your first roleplay experience?

Gargamel

Neutrino
Nebulae
What was your first RP or HL2RP experience ever?
First time, I was on some HL2RP server and just went to canals with someone, and I died there because of zombie
also please (don't) click that "nebulous" button below. really.

Reactions: List

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
never played hl2rp hah
[doublepost=1519054033][/doublepost]nah just kidding my first time rping on hl2rp was in like 2015 when i joined a random server and just walked around saying hi to people who didn't respond for 10 minutes before leaving the server cause i was bored out of my mind

Gargamel

Neutrino
Nebulae
never played hl2rp hah
[doublepost=1519054033][/doublepost]nah just kidding my first time rping on hl2rp was in like 2015 when i joined a random server and just walked around saying hi to people who didn't respond for 10 minutes before leaving the server cause i was bored out of my mind

hm, reasonable

Dr Stalker

Neutrino
Nebulae
Honestly I don't remember my first RP experience, I'm pretty sure it was HL2RP and I'm pretty sure I did something stupid and got shot.

Deerjohn

Nucleus
Nebulae
I went to lemonpunch fro the first time ever, naming my character "Ray Dan"
I checked one of those crates by the train station, found a rusty crossbow, I reported it and then I stopped playing

Akula

Sangheili Bias
Nebulae
i went on lemonpunch hl2rp and made a character called cole phelps and went around interrogating people and rping drawing things in my notebook then i got shot for running

mattehb

Proton
Nebulae
its been too long since i can remember the first days but this is probably a good summary of it

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
I was perma banned from LP on like my second day lol. I tried to kung fu kill a cp and shit.

This was like 2014-2015? maybe even 2013

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
My first ever official RP experience was back in 2002 and in middle school. Friends that I had just met several weeks in the school year invited me to play D&D. At that time I had no idea what that was, but the little explanation I received gave me enough interest.

My GM, Dan (R.I.P.) had books from 2.0 to 3.5, but him and the others LARP'd rather than use paper and pens or miniatures. I was instantly hooked, though initally confused due to how open my options were. We had character sheets, stats, and items from the official books but since it was freeform LARP it really did not mich matter.

We would spend moat of our time in middle school and through highschool playing D&D. Eventually, we actually learned how to really play the games we would typically LARP, but TTRPGs have always been a huge part of my life.

16 years of playing, GMing, and co-GMing so many games and campaigns, I still love RPGs. It is one of the things I am most passionate about, and I doubt that will ever change.

Carolum

Neutrino
Nebulae
I don't even remember my first rolepalying experience, but I can say it went pretty badly. I didn't speak and understand English well.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
My first RP experiance was on Cortex Roleplay. This would be on in SC2 and for the longest while I did it.

Then, for hl2rp. I remember joining this random server and had a character called "The Worker" who went from city to city looking for work.

Rhys

String
Nebulae
When my girlfriend handcuffed me to the bed whilst wearing a police woman's uniform.

But on Gmod, back in 2012-13, I joined a HL2RP Server, it was the most popular one at the time but I can't put my finger on the name of the community.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Aftershock gaming early 2015 within a week of joining I became a dagger unit and ran the CP faction into the ground

the server was actually pretty big consistently and got about 60-70 people on it daily

In retrospect it probably wasn't a good first experience as I got alot of bad habits from it and it had alot of staff members which are infamous for being weird and looking like Peter Griffin during their WW2 reenactment post a pic of yourself incidents.

Vasey105

Proton
Nebulae
joined epsilon, which was starship troopers rp, quite a few years ago. was great fun. joined it when i was so young to not really know what was going on but still got really into it. just went back and checked their forum (which is still up and active amazingly) and i registered to it a few days after my 13th birthday back in 2011. started off pretty young

first hl2rp experience was on a server with @Rhys where, without ever playing or knowing what hl2 was (other than that it was a game i needed for gmod), i helped create the resistance in that community. honestly my favourite rp memories were in those early stages where i didnt pay any mind to the behind the scenes stuff or rp and got totally immersed into the like "this is the world im living in and everyone's actions have real consequences" sortve thing. good fun, wish i could relive it.

Last edited:
Nebulae
First HL2RP experience: Was told not to run, said no and ran right behind CP when they weren't looking, they turned around and beat me. I never ran again.

Sparky

Proton
Nebulae
started in 2013, mainly was just some low level servers that i don't really remember the name of
first community i actually invested time in later that year was called HIVE, sort of miss those days tbh

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Started roleplaying in TaconBanana, which was at a huge peak at the time. It was really the only dedicated serious platform of its kind and had a huge playerbase that filled 5 servers at the time.

They had FOUR half life 2 RP servers, which included

1) City, which had 40 players
2) Canals, which usually had about 20
3) Outlands, which usually had about 15-20
4) Inner Nexus, which was used for CP training and passive and had about 10-15 players on.

Then you had the Terminator Roleplay server, @Powley and others including myself fucking adored this server. This server had 30+ people on at a time.

The community was great, roleplay was of a really great quality and DaveBrown was a seriously active developer and community head that often played killing floor with me and a couple other guys. Couple of lead admins died, and we held ceremonies and shit, was really nice.

The server only started to really decline when GMOD got really popular, and a lot of younger people came on with their own notion of roleplay and made RP what it is now, really. It lacks of a lot of its charm and has a lot of whining in it. One thing i love about Davebrown and his moderation and rules of the servers is that it's HIS vision for what is right and wrong, and there were no loopholes.

I saw a man on Terminator roleplay get killed by a /event of a terminator sniping him the moment he left base on his own. Absolutely brutal.

I wish that kind of challenge and community focus came back.

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae
i didnt know how to truly rp three years ago and i was on nebulous or something, i had played hl2rp city and walked in the alleyway of i17 and ran into a group of prostitutes smoking and a pimp. i paid the hooker because i was bored out of my mind. i had no idea what a /med was but they started sucking my char off. i just sat there then went afk. when i came back i called the hooker a bitch/other things and minge punched her then ran outside only to be beat by the pimp.

Civil Protection

Electron
Nebulae
Well I was playing on combine control I had no idea about /mes or other things so I was just creating empty water cans from Q menu and I was throwing them to cops then I was just running away.