A much needed apology

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
alright can we go into that part of a thread where we ignore the drama and make memes and talk irrelevant stuff i kinda haven't seen one of these threads in a while

Probably cause these are the worst kind of threads. Let it run It'd course if you want memes try the hl2 screenshot thread PilotBland :)

D

Deleted member 3818

if he wants to leave, let him leave
even if we don't want to admit it, nebulous is a community that makes us toxic, there's a lot of things that adds to that, you can blame it on his personality being easy to become toxic, but i feel objectively it is fact that this community breeds toxicity, it made me toxic when i was younger

if he recognized that it made him toxic, great for him. he said his apology, if he wants to leave, well he knows better than any of us if that will be the best choice for him. im sure he came to the decision that its' best for him to leave by himself.

goodbye person i dont think ive ever talked to once, thanks for manning up to apologise
I don't think the community really breeds toxicity, people naturally have the desire to say and do mean things it's just a matter of self discipline. Everyone slips up sometimes and says stuff they're not proud of but its up to the individual to recognise the bad behaviour and control it.

Reactions: List

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
I don't think the community really breeds toxicity, people naturally have the desire to say and do mean things it's just a matter of self discipline. Everyone slips up sometimes and says stuff they're not proud of but its up to the individual to recognise the bad behaviour and control it.
Isn't necessarily the community yeah, I don't blame anyone but myself for slipping into the wrong crowds and partaking in that behavior because I could have just walked away from it before it started in the first place. It's a daily occurrence with the teamspeak though and it's become a nasty habit for a lot of people on there. What we took as having banter and laughs was actually hurting other people. It may not necessarily breed toxicity but it harbors crowds that do and I don't reccomend going on there unless there's a good reason.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Never been any beef between us, but I'm glad to hear you're taking some time to self-reflect. No need to completely exile yourself, as I'm sure many of us would miss you. Though, if you feel like you need to think some things through, you've got all the time in the world!

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
nebulous is a community that makes us toxic, there's a lot of things that adds to that, you can blame it on his personality being easy to become toxic, but i feel objectively it is fact that this community breeds toxicity, it made me toxic when i was younger
nebulous isn't the root cause of this

It's the people on internet itself, not nebulous. You'll see the kind of shit you're referring to no matter where you go

you will see it in basically any community that doesn't 'sanitise' itself or claim to be 'anti-toxic' (in reality communities that say that are often even worse, it just doesn't look like it on the surface).

Also, locking yourself in an echo-chamber is what causes a lot of toxic shit.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
At the core of it the problem comes because people have their friend groups they value above everything else as they obviously enjoying playing with and don't want to see broken up.

People view this as a game more than they do a collaborative effort where people are interacting with eachother day in and day out in. The mentality isn't "I'm actually fucking over people trying to do their own thing who I have to interact with again" or "I'd hate this done to me" its "lmao this retard is gonna get fucked" when it comes to shit like metagaming or worse behind closed doors. As a result if you disagree with something they're doing related to the server morally (or they're being hypocrites or whatever) you are expected to shut up and go with it because if you don't, it somehow marks you as a bad friend.

All communities suffer from it to a greater or lesser extent, it isn't endemic to Neb by any means.

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
Like I already stated, I don't blame Nebulous or the community, I blame myself for getting involved with crowds that present the behavior I describe in this thread on a daily basis and I contributed without having the self discipline to back away from it all and put a stop to it. I made attempts to police people, I got complacent with myself and eventually fell into that world for quite awhile and all it took was a few days away from the teamspeak to make me realize that what I was doing was stupid and immature, to say the least on it.

There's genuine banter where everyone's having a good time and there's being a fucking asshole and subjecting one or more people to offensive jokes, whether intentionally offensive or not. I was the latter.