to open up my editing software:
tumblr_ocg91a02kp1rt5cvco2_400-2210.png

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
I'd reccomend doing some fun stuff with the layout of the pages
So for example have stuff put on with sticky tape and staples, different pieces of paper with different fonts and text
like its truly been stuck together

Cindy

Nebulae
I'd reccomend doing some fun stuff with the layout of the pages
So for example have stuff put on with sticky tape and staples, different pieces of paper with different fonts and text
like its truly been stuck together

Yeah, that was something I really wanted to do / intend to do as well.