Suggestion allow voice comms again

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
The reality is that the people who this suggestion would affect do not care and use VC regardless, as evidenced by this map's CP dewhitelists, lol
Evident.... how? Combine roster thread only ever shows people getting removed as a result of activity checks.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Evident.... how? Combine roster thread only ever shows people getting removed as a result of activity checks.
Two people got dewhitelisted for using voice-chat with a conflict of interest

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The only reason VC was 'legitimized' was the practicalities of actually enforcing bans being impossible.

That being said, nobody can deny being in VC does impact RP quality most of the time. You can tell who's barely paying attention because they have their friends yelling in their ear vs those who don't. Not to mention its a well known fact that people can and will do stupid shit because they're egged on to do it while in voice.

Should it be banned? I dunno, its a tough sell. Do I get why? Absolutely.

Reactions: List

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Never really spent much time in the VCs but I can absolutely support it being used and reimplemented

Just generally very useful for coordination during S2K across both sides. Outside of S2K, yeah I'd rather people textRP and such but there will be people in VCs just chatting hanging out whilst RPing and tbh it does give people an opportunity to hang out and get on the server to chill & have fun

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
I never really got being in 'VC', especially during downtime and stuff. It takes you out of the experience, can easily be used for metagame, and takes away part of the actual game during things like firefights when instead of using in-game methods you're using VC. It always rubbed me the wrong way when during combat or sweeps or w/e you'd see a bunch of combine players sitting in a private VC (that's not to say rebels didn't do this!)

I'd say don't reimplement it but I don't play anymore and my opinion doesn't really matter.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i dont think this is a rule we can even make suggestions about

iirc this is just a case of "alex says its banned so its banned"

Last edited:

WstStranger

Proton
Nebulae
I only got on VCs to hang out with the lads in CMB server (which is fine). Hell, a few good lads I know are known to me due to discussing things in VC especially when I was just writing up the poems for my cop.

Big but! I made the rules clear on myself to not use it in the middle of RP. When I got on the server, I would just not speak or instead get off the VC (except a few times which was le VC for raids and shit, which to this day is a chaos for me to understand what's happening unless you are actually paying attention).

I see the cool stuff, but that was because I actually used it as any regular VC on discord. People will for any reason use outside of the standards I set for myself, and they will not output the best quality of a character. At times it was for metagaming (but for nonconsequential stuff), but I see the dangers, indeed.

In conclussion, I would advocate it for when basically not being on server, but I certainly can't say the same for actual in game stuff.

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
give us in game VC bring us to synapse genuinely its cool

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
we are lost
3146.jpg

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Remove text and voice altogether...lets just enjoy the map and its fake sun...in silence