News 2020 Christmas Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
A RETURN TO ASIA.
THE TRUTH OF JOE'S SON.

THE CHAEBOL AND ZAIBATSU CLASH AGAIN FOR A POLITICAL HOSTAGE OF UNFATHOMABLE VALUE.

93c446bc79de64156a28ba5d0115ef4d.png

HUNTER
A @Dallas EVENT

Reactions: List

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
hey now deathwolf’s pack is being added i can do more cage fights haha

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
First off, I'm very happy to find out the news, though my big questions are the following:

What version of the City 8 map?
I'm aware you said that there's gonna be a separate announcement that'll discuss the event and so on, and I imagine it'll probably say what version plus what edits have been made but is it possible to tell us what version will be used as the basis for the edits, and by extension, how extensive the edits will be? It'd be handy for store-owner characters who base their characters, and by extension their roleplay, around their stores to know, so we can get an idea of what/where to expect, using previous experiences to guess likely store locations. I for one as of last night just finished making my character's salon/spa, and having some idea of where I might have to rebuild it would be appreciated. Lastly, if you can't actually say, do you think you could give a timeframe for when the aforementioned separate announcement will be made?

How long do we have left on the current map? Even if it's just a rough idea.
As mentioned before, I for one just finished building my store and I imagine there are others who've been building things/planning things and it'd be handy to have an idea if by this time next week we'll be on the new map, or if it'll be a month or two after the new year, or the like, just so we know if we should continue building as if we have a decent amount of time to get some use from it or if we should hold off.

How extensive are the "New/overhauled crafting recipes" and will they be adding any non-resistance focused recipes?
As a lot of people know, I once supported and attempted to help make a crafting recipe overhaul focused around food items with the hope of revolutionising roleplay around cooking, and whilst I doubt that this is of the scale I hoped for then, I'm curious if there will be any recipes that won't be focused around metal/plastic/etc that everyday people can use, rather than it just being more stuff to be put behind the crafting flag barrier that only the traders or even purely the Railroad will get to use.

Drug Overhaul: Will applications be a thing for knowledge surrounding production, who will manage said applications, when will they go up if at all, how will farming work - will it be like current farming for stuff like weed, etc?
I know that it says that there will be a video up soon and I imagine it'll show off effects and possibly how the farming will work, but as someone that has been very interested in having a character that is able to create/distribute drugs for a long time, I'm very curious how we'll be able to get the knowledge, if it's an IC thing, a formal application thing under the traders or if it'll be something that'll be managed by char auths, and so on. I imagine this will also have its own announcement, but y'know, curiosity.

CWU Reforms: Are you aware of/considering the idea that was suggested by @Chris a while ago?
I'm aware that it was denied/left in suggestion limbo hell when it was first suggested, but honestly, it was one of the best reform suggestions I've ever seen and I want to take a moment to dredge it from the depths so that it has a chance to possibly shine. It makes a lot more sense on an actual distribution sense, and will mean we don't have to worry about warehouses that much for choice of map.

Thread: https://nebulous.cloud/threads/distribution-the-wildcard-cwu-reform.43581/

key

Nebulae
bpuHsuG.png
Hello everyone and happy holidays!

With 2020 shortly coming to a close (thank fuck), we’ve been preparing a giant update to roll out for HL2RP. Since things have been quiet, we figured it’s better to make a big post.

city8.png

I’m sure some of you saw this one coming a mile away, so let’s get it out of the way first- The whole c24/district 0 idea was an experiment. We wanted to see if the change to c24 would shake things up and if the map was sustainable. If the changes made to v2 were enough to fix the issues we had with v1. They weren’t. The map has been a failed experiment in my eyes, but I’m glad we at least gave it a fair shake

Fact is, the main flaws of the map still hold strong as they did back then.

We'll be swapping to the one, the only - City 8. Content pack will be updated to reflect this when the time is right. We're examining the idea of getting some edits to it as well. There will be another separate announcement with the accompanying event.

Overall I think the c24 and our way of doing things are incompatible.

Now, that’s not to say the map is the only issue at the moment. Far from the case, it's just one of the more glaring issues.

arccw.png

For a good while, Jaydawg and Sleepymode have been working on converting all of our current weapons to a new, more up to date weapon base. That of course being ArcCW. All weapons have been updated and converted to the base and will be swapped over when everything is pushed

We will post on the content thread when the pack is updated with the necessary addons.

gunmodel1.png

gunmodel2.png

gunmodel3.png

loreteam.png

I recently overhauled the lore team and restarted the team with a fresh slate, it consists of mainly staff members at the moment since it’s still in the early stages, however there are plans to have non-staff able to join as members.

On top of that, we’re planning out systems that can allow us to incorporate more driven narratives into the server. Narratives that have arcs - beginning, middles and ends as well as ones that we can link into previous events. Maintaining a consistent and cohesive world and story.

Also, the timeline will be fully updated and the Race-X narrative is in full swing. I hope by reforming and effectively restarting the lore team, we can see narratives through completely and cycle from one to another.

rb6.png

Crafting and progression is one of the areas we’ve been focusing our attention on recently. We’ve come up with a new system that we’re going to be trialling and implementing. It’s essentially a ‘recycler’, a way to make actual use out of the basic materials like scrap metal. It’ll turn them into actual metals that will be used in new/overhauled crafting recipes.

Alex has been working on this with the other devs, expect it to be pushed with everything else.

We also haven’t forgotten about the RB6 idea! We still very much plan to implement the idea in some form when we’ve swapped maps, we might need to make adjustments and changes to it but we’re going to, once again, experiment with the idea and see what we can make work and what’s unfeasible.

I won’t bore you with the details, it’ll all be out in the open once it’s ready and live.

drugs.png

You’ve all been asking for it for a while, so we’re going to go forward with it. We’re looking into implementing changes to how drug scripts work, how to acquire them as well as some other stuff like visual effects, farming related things etc. On the way shortly, we'll have a small video of it soon.

cwu.png

Speaking of reforms, one of the factions I’m going to be looking into getting a reform going with, I know some people have some ideas on how to improve the faction and bring some fresh ideas. It’s still in early stages but it’ll get done. No details yet, drawing board stage​

injury.png

We're looking into adding a couple more roleplay-oriented features, this will be one of them - previous gamemodes have had injury systems before, I don't think we'll completely go down the same route but we do want to tinker with the idea and we'll have more information on it as it's made. Again, we'll have some footage of it very shortly.

misc.png

We’re gonna be updating the content pack once again soon, both with ArcCW stuff + The xenian models that were compiled together by @Deathwolf We’re also looking at some other smaller addons as well, will be testing them and adding them.

The first backpack that you equip will now actually appear on your character, it’s a small change but a nice detail. We’re looking to add more things like this as well.
pacbag1.png

pacbag2.png

pacbag3.png

I'd like to end by extending a thank you to everyone who's stuck with us up to this point as we continue to move forward and tinker with various ideas. What's listed on the thread is only what's confirmed to be coming shortly, we still have various other ideas that are still in a conceptual phase.

We've been closely monitoring feedback for several weeks now and we'll continue to do so moving forward. Special thanks to @Flanders for the banners and @Jaydawg for the developer pics. More to come, we're just getting started.

Have a wonderful winter and happy holidays!
Oh fuck yeah this hits the spot

frentium

radiation is just spicy air
Nebulae
How long do we have left on the current map? Even if it's just a rough idea.
After Christmas, probably some time in January at a rough guess?

Just continue as normal for now, no need to get worked up all over it, stuff will follow soon enough.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
After Christmas, probably some time in January at a rough guess?

Just continue as normal for now, no need to get worked up all over it, stuff will follow soon enough.
Thing is, Christmas is only next week which why I was wondering. Hopefully BQ can shed some light come tomorrow.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Without going into too much detail I've spoken to someone about a past event and how we can establish some continuity and connections between them
You think you can get people to go over the archived events?
There's far too much stuff sitting there that's absent off the lore pages.

mars bars are boring, people want kobayashi sushi
the people cry out for some chinese emperor fish

Mickey Toast

All I do is post art and shitpost in OOC chat
Nebulae
aqAZfhjaCKCUYFCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFCUFKCFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCFK

Status
Not open for further replies.