Workshop content not loading correctly?

Dr. sandu

Quark
Nebulae
Alright here's the deal:

I've uninstalled and wiped my gmod files, verified game cache and tried unsubscribing from ALL my addons, however as i go to our hl2rp server's content pack and subscribe all the game acts as if i already have all the addons (steam downloads show 1.4g/1.4g without any downloading done).

This is not the case, when i join the server it acts as if i have none (or most) of the files downloaded and starts downloading them manually. Not through workshop but actually separately (downloading models/xenians/aliengrunt.mdl for example).

Anyone got any ideas?

Dr. sandu

Quark
Nebulae
Edit: all custom models ingame are errors for me, forgot to mention

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
If you have the content installed through the workshop collection you can opt to download only map files on your multiplayer options, it will still work.

Go on a singleplayer server and check if you have the addons from the content pack in your spawnlist, too, then rejoin if you do

Dr. sandu

Quark
Nebulae
Go on a singleplayer server and check if you have the addons from the content pack in your spawnlist, too, then rejoin if you do

Can't believe i didn't think of this, let's get right into the news.

I seem to have about half or less of the addons in my spawnlist right now. However for example i don't have the map and when i join with downloaded file preference set to allow maps only it blares out the usual missing map error and disconnects me.

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Can't believe i didn't think of this, let's get right into the news.

I seem to have about half or less of the addons in my spawnlist right now. However for example i don't have the map and when i join with downloaded file preference set to allow maps only it blares out the usual missing map error and disconnects me.
If you have the map for the workshop it should let you join normally -

One of the reasons I think you only have half of the stuff is because of a bug that only loads 50 workshop addons. Check your addons list ingame and see if that's the case by looking for lots of missing stuff

Try menu_cleanupgmas (or something close to that) in the main menu. It'll delete unsubscribed addons from your game's folder, may or may not start redownloading the stuff you're missing.

If you are indeed subscribed to the map and you've let it download - go to your addons folder and try to find it by searching for its name, to make sure it is infact downloaded. I wouldn't even bother doing that though

Dr. sandu

Quark
Nebulae
If you are indeed subscribed to the map and you've let it download - go to your addons folder and try to find it by searching for its name, to make sure it is infact downloaded. I wouldn't even bother doing that though

The thing is workshop says i've subscribed to the addons but i think the download of said addons is somehow bugged. I checked my addons folder just now, the map isn't there among others.

Try menu_cleanupgmas (or something close to that) in the main menu. It'll delete unsubscribed addons from your game's folder, may or may not start redownloading the stuff you're missing.

Tried, didn't help.

Chicken Rickler

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Go to your steam downloads and check if garry's mod workshop content is done downloading

Dr. sandu

Quark
Nebulae
Bump.

I'd really like this resolved since rping with errors is kinda hard.

zoo

Electron
Nebulae
Tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing?

Edit: NVM, see that you have. Perhaps once more?

I had this issue for FTRP before and deleting the addons from the folder manually seemed to have triggered a re-download.

Dr. sandu

Quark
Nebulae
I had this issue for FTRP before and deleting the addons from the folder manually seemed to have triggered a re-download.

That was probably because as long as you don't cancel the addon subscription via uninstalling the addon ingame or via workshop then the addon will be redownloaded for you.

Dr. sandu

Quark
Nebulae
Update:

I have certified retardation.

I found out what the problem was, i had the addons disabled via the ingame addon menu and the disabled status even carried over multiple reinstalls.

But thanks for the help regardless, i do appreciate it.

Reactions: List