Angel tries Anime + Reviews

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
Alright, buddy. I'm gonna recommend you some not-shit anime. I only really watch older anime, but here are the ones I recommend highly.
  • Berserk (1997) - Actually changed my whole perspective on anime, and made me really appreciate older anime. The show follows a wandering mercenary named Guts who eventually runs into "The Band of the Hawk", led by a charismatic, extremely talented, Griffith. The Band is an almost legendary band of mercenaries. It tells his backstory, and his time with the Band. Watch the first episode last, trust me. Also, after you watch this, I recommend reading the manga, since it ends on a bit of a cliff-hanger. The three movies are good as well, but not really needed. Oh, and don't watch the new series. It's fucking terrible. [Genres: Horror, Demons, Medieval, Kingdom Drama]
  • Paranoia Agent - This is a very good anime, made by the god-like and late Satoshi Kon. Each episode follows a different character, with all of them having one connection to each other: Shounen Bat. It follows the victims of these attacks and connects them all together in the end. It's one of those shows were you have to really pay attention, so I'd recommend watching this one when you're lively. [Genres: Thriller, Psychological Horror, Detectives, Trippy]
  • Neon Genesis: Evangelion - Now, I usually don't recommend anime I haven't finished yet, but this one is an exception. It follows a teenager named Shinji who is one of the only people in the world who can control a mech used to kill aliens dubbed "Angels". It's a very emotional ride, and there are plenty of mindfuck moments, just as both of my previous recommendations have. This is an absolute classic; when people think of "anime", they think of this. [Genres: Mecha, Drama, Action, Sci-fi]
Now, this goes without saying, but watching these subbed would be best. The only one that'd probably be okay dubbed is berserk, since that dub isn't half bad, but in my opinion, the sub is better. I hope you have fun with these and any other anime you end up watching! Also, try getting into less mainstream stuff, like hidden gems and the like. Don't be afraid to actually develop a unique taste in anime, and not just a copy and pasted one that so many others have.

Last edited:

Russorigin

Neutrino
Nebulae
I do not watch to anime enough to be an expert, but I have watched a decent amount, and for me, the classics are usually good. I would recommend watching some of Hayao Miyazaki's works. Just looking up his name will give you a good genre of things to watch, but I personally recommend anything pre-2000. If anything, I recommend watching "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind," as that is a personal favorite of mine. If you want to stick with modern anime, I get, Boku No Pico is hard to compete with.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Hayao Miyazaki
That guy doesn't count smh
Everyone has seen stuff from him, regardless of watching other anime... I hope at least...
He is pretty well known and his work has won multiple awards

Either way, finishing some on the watchlist soon, so I'll go through the suggestions once again when I do that

Reactions: List

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
You seem to be very angry about women being sexy.

Would you prefer men instead? If so - take a look at JoJo's Bizarre adventure.

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
I remember there was one where the protagonist was some sort of demon hunter and he had to protect some little girl from all these fucked up demons and it was a gory bloody mess. I didn't mind it, but I stopped watching anime after that series. It was good shit though.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
You seem to be very angry about women being sexy.

Would you prefer men instead? If so - take a look at JoJo's Bizarre adventure.
Cartoons
Highschool kids
Sexy

Nah, not angry. Just feel bad for the pedos that find that shit sexy

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
highschool of the dead

bust that shit out in an afternoon shit's 10/10