Information [2/8/19] Awakening - Directive [7:30PM BST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
If people wanna metagame they'll do so regardless and in far more untraceable ways than sitting around on birds lol.

Reactions: List

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You’re not meant to complain about ratings.
So?

Your point is...? Everyone shits on those factions but they at least give a semblance of change and add to the depth of the area f done right.

The factions addition was just wholly unnecessary. There’s nothing you can do as a bird that does the environment right.

The sweps good for event usage and all but anywhere else?
Except these people aren't doing it right in an environment where they've not been managed right. If headcrab players could do nothing but chirp and growl at you, they'd be the exact same because they cannot roleplay on a roleplaying server.

And honestly, the fact you can't think of positive things to do with them just shows your limited imagination and inability to think of new concepts for roleplay, not the faction itself.

As for the ability to fly, fuck yeah dude. Let's imagine this for a second:
I'm an undercover operative deep behind enemy lines. Any usage of a radio, or possession of one that I shouldn't have will spell my death. I cannot give a letter to someone to deliver on my half for fear of being betrayed. So what am I to do? Tame a bird, or have a tamed bird come to me and take my letter to the people I want it delivered to on my behalf, because I know the bird will not have ulterior motive and has been trained to deliver the letters for me.

Birds were instrumental for spies in both world wars and you honestly can't for a single second think of a single usage for them in the server? Yeah, okay.

Have a read of this in your free time btw:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_pigeon

You can’t properly do a faction that’s been memed to death exclusively for 6 years as a gag to Premium faction, and then expect people not to RP those meme ambitions of the faction.
Of course I can. I'm the guy that firmly believes I can make the cremator faction run flawlessly if given the opportunity and resources.

I get that it's been the biggest meme for god knows how long, and I'm 100% fine with it being a meme in an event, however I wholeheartedly and seriously want birds to be a faction that exist and are used in the main server, with proper management, proper rules and a serious playerbase and I don't want the memes that are happening on the event to make BQ and the SA's think the faction can't be done properly.

Just saying, giving what is basically a glorified observer to any person with premium rank is a recipe for metagaming fuckfests if we ignore the simple memes
Metagame is something that will always exist, the only thing we can do is punish people we see using it for that purpose, as we would with anyone metagaming.

D

Deleted member 5162

The entire idea of birds seems like a fun idea, but it was poorly executed, if you're going to give away the bird faction to everyone with Premium like a candy, expect people that dont understand it's actual role and take it unserious, or abuse it for their own achievements, even. (Find out what CPs/People are doing, where is what, etc). Birds should be allowed to actually roleplay, (Shit on people's clothes, steal food, beg for food, etc), which sounds pretty fun if you ask me, but when there are almost no rules, no restrictions, no context of the bird faction, of course you're going to have people fucking around with people.

Like I said, fun idea, but poorly executed, this needs some re-work, the Antlion faction works like a Zombie faction though, and everyone understands its basic concept; Kill and eat everything, while as a bird, you just live and do whatever you want, with no real point of playing as one, unless you want to do something what bird would definitely not do, (Push people, walk around them or stand on top of their head, fly around them and constantly make carr carr sounds.), but some people like @FieldersNL are actually doing a fine job, he made a nest for his bird and actually behaves like one, he understands its basic concept and has set-up his own objectives and restrictions, he's an Operator after all.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Nebulous: Why are we being restricted from this tool/desire/oppertunity that can cause chaos? We should be able do/have it regardless of massive risks.

Also Nebulous: THIS FUN JOKE CAN BE USED TO POTENTIALLY META. REMOVE IT. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE THIS WAS ALLOWED.

If only some of you applied this level of healthy suspicion to the real issues.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Nebulous: Why are we being restricted from this tool/desire/oppertunity that can cause chaos? We should be able do/have it regardless of massive risks.

Also Nebulous: THIS FUN JOKE CAN BE USED TO POTENTIALLY META. REMOVE IT. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE THIS WAS ALLOWED.

Staff: Take away abused tool/desire/opportunity

players that abused it: WTF, GIVE IT BACK, BAD ADMINS

Stelios

Nucleus
Nebulae

strawman meme my opinion all you want, I didn't ask for its entire removal, just that it shouldn't be given out like that

you should've seen birds mingepunching cops, spamming paint tool and dropping eggs to shit on people, or landing on their heads, dropping corpses nearby

@GenericPlayer

W850jLH.jpg

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Another legitimate usage for birds: Keeping them for egg farming as a hungry ass rebel.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
Metagame is something that will always exist, the only thing we can do is punish people we see using it for that purpose, as we would with anyone metagaming.

something easily preventable is it not existing

THIS FUN JOKE CAN BE USED TO POTENTIALLY META. REMOVE IT. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE THIS WAS ALLOWED.

tfw when people make gags at the head staff and they genuinely take the bait

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
or y'know just blacklist anyone that's caught metagaming with it, same with literally every faction ever and the server as a whole :thinking:

Shame metagame is a prevalent thing that’s unpreventable?

Like what’s stopping me from going up, reconing and telling my friends and act like im just rping if an admin chats shit up with me

it’s not detectable, you can’t detect meta unless the server owner, decides to screenpeek you with some discord sharing info which is cumbersome as fuck

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Shame metagame is a prevalent thing that’s unpreventable?

Like what’s stopping me from going up, reconing and telling my friends and act like im just rping if an admin chats shit up with me

it’s not detectable, you can’t detect meta unless the server owner, decides to screenpeek you with some discord sharing info which is cumbersome as fuck
I mean we used to literally have a command that admins could use that let you watch peoples screens, just saying, back in CW times.

Also, sure, we can't stop the source of meta, but we can definitely ban people that use it to avoid sweeps or kill people, because that shit is usually pretty obvious, and it's easy to go "prove to us who gave you the info and we'll ban them and not you".

Twar

The truth is out there
Nebulae
I mean we used to literally have a command that admins could use that let you watch peoples screens, just saying, back in CW times.

Also, sure, we can't stop the source of meta, but we can definitely ban people that use it to avoid sweeps or kill people, because that shit is usually pretty obvious, and it's easy to go "prove to us who gave you the info and we'll ban them and not you".
Homie that command was never used in nebulous because it's very bad

You're thinking of Lemonpunch, don't get them mixed up please that could bring a lot of flack

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Homie that command was never used in nebulous because it's very bad

You're thinking of Lemonpunch, don't get them mixed up please that could bring a lot of flack
Whoopsie, it all kinda blends together for me tbh

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

no they don’t

and how long did k4e go on for, that isn’t the slowdown of the admins and I’m glad they gave him time to not be a shithead but it didn’t work and his damage was done

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
no they don’t

and how long did k4e go on for, that isn’t the slowdown of the admins and I’m glad they gave him time to not be a shithead but it didn’t work and his damage was done
Okay, so let's remove the argument of meta from reasons against birds for a second, outside of that - if it is as inescapable as you say - what other reasons do you have against birds outside of short sighted personal problems that can be solved with you just not applying for the faction?

Status
Not open for further replies.