A-Level Photography?

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Heya,

Has anyone done A-Level photography? I am wondering because I have started my course, and I am a tad stuck on what to do. Our topic is 'Identity'. Very vague, but I ask you all for themes relating to identity that I can take photos of please? Thank you.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Try taking some photos of some stuff around your local area, like statues or monuments - relate it your towns identity etc. That's what I'd do if I was doing Photography anyway.

Identity is a really abstract concept that you can do pretty much anything wth

Lynx

Dig Down, and find faith.
Nebulae
Heya,

Has anyone done A-Level photography? I am wondering because I have started my course, and I am a tad stuck on what to do. Our topic is 'Identity'. Very vague, but I ask you all for themes relating to identity that I can take photos of please? Thank you.
I'd personally touch on the idea of self-identity; go really outlandish with it. It's quite big nowadays, the idea of self-identity with at least 7 new genders being pumped out of tumblr a second, but I'm sure you can do some interesting shit with the idea of transgender modelling etcetc.

Reactions: List

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
I got real spiritual and I was thinking of doing how people lose their identity within the modern day when they try to fit in, which leads to things such as self harm, depression, anxiety, etc.

God, I sound like this
Hatred.jpg

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
I got real spiritual and I was thinking of doing how people lose their identity within the modern day when they try to fit in, which leads to things such as self harm, depression, anxiety, etc.

God, I sound like this
Hatred.jpg
I mean I'm sure it's one of those tasks where it's like "there isn't really a wrong answer" unless you show up with nothing.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Wait
Is this in school or during your free time?
Basically in England, between school and university we have college and a-levels. A-levels are what get us onto University courses. Not sure what it's like in Sweden or other EU countries but that's what it's like here if you go down that route.

So it's sort of like school, sort of - depends which college you go to.

Nebulae
During school. A-Levels.
It's a GCSE.

So it's in school.

He does all the work in his spare time taking photos.
Basically in England, between school and university we have college and a-levels. A-levels are what get us onto University courses. Not sure what it's like in Sweden or other EU countries but that's what it's like here if you go down that route.

So it's sort of like school, sort of - depends which college you go to.
AwTiaVG.jpg

Nebulae
In sweden we go to normal school until grade 9, then we choose a gymnasium (I guess that's the Swedish version of a high school) and we go there for three years and if we want to we continue education we go to university or hög-skola as it's called in Swedish (Wich translates to "High School" funnily enough)

I'm correct right? @Mapo @Makro @Mortenzoni @Expax

Mapo

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
In sweden we go to normal school until grade 9, then we choose a gymnasium (I guess that's the Swedish version of a high school) and we go there for three years and if we want to we continue education we go to university or hög-skola as it's called in Swedish (Wich translates to "High School" funnily enough)

I'm correct right? @Mapo @Makro @Mortenzoni @Expax

Yeah kinda bro

Here is the swedish school system:

Pre-school: Pre-school is like a group activity for children aged from 1 year until they start school. We call it "Dagis" here in sweden!

Pre-school class: The preschool class is a non-compulsory form of education within the public school system, designed to prepare children for compulsory school and to stimulate each child's learning! You usually learn basics of reading and writing. We call it "Förskola" here!

Compulsory school: Compulsory school is mandatory and is open to all children aged 7-16. The same standard of education is to be provided throughout the country. It's split into two (or three) parts, primary, secondary education. There is no word for it in swedish, we just split it like the key stages. Lågstadiet, mellanstadiet och högstadiet.

Upper secondary school: Every school in Sweden is required by law to offer all students who have completed compulsory school an upper secondary education. Upper secondary education is free and a non-compulsory form of school. There are a LOT of programs, all of which are 3-year programs. The programs provide a general education and eligibility to study at the university or post-secondary level. We call it "gymnasium"

Tertiary education/post secondary-school: basically university

I know all of this because I've been working with this and comparing it to other school systems, for instance the school system in England!

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Sounds like a shit class to be honest.

Art should be fluid and brought about via inspiration, not because some dingo teacher who studied art in a university decided your art was shit or not.

Art tended to be judged by the masses or a certain social group, such as exotic paintings being sold to nobles while normal paintings / carvings might be sold to the common folk so if you weren't appealing to them then you weren't getting your art sold.

This, however, is centralized around the ego of one person (your teacher) and his perspective on art and whether he believes it is art or not.

I would never take a course like this with these types of obstacles in your way if it were me but to each is his own.