WW3RP events archive

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I've started collecting notes about historic WW3RP events, but have little information on them, only listing a pair of LemonPunch ones so far. If anyone has any links then comment here with them, or PM me about them. This obviously includes the LemonPunch, nebulous WW3RP of 2016 - 2018, and Stasiland eras.

Reactions: List

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
Having had a chat with Brawler, I'm under the impression that WW3RP events during LemonPunch and beyond could have been influenced by events from the BnT Clonewars server and events from the LP HL2RP server. I want to write about their similarities, and wonder if anyone remembers that particular era and could add anything to that storyline.

Also, does anyone want to write a summary of the recent neb WW3RP event? I'm afraid I wasn't able to attend, but have been getting more hands-on again lately. How did day 1 compare to day 2? What was fun about it? What were the maps? What was the playercount like? What was the lore? @Roosebud were there particular ideas that were unused from Stasiland that were used for it now?

Last edited:

Cuttsy

Proton
Nebulae
Also, does anyone want to write a summary of the recent neb WW3RP event? I'm afraid I wasn't able to attend, but have been getting more hands-on again lately. How did day 1 compare to day 2? What was fun about it? What were the maps? What was the playercount like? What was the lore? @Roosebud were there particular ideas that were unused from Stasiland that were used for it now?

I attended all of day 1 but only early in the afternoon and the last 90 mins of the second day due to IRL commitments. For me personally, day one was a big success. Although the playercount was always sub 45 players (I believe), it really didn't feel like a set back to the event and any more would potentially have been chaotic to manage. Consequently, the map was a perfect size and was a great choice as it seemed fitting to the event, was suitably compact and it was perfect for the "capture the flag" like system during the event which I thought was a great addition to WW3RP and added meaning to firefights, as opposed to going out solely to kill. If this sort of event was to be done again, it would be great if this 'gamemode', if you like, was developed further, adding more incentives to capturing sectors of the map instead of mostly just bragging rights. Perhaps something like the more flags owned, the greater access to supplies or something. Understandably, day one felt like a better mix of roleplay and S2K compared to the last day and for me personally, the more enjoyable of the two days. This was bound to be the case due to the short duration of the event, people inevitably wanted to get their S2K fix in the last day. I would say that the first day was something that could have been built on, halfway to what Stasiland ideally would have developed into after introducing NATO as a faction, had the server stayed open a little longer.

Day 2 felt a lot more like a team deathmatch when I was on. I suppose earlier in the day, it felt like the first day, but the last 1.5-2hr felt like pure team deathmatch, with no NLR, a lot more vehicles spawned in (particularly aircraft) etc. This was a nice mix up and a bit of a flashback to the good ol' days but I wouldn't want it to be a common occurence.

In an ideal world, I would have liked to have seen equipment be limited, but this would have been completely impractical for the style of the event. Perhaps access to attachments and more advanced guns could have been limited, as the Soviet faction was supposed to be a desperate and struggling army that had been pushed back, not a fully equipped one, as most people were walking round with an RPG or a PTRS.

I'd say that the event was a big success. For me, it made me want to play WW3RP more, which I was surprised about because I thought that my interest had dried up. Perhaps this was the case because it was shorter, it left you wanting more. I think that if there is a future to WW3RP in this community, it would work great if it was a weekend server or occassional week long events where there is no daily commitment, which very few people can keep to now. The capture the flag system worked a treat and added meaning to S2K, and it is something which could be taken further. I'm glad that the Stasiland lore was kept for the event, though it didn't seem as pertinent as it could have been for this event, perhaps because it was primarily S2K focused.

Thanks to all the staff, faction leads and players that took part and made the event a great experience. I'm glad Roosebud's hard work for Stasiland was put to use and could be appreciated. Hopefully this event is something that can be built on and taken further in the future.