С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. Thread

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
was playing a lot of call of chernobyl a while ago with some mods (ai improvements, arsenal overhaul, ect) and on ironman. that is far more interesting since you cannot save scum yourself to a high level and the early game is fucking brutal where any death deletes your savegame

I can easily go through vanila CoP without dying at all, and I mean no save scumming and so on. Everything's basically laid out in my head from hours upon hours of gameplay

Been a while since I had misery installed and felt I was experienced enough, so I'm trying the same "Iron Man" deal with it. Had to restart my game about seven times due to AI being way too cheap at times. Believe it or not, only one of those deaths was caused by mutants (When the game decided to spawn a pack of cats, pseudodogs AND bloodsuckers as I was busy looting a pile of bandits)

Early game is actually easier, after a few quests and so on you start seeing bandits with bloody exo suits striding around. It's especially annoying when you can't see them through the shrubbery even though they can surgically remove your head with pistol caliber weaponry at hundreds of meters. Got really annoyed today because I had to rush back to skadovsk and nurse my wounds way too many times in one day