Suggestion working together should increase pay

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
+1

Hard agree, I think it should pay you double if you team up with people, part of the point of it being a RP server I agree is to RP with others and shoot the shit while doing fun activities, otherwise it just encourages solo grinding which is what it does if you are splitting the money with others

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Can I make extra suggestion here? Maybe some jobs, like trash pickup, should need a minimum of two people. One to run the truck and another to grab trash? Or is that too much?

Reactions: List

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Can I make extra suggestion here? Maybe some jobs, like trash pickup, should need a minimum of two people. One to run the truck and another to grab trash? Or is that too much?

I think all jobs should be accessible because a lot of people will want to do their own thing solo having a minimum locks out solo players from that job until they have a friend to assist.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I think all jobs should be accessible because a lot of people will want to do their own thing solo having a minimum locks out solo players from that job until they have a friend to assist.

I'm not trying to imply I want this to apply this to all jobs, mind you, just a couple. Some should be flat out soloable while others, where it looks like it would make more sense, should require cooperation. Not every activity should be soloable, that's generally not healthy for an environment that is supposed to be interaction driven.

It's not entirely a bad thing that people might have to wait for someone, or go make friends to do a specific job.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I'm not trying to imply I want this to apply this to all jobs, mind you, just a couple. Some should be flat out soloable while others, where it looks like it would make more sense, should require cooperation. Not every activity should be soloable, that's generally not healthy for an environment that is supposed to be interaction driven.

It's not entirely a bad thing that people might have to wait for someone, or go make friends to do a specific job.

That's fair, heck, I'm anticipating when we grow as a community that someone will start a bodyguard business to protect the newbies from getting robbed on the job lol

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
That's fair, heck, I'm anticipating when we grow as a community that someone will start a bodyguard business to protect the newbies from getting robbed on the job lol

fuck 'em they gotta learn to stay strapped some how.

but on that note certain areas should be enforced green zones. robbing people at NPCs is genuinely the cringiest shit when people have no choice but to interact with that specific NPC that doesn't move anywhere.

Cineron

Proton
Nebulae
My thoughts are that as far as roleplay encouragement goes it's a great idea. But in a serious "world" profit is usually split between people the more there are. For example, in GTA one person doesn't get all of the profits from a heist. My opinion is that all players that contribute to one job receive the same amount of money.
I agree that this job (sanitation worker) in particular can benefit from multiple people, but each person is paid the same. Technically the driver has the "easier" job so his cut would be "easier" to profit from unless he/she exits the vehicle to help the person collecting trash on foot.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
My thoughts are that as far as roleplay encouragement goes it's a great idea. But in a serious "world" profit is usually split between people the more there are. For example, in GTA one person doesn't get all of the profits from a heist. My opinion is that all players that contribute to one job receive the same amount of money.

I agree that this job (sanitation worker) in particular can benefit from multiple people, but each person is paid the same. Technically the driver has the "easier" job so his cut would be "easier" to profit from unless he/she exits the vehicle to help the person collecting trash on foot.
This is GTA rp, not real life

A heist payout isn't the same concept as delivering boxes or grabbing trash. I would understand if you were getting one million dollars, but a bump from 300 bucks to 500 isn't really the end of the world

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

You want people to RP together, not avoid each other. I want to do jobs with my friends. I want to be a delivery driver with my friends. I want to be a garbage man with my friends. I want to do chop shop with my friends. It sucks having to do it alone because it pays more money. And it's legit the only competitive way that allows you to afford stuff. Right now nobody is working together because then it means they don't make money.

The devs want it to be hard, but it's too hard. It's so hard that it's unenjoyable, it's the reason why I spend most of my time just fucking around instead of making money. It's a game after all, it should be fun and not overtly realistic.

Give people individual salaries despite working together, splitting money sucks.

I get if split money for a bank job or a heist, where even if you split the money you get a good payout that is above the rest of the jobs, but most jobs should just give you a salary for your own person and not be affected by how many people are in your group. If anything, you want to encourage people to meet and make friends and give them an excuse to connect and build relationships.

It's all backwards.

Good job anyhow on developing this, it's been fun and I just want this project to move forward and continue improving. Again it's been a lot of fun but it needs polish