A-Level Photography?

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Sounds like a shit class to be honest.

Art should be fluid and brought about via inspiration, not because some dingo teacher who studied art in a university decided your art was shit or not.

Art tended to be judged by the masses or a certain social group, such as exotic paintings being sold to nobles while normal paintings / carvings might be sold to the common folk so if you weren't appealing to them then you weren't getting your art sold.

This, however, is centralized around the ego of one person (your teacher) and his perspective on art and whether he believes it is art or not.

I would never take a course like this with these types of obstacles in your way if it were me but to each is his own.

They don't judge Art on whether or not it looks good in GCSE or A levels.

That's just not fair on people that can't draw, etc.

It's based more on knowledge of techniques and terminology.

With photography, you should know what lens and field of view to use for a particular shot, along with colour correction, etc.

While the teacher may not like it personally, you still get a good mark for doing it correctly.

Reactions: List

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
Sounds like a shit class to be honest.

Art should be fluid and brought about via inspiration, not because some dingo teacher who studied art in a university decided your art was shit or not.

Art tended to be judged by the masses or a certain social group, such as exotic paintings being sold to nobles while normal paintings / carvings might be sold to the common folk so if you weren't appealing to them then you weren't getting your art sold.

This, however, is centralized around the ego of one person (your teacher) and his perspective on art and whether he believes it is art or not.

I would never take a course like this with these types of obstacles in your way if it were me but to each is his own.
It's not about how well the pictures look. Well, it sort of is, however if you have meaning and reasonsing and context and story behind your pieces, that's what gets you the marks. I saw a video on someone describing their 100% portfolio for the subject, and their photos were mediocre by any standards. However the presentation, layout and justification of their photos got them the grade

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
First few shots came through! I spent a good solid three hours getting these, and I am pleased with them, considering they are my first professional ones. Little bits of Photoshop editing going in here and there too.

mOYzNkA.jpg

8YO03G7.jpg
HybewC8.jpg

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
First few shots came through! I spent a good solid three hours getting these, and I am pleased with them, considering they are my first professional ones. Little bits of Photoshop editing going in here and there too.

mOYzNkA.jpg

8YO03G7.jpg
HybewC8.jpg
Looks like the kinda thing you'd see used as advertisements in places like schools/colleges.

Not bad.

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

mOYzNkA.jpg

8YO03G7.jpg
HybewC8.jpg

I can do more photoshops if ya want.

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
I did an edit for some fun.

31aa5cb0d03b18d86f30b2d00ce4432d.png

If you want a less colourful picture, add a hue/saturation effect and put saturation to about -33%.
Very wonderfully done. I wish I could do photos as well as this. All I can do is black and white with colour in a certain area. My talents don't stretch any further.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
Funnily enough, forgot to reply to this, she is in fact Australian

oh my god, a female teacher.

you are fucked my dude.

my experience with female teachers (as a male) is that they want you to respect their authority while disrespecting it while complimenting them on their looks while hiding it due to professionalism like . . . . . . . . .

you see where i am going, right? i hope this is an online course for you mate because female teachers in the class room are hellish depending on whether you get the more testosterone filled one or estrogen filled one (hint: females with more estrogen have a crisis of identity or "wtf am i doing working" crisis whenever ive been in their classes and take it out on us)

just my experience

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
oh my god, a female teacher.

you are fucked my dude.

my experience with female teachers (as a male) is that they want you to respect their authority while disrespecting it while complimenting them on their looks while hiding it due to professionalism like . . . . . . . . .

you see where i am going, right? i hope this is an online course for you mate because female teachers in the class room are hellish depending on whether you get the more testosterone filled one or estrogen filled one (hint: females with more estrogen have a crisis of identity or "wtf am i doing working" crisis whenever ive been in their classes and take it out on us)

just my experience
My class is 90% girls. It's only me and this one other guy and he is gay.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
My class is 90% girls. It's only me and this one other guy and he is gay.

You might get hit on due to the status of being the only guy in the class but you will have to deal with their petty vendetta's, constant backstabbing, and gossip behind their backs.

God help you if they assume you are gay like the other guy and you reject their gossip; a fury of a women scorned is something you do not want to deal with when your the only guy. With so many girls there, you'll most likely be doing more talking than actual work as well so I hope you best of luck. You will need it when they get bored and treat you as an emotional tampon about "that time becky snubbed her at the bar Q_Q".

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
You might get hit on due to the status of being the only guy in the class but you will have to deal with their petty vendetta's, constant backstabbing, and gossip behind their backs.

God help you if they assume you are gay like the other guy and you reject their gossip; a fury of a women scorned is something you do not want to deal with when your the only guy. With so many girls there, you'll most likely be doing more talking than actual work as well so I hope you best of luck. You will need it when they get bored and treat you as an emotional tampon about "that time becky snubbed her at the bar Q_Q".

Lol my Media Studies class is 90% girls with a Male Teacher.

It's great.