Information [2/8/19] Awakening - Directive [7:30PM BST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMadness

Firekeeper
Nebulae
Today for me persoanally, nothing happened specificly, a bunch of /events not targeting Psi-Tech's side, a little bit sad, admins responces times where second to none : (

Nebulae
Events are great. Tons of fun. Lots of shit I missed out on but seemed nice on the outset anyways.

Only problem with Day 2 is that the passive hours for the Union side are hard to endure because there's absolutely nothing at the blacksite besides a CP hub, a civilian barracks and a hardpoint. It's unlike the Depot where there were at least watchtowers with good angles into the yard, walls that betrayed a wasteland scenery and other cool shit like cell blocks and canal routes.

I'm sure this is the best staff could do on this map. Still, it says something when I prefer passive hours on I17 to the blacksite in this map.

That said, we combat RP with xenian players now. Cool shit. Thanks for bringing them in mid-event.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 4795

Thought I would share my thoughts on the event thus far.

Gonna start by saying the premium factions were a good call.

The Antlions are a blast to play as and the birds (as simple as they are) also add a nice variety to the setting. Variety is what HL2RP needs the most right now and these two factions alone did a nice job of mixing things up. Can't wait to see how the Bullsquid plays.

As for the event itself, it's simplistic, but nevertheless fun.

I'm kinda getting Heavy Snow vibes from this with the whole each faction gets their own part of the map type thing. The action is great fun too, shooting at NPCs is always a simple way to get some clean fun in. The event itself is going quite well IMO. But when it comes to the story itself, you tend to run into some issues. I've talked to a variety of people and many of them only have a vague sense of the story and what is actually going on (This might be on purpose I really don't know). I myself have very little grasp on what we are doing here to be completely honest. All I've gathered so far is that we have been seeing strange figures out of light that tell stories of the past and there seems to be some sort of scientific data collection occurring in the name of the Union out of a request from the Advisiors. As for the rebel story, I myself haven't got a clue what to make of what's going on.

I think the reason for the lack of a clear story is the fact that sometimes key parts of the story will occur when some people are not on. This means that different people will have different story fragments that can sometimes be all over the place, and trying to tie them together can be quite a project. This isn't the fault of the event itself, it's just the way things are with HL2RP events that are long term. The group I play with consist of about 4-5 other players, and despite all the bits of the story that we had across playing at different times, we still didn't have a confident understanding of what exactly is going on. Maybe future occurrences within the event will be more eye opening? I'm not sure. But regardless, the event is quite fun and a respectable mix up from the standard RP experience.

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
whats the goal here? it feels so misdirected, like there's no aim, no guidance, nothing to achieve or gain or fight towards. just an empty wasteland with npc headcrabs, flying bird players that are carrying around baby doll props and respawning antlions that get shot every 15 minutes, rebels spamming the ground with their stunsticks and spamming voice commands. haven't seen a lick of life from the union side, at all. can't speak for loyalist factions, but rebels is pretty dull right about now.

it’s pretty unrealistic to have a constant objective or goal set - there will be downtime. it’s unavoidable

the union is generally doing better at creating things to do in the mean time from what I’ve seen though, mainly because they need to maintain a ton of infrastructure, feed everyone, and deal with quantal imprints among other science-y shit.

but, I can relate to you. as someone with a wacky timezone, it’s real hard to play the ‘meat’ of the event, and sometimes it feels a bit dreary. i’m still enjoying it though, as I said above, playing a union faction is always pretty entertaining, even when the server is slow.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Are the birds as bad as I got told? Apparently they’re just annoying fucking minge machines.
it’s just they can’t /me so every bit resorts to flying about to piss people off

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
And flying around to meta into people’s conversations and shit?

god what an unnecessary faction introduction

Yeah, ngl, do agree with you pilot.
maybe if they were given rules and the such, sure, but they are a mess.
also;

o7iur7kyp2701.png
Much like the cats, the birds are spies as well.
The Proselytes would make Mao proud.

Last edited:

axido

whatttttttt
Nebulae
caw caw haha hehe birds were funny for the first 30 seconds when the server was booting

they are a complete and utter nonsensical annoyance for anyone interested in roleplaying properly and are just annoyingly intrusive - literally observer for donators with the ability to read peoples rp logs which not everyone might be cool with, i really hope they are just a thing for this event only

wouldn't dare call it a faction its a darkrp job

ps im shooting every single bird i see caw caw

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Usually with these kinds of factions - especially one that can't /me in a roleplay server (what on earth what were you thinking) - need proper handling otherwise they are memes.

I can easily see birds being something of actual RP and actual serious use in a server, an unhackable, untraceable messaging system if caught and tamed and without it, some good simple fun when regulated as to not get too out of hand.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You know, in hindsight I always seem to be the only person that can look at something like birds or even fucking cremators and go "yeah I could make that work with a little elbow grease" and I don't honestly understand why people are surprised when those factions appear and have shit management or shit rules or stupid stuff like not being able to /me or ancient broken sweps and then they blame the faction - not its players, not it's rules, not it's management, not its server side stuff.

It kinda pisses me off to see good roleplaying opportunities squandered tbh

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
birds are shit and can only fly into people’s rp and meta

@Jaydawg easy fix, like people don’t understand bird speak, birds don’t understand people speak

Even /me’s from roleplayers should come from a birds point of view. “The giant bipedal things does something your stupid bird brain can’t possibly comprehend.”

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
birds are shit and can only fly into people’s rp and meta

@Jaydawg easy fix, like people don’t understand bird speak, birds don’t understand people speak

Even /me’s from roleplayers should come from a birds point of view. “The giant bipedal things does something your stupid bird brain can’t possibly comprehend.”
God forbid you ever find out food driven parasites that take over human bodies as hosts exist on our server

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
God forbid you ever find out food driven parasites that take over human bodies as hosts exist on our server

It’s a lot more logical for my character to go “A head crab, shoot it!”

Then my character going “A pigeon, shoot it!”

Also, crabs are x2 the size of a bird and can’t fly into rp, and make a fuckton of noise.

Are you here to stir shit or something? That response you made added nothing or suggested nothing.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It’s a lot more logical for my character to go “A head crab, shoot it!”

Then my character going “A pigeon, shoot it!”

Also, crabs are x2 the size of a bird and can’t fly into rp, and make a fuckton of noise.

Are you here to stir shit or something? That response you made added nothing or suggested nothing.
No I'm here to make a point that I don't want half-assed RP in an event that only like half the people can join to dictate the fate of a faction that otherwise would actually be good if it was properly done.

Also headcrab players famously interrupt RP, you're insane if you don't think there's not about 5 other factions that are also known for breaking up RP.

Also, dumb spamming me ain't gonna make my points be any less valid.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Also, dumb spamming me ain't gonna make my points be any less valid.

You’re not meant to complain about ratings.

Also headcrab players famously interrupt RP, you're insane if you don't think there's not about 5 other factions that are also known for breaking up RP.

Your point is...? Everyone shits on those factions but they at least give a semblance of change and add to the depth of the area f done right.

The factions addition was just wholly unnecessary. There’s nothing you can do as a bird that does the environment right.

The sweps good for event usage and all but anywhere else?

No I'm here to make a point that I don't want half-assed RP in an event that only like half the people can join to dictate the fate of a faction that otherwise would actually be good if it was properly done.

You can’t properly do a faction that’s been memed to death exclusively for 6 years as a gag to Premium faction, and then expect people not to RP those meme ambitions of the faction.

Stelios

Nucleus
Nebulae
Just saying, giving what is basically a glorified observer to any person with premium rank is a recipe for metagaming fuckfests if we ignore the simple memes

Antlion was a great addition though, haven't seen any memeing, just good old fashioned S2RP

Status
Not open for further replies.