News 2020 Christmas Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
CWU Reforms: Are you aware of/considering the idea that was suggested by @Chris a while ago?
I'm aware that it was denied/left in suggestion limbo hell when it was first suggested, but honestly, it was one of the best reform suggestions I've ever seen and I want to take a moment to dredge it from the depths so that it has a chance to possibly shine. It makes a lot more sense on an actual distribution sense, and will mean we don't have to worry about warehouses that much for choice of map.

Thread: https://nebulous.cloud/threads/distribution-the-wildcard-cwu-reform.43581/
While being a very good suggestion. I remember having a very hard time actually implementing it due to many reasons including the "physical" limitations of the game mode itself. It was a good suggestion, but when put into practice, it just didn't work out.

The parts of the suggestion that worked out were implemented; While the parts that didn't, were discarded. I'm actually pretty sure some of it could be implemented today, If I think back on my old self a year ago, I probably didn't have as much trust in the player base as I do today. (aka. it should 100% be looked at again, but I doubt much will come from it)

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i’m gonna bring back genjo fai and maybe the cage fights :grinning:
That sounds boss tbh, cage fighting has always been a staple of underground rp imo

i really wanna see some japanese gang shit turf war play out
[doublepost=1608499802][/doublepost]
I wanna look into doing some cool stuff on the surface Rebel-Wise, maybe start up something. CWU-wise, event shifts.
Surface stuff is always great, tho hard to pull off so good luck

Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
That sounds boss tbh, cage fighting has always been a staple of underground rp imo

[doublepost=1608499802][/doublepost]
Surface stuff is always great, tho hard to pull off so good luck
Raiden 2021 goals, bring back Ziggy?

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Raiden 2021 goals, bring back Ziggy?
I do want to but I am trying to think of a goal for him

his mission for so long was quite simply to survive lol, he did it but i fear i missed out cos i didnt apply him in many events

deffo would get involved in more events in the future

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

aye i did some xenian cage fighting ring in joseon and i wanna try that out again in city 8 in conjunction with the new pack full of aliens that deathwolf made

we'll see

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
aye i did some xenian cage fighting ring in joseon and i wanna try that out again in city 8 in conjunction with the new pack full of aliens that deathwolf made

we'll see
@Deathwolf coming to get me to play my Joseon sword-wielding Biotic again just to fight in the pits with him

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
1sqlyZx.png

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
While being a very good suggestion. I remember having a very hard time actually implementing it due to many reasons including the "physical" limitations of the game mode itself. It was a good suggestion, but when put into practice, it just didn't work out.

The parts of the suggestion that worked out were implemented; While the parts that didn't, were discarded. I'm actually pretty sure some of it could be implemented today, If I think back on my old self a year ago, I probably didn't have as much trust in the player base as I do today. (aka. it should 100% be looked at again, but I doubt much will come from it)
I'm curious what you mean by "physical limitations" as most of it seemed pretty doable.

I'm also curious what parts were kept, as honestly, it both feels and looks like nothing changed or was taken from this suggestion, but I'm glad you're willing to look at it again.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
I'm curious what you mean by "physical limitations" as most of it seemed pretty doable.

I'm also curious what parts were kept, as honestly, it both feels and looks like nothing changed or was taken from this suggestion, but I'm glad you're willing to look at it again.
Thank you, I'll try to explain.

I wrote a shit-ton of stuff only to delete it because I realized that most of the stuff that's in the suggestion is do-able. The only problem was that it at that point, as well as now, didn't make sense due to the way stores were played. Stores having 5 pallets of product in the backroom is something which is allowed today, but it just doesn't make sense since the demand that stores have, most of the time, is something like "can I purchase 5 beer and 5 backpacks". The whole off-server supply and demand thing makes sense for storing products in the warehouses, but not for stores.

Another problem with the suggestion was changing up how CWU raids worked. At first, it seemed do-able, but when brought up to faction overseers it was turned down due to being too over-powered, as well as because we didn't want the faction to exist primarily for resistance factions to raid. This is something that's up for change now though since there are new cwu leads. To add to this, the suggestion seemed biased because it suggested removing cameras from the warehouses; Something which would also promote raiding the warehouse.

The suggestion about production shifts being changed was accepted and brought into play; The only problem was changing the CWU-players' mindset. At no point were production shifts like the ones detailed in the suggestion not allowed, it's just that the average cwu-player didn't do them. What we did do, however, was change the cwu storage to hold an infinite amount of scripts, removing the need to do those boring shifts entirely.

To wrap this up, almost everything about the suggestion was already allowed, and do-able on the server (changing how stores looked, how production shifts worked, how supplies were brought to stores). What was a problem, however, was having to limit the cwu-player and store owners to doing what was detailed in the suggestion, and only that. I personally wanted the player to have freedom of how they play.

Additionally, the suggestion of turning one of the warehouses into a distribution store was also added, it just wasn't really used, since we had a perfect distribution store in the middle of the city. (Up near the ration distribution center).

TL;DR, most of the stuff in the suggestion was already do-able for cwu-players and store owners, but changing the individuals' mindset of how they go about conducting their work would prove hard. Additionally, the suggestion about changing cwu warehouse raids wasn't allowed by faction overseers, as well as us leads at that point, because they seemed biased and overpowered. What WAS changed, however, was removing the need for production shifts, as well as adding a distribution store to the warehouse.

Grand

out of retirement
Nebulae
My plans for the new map are to be more active on my rebel :)

D

Deleted member 7099

speaking of roleplay i might go thru some hoops to make a karate dojo in the (nonrebel parts of the) city, convince cab to let it exist and beat the shit out of every dispatch player so they respect my strength and don't shut it down

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I hope we get event boxes so we can do cool event box shifts, the citie's a bit too small to do major shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.