A much needed apology

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
Made CAB fun for me and the interactions between our characters have certainly been the highlight of my time on neb. You're easy to talk to and always so much fun to discuss shit over steam with.

I'll miss you, but do what's right and take care.

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
obligated to say the following:

Goodbye! Wish you luck on any future games and hope we run into each other on one of them :D

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
bro i know we've done about nothing together, but from my time as staff and watching from the shadows, you've never been someone to talk someone down

i actually think you're one of the 'normal' people that play and do their thing around here, but i suppose it won't change much

just don't forget, if you ever come back, you're always welcomed back

also teamspeak sucks, use discord

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
always liked you pal, and hoping to see you stick around

aeromantis

senior trash
Nebulae
don't be so hard on yourself. teamspeak is a shitty environment, and I've fallen into the trap of doing exactly what you did. that's one of the reasons why I just stopped using teamspeak the few months before i left.
you were fun to talk to and are a good guy, I can tell, because you noticed the issue, and are taking steps to rectify that issue. A shitty person wouldn't go public with their mistakes, and certainly not feel bad about said mistakes.

I've been on the end of a resignation too hasty back in the old ww3rp, I resigned for reasons that weren't really grounded. I ended up regretting that resignation, even now as I think about it. take some time, the server would be worse off without you. while I haven't taken part in the events that you've run, i've heard of how good they've been, and our interactions on server, and on ts(before I stopped using it) have been nice.

in others words.
pls stay! I don't even play here anymore and I can see how much of an impact you have on the server, it'll definitely be worse off without you.
BUT.
if you really do feel the need, then go for it. I did the same.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You know, at the risk of sounding like an asshole, this apology irks me, Mael. I've seen it time and time again. Not to discredit you, but this feels like a textbook apology.

I'm gonna be honest, I gain nothing from this situation, but its stuff like this why I originally left the community, where someone gets caught out, and makes a blanket apology, while still leaving the people they originally hurt, hurt.

It might seem like a good idea, and maybe you had the best intentions with this post. But a post like this almost forces those hurt to 'forgive' you, else by the public (which you've involved with this post) will perceive them as petty, angry, and childish - which they might very well have reason to be such things towards you.

Tip for the future hombre, don't air your dirty laundry in public, keep it quiet and if you really want to apologise, be the better person and show them you've actually changed instead of saying it.

Take care all the same

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
You know, at the risk of sounding like an asshole, this apology irks me, Mael. I've seen it time and time again. Not to discredit you, but this feels like a textbook apology.

I'm gonna be honest, I gain nothing from this situation, but its stuff like this why I originally left the community, where someone gets caught out, and makes a blanket apology, while still leaving the people they originally hurt, hurt.

It might seem like a good idea, and maybe you had the best intentions with this post. But a post like this almost forces those hurt to 'forgive' you, else by the public (which you've involved with this post) will perceive them as petty, angry, and childish - which they might very well have reason to be such things towards you.

Tip for the future hombre, don't air your dirty laundry in public, keep it quiet and if you really want to apologise, be the better person and show them you've actually changed instead of saying it.

Take care all the same
You're right Powley and you don't sound like an asshole or anything. It was frequent behavior that I wasn't realizing until a single instance of it was played back to me for a single person, and I realized that if I didn't notice myself doing it right then and there, there's other people I've harmed in the past or near-present that I may not even remember who I want to see this, so they can approach me and tell me they're hurt and I can try and fix things with them individually.

I owe the community this apology as much as I do those people I may have harmed, I was trusted during my tenure as staff and a member of the community to do right by people and I got involved with a crowd that took pleasure in this behavior, and instead of having the self discipline to get away from it I kept going until it became a disgusting habit, so much so that I didn't realize what I was doing and thought of it as fun and games, or a joke.

Thanks for this though, I needed to hear that.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You're right Powley and you don't sound like an asshole or anything. It was frequent behavior that I wasn't realizing until a single instance of it was played back to me for a single person, and I realized that if I didn't notice myself doing it right then and there, there's other people I've harmed in the past or near-present that I may not even remember who I want to see this, so they can approach me and tell me they're hurt and I can try and fix things with them individually.

I owe the community this apology as much as I do those people I may have harmed, I was trusted during my tenure as staff and a member of the community to do right by people and I got involved with a crowd that took pleasure in this behavior, and instead of having the self discipline to get away from it I kept going until it became a disgusting habit, so much so that I didn't realize what I was doing and thought of it as fun and games, or a joke.

Thanks for this though, I needed to hear that.

Everybody can change, and I do believe there's a good person inside of you. If these people don't forgive you? Then you have to understand that also.

Speaking from experience, this is something you'll grow out of, but admitting you're the problem to begin with is a food step in the right direction. Make us proud, come back better.

Deleted member 4609

Doomboy / Femguy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Gonna take a break from the circlejerk really really ironically shitting on you for talking behind people’s backs and say take care dude, hope the people trying to slam the door into your heels as you move out doesn’t leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth either.

You’ve been incredibly nice to me, treated me well and spoken to me about a lot of personal stuff too, you’ve given me a lot of good laughs and a surprising amount of happiness considering we haven’t known eachother for all that long, the cab and rebel rp included being really fucking cool.

Enjoy the military and the training, hope you go far, cya homie x

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae
if he wants to leave, let him leave
even if we don't want to admit it, nebulous is a community that makes us toxic, there's a lot of things that adds to that, you can blame it on his personality being easy to become toxic, but i feel objectively it is fact that this community breeds toxicity, it made me toxic when i was younger

if he recognized that it made him toxic, great for him. he said his apology, if he wants to leave, well he knows better than any of us if that will be the best choice for him. im sure he came to the decision that its' best for him to leave by himself.

goodbye person i dont think ive ever talked to once, thanks for manning up to apologise

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
I don't think teamspeak sucks per se... i just think teamspeak sucks for a community of this size. It also sucks how the teamspeak has so many private channel, and the majority of people you'll find in teamspeak talk in those channels. if i'm lucky, there will be 3 random peeps in a public channel. i'll join, say 'hi' and then they either mute/deafen or just leave lol

idk if there's an official discord server for nebulous, but i do think teamspeak has well finished living in its glory days and is definitely more suitable for a small group of buds rather than a community with 7k members and a couple hundred active members

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I don't think teamspeak sucks per se... i just think teamspeak sucks for a community of this size. It also sucks how the teamspeak has so many private channel, and the majority of people you'll find in teamspeak talk in those channels. if i'm lucky, there will be 3 random peeps in a public channel. i'll join, say 'hi' and then they either mute/deafen or just leave lol

idk if there's an official discord server for nebulous, but i do think teamspeak has well finished living in its glory days and is definitely more suitable for a small group of buds rather than a community with 7k members and a couple hundred active members
it’s not so much the platform, its more the enrivonment being in a group call with a load of people creates

you do and say stupid shit for the laughs without actually realising you’re being a dickhead

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
We have an unused Discord. Discord sucks shit for larger communities, far more than TeamSpeak does.

Edit: Discord even struggles to handle more than 5 people talking at the same time, it's not going to replace TeamSpeak anytime soon.

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
We have an unused Discord. Discord sucks shit for larger communities, far more than TeamSpeak does.

Edit: Discord even struggles to handle more than 5 people talking at the same time, it's not going to replace TeamSpeak anytime soon.
yeah that is true. i did overlook how awful the audio is when you have a lot of people talking at once

wack

A kidney-sized tumor.
Nebulae
Sometimes I was so unaware of my words or what I was saying that I was doing this without even remembering that I'm doing it. Yeah, it's that bad.
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
alright can we go into that part of a thread where we ignore the drama and make memes and talk irrelevant stuff i kinda haven't seen one of these threads in a while